News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for HunterK2

HunterK2 Profile Photo
Member Name: HunterK2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Alice Ripley as Fantine?
 Apr 13 2009, 12:29:52 PM
I saw her as Mrs. Walker in "The Who's Tommy" twice and the Les Miz producers saw her and snatched her up to tour as Fantine. Next thing she is replacing Judy Kuhn for Sunset Blvd. She started on the fast track. So well deserved!
re: Haven Burton as Fiona.
 Apr 13 2009, 12:26:49 PM
I found it quiet amusing (and very well done) seeing Heather Jane do Gingy and Mama Bear. It was a like a psychotic switch. She totally changed her voice characters perfectly and was fun to watch her go from one character to the next in 2 seconds. Very well done.
There were only 2 dragonettes (singing) and not many on the tale. They handled it well!

re: Alice Ripley: Her Voice
 Apr 13 2009, 12:22:57 PM
Her "Tell Me on a Sunday" in DC was 90 minutes of a nonstop mix of heavy belting and her gorgeous head voice. She held he own beautifully through that show and countless others. I do agree, her acting of a song is is strong suit. Just watching her, no matter what is coming out of her mouth, is worth the price of admission.

Just a brilliant performer all around!

re: West Side Story LOTTO
 Apr 13 2009, 01:17:44 AM
Ok, I tried the lotto for the first time this afternoon. I have heard all the posts about it being rigged and a shrugged it off. I am not going to say it is rigged, but it is VERY shady!!

Who doesn't pull names out in front of the group of people? Why do you have to go back in the lobby to do it? It was funny that a groups of mid-twenties guys all won 4 out of the 9 names called. I am not one to accuse, but it was very odd!

Any feelings?

re: Alice Ripley as Fantine?
 Apr 13 2009, 01:12:20 AM
saw her many times. She was very gritty. She also was one of the few Fantine's I have seen that brought herself to tears during "I Dreamed a Dream." She was a quite movie and looked amazing!
re: Law and Order
 Apr 13 2009, 01:06:21 AM
they are always doing group extra casting for all the Law & Orders. Check backstage or online. They happen at least every 6 - 8 weeks!

Bets of luck!

re: Haven Burton as Fiona.
 Apr 13 2009, 01:01:22 AM
I was at today's matinee (Sunday 4/12) and Haven was on. I am a big fan of hers. From Maureen, to Elle and Margot and adore her Gingy. Her riffing in "Donkey Pot Pie" was a highlight for me.

Her Fiona was good, but not remarkable. She lacked the presence and assurance of the character. She sounded great, but there was only one riff. I would say just an average performance. I wanted so much more from her. Her tapping was good, she has improved from her Legally Blonde days.
There must have been a lot of female cast members out because there were only 2 dragonettes and no sugar plum fairy.

Just my opinion!

The Official Best Musical Tony Award Winner 'In The Heights' Love Thread
 Sep 27 2008, 09:57:37 PM
Seeing the 7pm show and was wondering if anyone knew about understudies going on for the show?
Any help would be great!
Thank you!

LB
 Sep 27 2008, 09:55:28 PM
Seeing the 2pm show tomorrow (Sunday)...anyone know of understudies?

I know that Tiffany was Serena on Saturday at 8pm.

Any info would be great!
Thanks so much!

LB
 Jul 8 2008, 03:54:31 AM
Just seeing if anyone knew of any understudies going on Wednesday (7/9) either show?

Thanks!

The Official Best Musical Tony Award Winner 'In The Heights' Love Thread
 Jul 8 2008, 03:50:34 AM
Just wondering if anyone knew if any understudies will be on Tuesday or Wednesday?
Have seen ITH with full cast twice and have been wanting to see a few people on.

Any help would be great!
Thanks!

re: The Official 'In The Heights' Love Thread....
 May 21 2008, 09:12:50 PM
Does anyone have the lyrics to Daniela and Carla's part in 96,000?

If you could post it that would be wonderful!
Thank you!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You