News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Deannaizme

Deannaizme Profile Photo
Member Name: Deannaizme
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Cabaret returns to Studio 54
 May 3 2007, 04:52:59 PM
I think this is excellent news. Yes, it might be too soon. So what? If it's the same production, it will be wonderful. And the chance to see Alan Cumming (outside of YouTube) ... I'll be there.
Favorite Moments
 Apr 20 2007, 02:23:05 PM
The orchestra break from the 98 revival of Cabaret: in Willkommen, right after the Emcee says "Even the orchestra is beautiful". It got me when I saw the show, and gets me every time I listen to the recording.
re: CABARET Musical Numbers (Help)
 Apr 6 2007, 12:40:07 PM
Deannaizme, I saw Norbert and Joely as well---thought he was great, she was just so-so.

How was Deborah in the role?

I thought Joely was so-so as well; he was great. I was pleasantly surprised by Deborah Gibson (and NPH, since I'd only seen him before as Doogie Howser). They were excellent. I didn't want the show to end that night.

re: CABARET Musical Numbers (Help)
 Apr 5 2007, 05:37:05 PM
Oh, and somewhat related: the revival tie-in book is pretty awesome, for those that are interested. It might be out of print by now, but definitely worth seeking out. It has the script, backstage photos, Alan Cumming journal entries, and so on. Good stuff!

I have a copy of this on my bookshelf. I think I'll be pulling it out when I get home from work. Thank you for the great pictures; they're bringing back a lot of great memories. I've said it before: Cabaret brought me back t

re: Titles For The Next Broadway Casting Reality Show
 Mar 29 2007, 12:57:50 PM
The Producers -- Who Do YOU Have to F*** to Get a Break in This Town?
re: Grease Revival Will Be True to the Original....
 Mar 28 2007, 04:27:22 PM
I've never seen Grease on stage, only the movie. I have to say that I don't understand why the Beauty School Dropout scene was even in the film. It brought it to a dead stop, for me. Serious question: What's the scene supposed to be for?
Another Grease Casting Rumor
 Mar 19 2007, 05:14:31 PM
Austin can be Teen Angel. Except I can't stand him. :)
re: Another Grease Casting Rumor
 Mar 15 2007, 06:51:56 PM
Yes, Austin is young looking. I suppose I was referring to his oiliness, for lack of a better term. But I don't really see him looking young as that much of a detriment. I always saw Billy as kind of a snake oil salesman.
re: Another Grease Casting Rumor
 Mar 15 2007, 06:12:57 PM
I may be in the minority, but I hope it's not Austin. He's a good actor and can sing & dance, but he's not Danny for me. I'd love to see him as, say, Billy Flynn in Chicago, but not Danny. I've been voting for Max and I hope he gets it.
Cabaret At Studio 54
 Mar 14 2007, 06:56:53 PM
Exactly ... that's the show I saw as well. I was there during the musician strike as well, and was happy that I had tickets to Cabaret. I wonder if we were there the same night.
Cabaret At Studio 54
 Mar 14 2007, 06:36:47 PM
My friend and I sat in the back two seats at table 125 when we were there a few years ago. Neil Patrick Harris was the Emcee when I saw it at Studio 54. I loved that show; I saw it 5 or 6 times in San Francisco and once in New York. I hate that it's closed.
re: re: re: Cabaret: A Eulogy
 Sep 4 2003, 07:28:05 PM
Robbiej, what a great post. You make me wish all the harder that I'd seen it on Broadway with the original (revival) cast. I've loved the performances I did see, and am sorry that this show is closing. It's the show that turned me back on to theatre, when I'd not seen a show in years. A friend took me to a performance by the original touring cast and I was hooked -- hooked on this show, and hooked on theatre again. So I appreciate Cabaret for that, as well as for the show.
Chicago Tour In San Francisco Review
 Aug 11 2003, 01:19:54 PM
My cousin and I went to see Chicago last night. It was a fantastic evening; we were very pleased with the show. Both of us found Bianca's Roxie wonderfully full of herself. Her singing was good, and we were very impressed by her grace when she was dancing. Brenda's Velma was great as well. In fact, we thought the entire cast just did a fantastic job. And the choreography and dancing were top-notch.

As you can see, I'm no reviewer. But I did h

re: re: re: Chicago Tour In San Francisco Review
 Aug 8 2003, 05:00:07 PM
Alien,

I'll let you know for sure what I think. I've been looking forward to this show for awhile.

Evidently, the reviewers didn't see a problem with either Bianca's voice or the dancing. It was as rave a review as the Chronicle will usually give these days (Urinetown got the "Wild Applause" rating) and I can't wait for Sunday night!

CJR ... just get on a plane and come on out to San Francisco! You can see Kevin on the tour out here

Chicago Tour In San Francisco Review
 Aug 8 2003, 11:53:48 AM
The San Francisco Chronicle reviewed the current tour of Chicago in this morning's newspaper. It's a pretty good review, really, especially for Ann Reinking's choreography. Everyone else, except Kevin Richardson, should also be happy with this review.

I am ... I'm going Sunday night.

re: re: re: re: Queer Eye looking for Straight Guys
 Jul 31 2003, 07:26:07 PM
I know a guy who could use the Fab 5. Are they planning to do a San Francisco sojourn?
re: Smoking Tobacco Banned on New York Stages
 Jul 28 2003, 04:13:45 PM
Don't they already have something like that? I recall hearing someplace that the Cigarette Smoking Man on The X-files smoked something other than tobacco -- something like wheat? I don't know, but it's something!

~D

re: re: re: Health Care
 Jul 26 2003, 08:53:18 PM
Perhaps. But it would cost so much as to be prohibitive, I think. Hillary Clinton showed us that when she tried to do that when Clinton was president.
re: re: Health care
 Jul 26 2003, 04:31:42 PM
John, it's because there really isn't any alternative to employer-supplied healthcare. Individuals, for the most part, can't afford to go out and get their own health policies. Employers can (see my previous post for why).

Universal health care is certainly a good solution, and as a benefits professional (and maybe this is a heresy as I'd be out of a job), I'd support that. But it comes down the the ultimate question. How do you pay for it? Do you *really* want something this importa

re: Health Care
 Jul 25 2003, 04:52:22 PM
I agree with you as well, DofB5. It's quite unfortunate.

I hope you feel better and don't have to go to the hospital!

Deanna

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You