News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Wicked63

Wicked63 Profile Photo
Member Name: Wicked63
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: THE TAP DANCE KID
 Jul 8 2007, 10:59:19 PM
The CD is on my Ipod and i love Fabulouse feet
re: Coco: Did anyone see it?
 Jul 8 2007, 10:58:10 PM
The Cd and the clip from the Tonys is enuf dontya think?
re: A FLOP! & DESERVEDLY SO TOO!
 Jul 8 2007, 10:57:05 PM
The Drowsy Chaporone! Anyone?
Less than 100 performances!
My freinds who are in it report that Ms Piggy Paige is blaming the whole thing on the poor 'Man In Chair' -accusations of scene stealing abound!

re: Sondheim - A Celebration with Jula McKenzie etc.
 Jul 7 2007, 02:19:26 PM
Its not realy a follow up to 'Side By Side'. Its just Julia and David putting some great tracks down with some great singers. It was on CD at some point, i can look for the date of mine if you want-it was around 1996/7. A 'Side By Side '2' has never really been done. Even when it was revived this year in London it was the original song list. This greatly dissapointed critics and public alike and it lasted 4 weeks. A great 'follow up' to Side By side for me is 'Putting It Together' from 1983 in
re: Anyone hear the Pirate Queen cast recording yet?
 Jul 7 2007, 02:06:31 PM
I didnt say it was a problem! did i?

Jul 7 2007, 01:06:38 PM
At least i can hear every word on the CD unlike at the Hideous Hilton- and i sat in row G orchestra.
re: Let Her Entertain You: the LuPone-Gypsy Story
 Jul 7 2007, 12:53:21 PM
A very good friend of mine was house manager at the Adelphi while 'Sunset' was there. He told me he would quake with fear when summoned to her dressing room. He also said the dressing room corridors and backstage areas would empty into ghost towns as she made her way around. You gotta love a diva like her! I love her Heatwave album
 Jul 7 2007, 12:48:38 PM
Ms Block sounds a little like Ruthie Henshall on the CD
 Jul 7 2007, 12:24:03 PM
I didnt care much for the show itself but i recieved the CD yesterday and i must admit it is a great album.
re: Who remembers WOMEN BEHIND BARS?
 Jul 6 2007, 11:17:01 PM
I love old theatre posters.
re: Hairspray photo help
 Jul 6 2007, 11:14:23 PM
....im biteing my lip to ask, but........
re: West End Drowsy To Close on Aug. 4
 Jul 6 2007, 11:11:19 PM
Well all three should go to prove tastes havent been lost totally. You guys have been spared so far the 'joys' of WWRY and DD but for how long??
re: Grey Gardens Posters in?
 Jul 6 2007, 11:06:27 PM
Triton isnt across from the Herschfeld anymore.
re: Billy Elliot
 Jul 6 2007, 10:20:05 PM
It could suffer the same problems as The Full Monty had in the swapping of locations and accents etc. When 'The Full Monty-the musical' went to London it didnt work because English audiences were expecting the same story, accents and locations as the original movie. Hope it works on Broadway- its a stunningly emotional piece that has brought me to tears on three occasions now. NY likes Elton John but NY didnt like Lestat, ah well! One of the Billys in London is an American by the way.
re: THE DROWSY CHAPERONE Tour Thread
 Jul 6 2007, 10:13:03 PM
With last nights announcment that the London production will close on Aug 4th after barely 2 months and the Broadway production down to the 60% mark most weeks is anyone thinking that maybe they'll pull the plug on it in the next few weeks also? It wont be the first time a shows been taken off just as the tour goes out. Just wondering what people thought.

re: What to see with Mom
 Jul 6 2007, 10:05:54 PM
Naked Boys Singing!
re: Who remembers WOMEN BEHIND BARS?
 Jul 6 2007, 09:57:47 PM
It was done in london in the mid 90s in a very cheap production in a small theatre in the basement of a bar. It had fantastic reviews and extended its run. On the same theme of women behind bars, a major new musical called 'Bad Girls' opens in Londons West End in August. This show is based on a very successful TV show.
Theres obviously a market for shows with 'women beind bars' out there. In the late 90s there was yet another musical called 'Prisoner Cell Block H' that had a s

Jul 6 2007, 03:10:36 PM
Mark my words! 'The Lord Of The Rings[ is the next departure from the West End. Its playing to around 1000 a night in a 2400 seat theatre. The top 2 levels, out of 4 have been closed almost every performance except weekends. I reckon from what i hear 2 or 3 months
 Jul 6 2007, 03:07:12 PM
If they are careful they should give Grey Gardens a limited season only and sell it on that and and the Tony awards it won. If, and i hope it does play London it wil not have a long life past a limited season.
re: London's Drowsy Chaperone to Close August 4th.
 Jul 6 2007, 02:34:11 PM
The Broadway production is doing better than the London one but isnt doing good biz from the weekly listings i see.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You