News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for edmondj5

Member Name: edmondj5
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

WAY TOO EARLY 2023 Tony Award Predictions
 Nov 2 2022, 01:49:24 PM

I know the production as a whole has received lukewarm responses, but Casey Likes is doing some marvelous work in Almost Famous. Any chance he can sneak into the Best Actor race? 

ONLY GOLD Musical at MCC Begins October 5
 Oct 22 2022, 11:41:09 PM

I saw the matinee today (10/22) and the show ran about 2 hours and 10 minutes; based on other reports in this thread, it seems like a lot was cut. In addition, the Act 2 song list in the program is...incorrect. The first few songs were there, and then it seemed like we got an entirely different show. There was no "Seagulls" song to end the second act.

It appeared to me that they are still working on the ending; it was very succinct and just sort of...happened. But I liked it

KIMBERLY AKIMBO Previews
 Oct 22 2022, 11:35:23 PM

I don't remember the last time I heard an audience laugh so loudly, so genuinely, and for such a long period of time. This is a truly delightful show with a very affirming message that doesn't hit you over the head with its morals. 

The quartet of students is so, so lovely and it's great to hear Tesori write for "older" kids after such success with Fun Home. I'm a little surprised they didn't add an ensemble to show when moving it to Broadway

COMPANY To Close On July 31, 2022
 Jul 30 2022, 08:37:31 PM

I’m truly so sad to be posting this, but I’m so sick and unable to go to the closing performance tomorrow. I have 1 ticket available: Orchestra O, Row H, Seat 5. $200 (what I paid for it) or best offer. Please PM if interested!

Company Rush Tickets?
 Jul 30 2022, 08:36:24 PM

I’m truly so sad to be posting this, but I’m so sick and unable to go to the closing performance tomorrow. I have 1 ticket available: Orchestra O, Row H, Seat 5. $200 (what I paid for it) or best offer. Please PM if interested!

Regina understudy in Mean Girls
 Jun 16 2018, 04:42:01 PM
I was wondering if anyone besides Taylor has gone on in the role yet. I know she's taking a vacation from the show in August and was curious about her understudies.

I haven't seen the show yet but from the album I can't believe she sings like that 8 shows a week. Very curious to know how someone else would sound doing the role as I imagine it's very tailor made for her.

Thoroughly Modern Millie - OBC Question
 Jul 21 2016, 11:09:25 AM

Thank you for your response, Lizzie! I definitely agree with you about Mrs. Meers - I feel like the comedy of it never quite lands because it feels so uncomfortably inappropriate. Not sure why the creative time went in that direction. Would honestly love to know the thought process behind all that. Of course, those elements existed in the film but could have been altered for the stage.

Thoroughly Modern Millie - OBC Question
 Jul 21 2016, 10:47:43 AM

Hi all. I don't usually post on here but I am working on a production of "Millie" right now and had a question. For those who saw the original Broadway production (or any of the out of town tryouts) - what did you think? I know it was a hit at the Tony's and critical reviews were mixed to positive. Just curious as to what those who saw it thought of the book, score, etc. I'm wondering how it would be received if it premiered today, instead of in the early 2000s, given so

Significant Other on Broadway
 Jul 14 2016, 01:19:47 PM

Per a notice from Roundabout, Glick and Mendez will be transferring.

http://blog.roundabouttheatre.org/2016/07/11/significant-other-moves-to-broadway/?cluid=1593770&utm_source=wordfly&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=160714-mktg-enews-significantotherbway-hiptix&utm_content=version_A

What to Rush on Sunday, November 15
 Nov 2 2015, 04:55:52 PM

Hi all,

I'm celebrating my birthday in the city in a few weeks and I'm hoping to see two shows. I already have tickets to "Allegiance" for Saturday night, and was hoping to rush something for Sunday matinee.

Any suggestions/rush recommendations? Thanks!

Post holiday status of Matilda lottery / Pippin rush
 Jan 10 2014, 04:17:39 PM
I was just in NYC with friends yesterday to rush "Once." There wasn't a huge line but by the time we got to the box office (around 10:15) they were sold out of rush tickets. We immediately went over to "Pippin" and got GREAT rush tickets in second row orchestra, and this was at 10:20-10:30. The line was also shorter than Once's line when we got there around 9:30. So I would say your chances are pretty great of getting "Pippin" rush, but it could be more crowded for the weekend.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You