News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for collinsfollower

collinsfollower Profile Photo
Member Name: collinsfollower
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Remembering Dorothy Collins
 Jul 21 2017, 11:36:03 AM

Today marks the passing of one of the great ladies who played only one role in a Broadway musical, but who will always be remembered as the definitive Sally Durrant Plummer of Follies (1971). Thank you Dorothy Collins for your memorable appearance in Sondheim's production.  You will always be remembered for your warmth, grace, talent and pleasant personality to all who came in contact with you.  We remember you and celebrate your legacy on this day.

Dorothy Collins at Michael's Pub in 1979
 Jul 18 2017, 01:28:20 PM

Greetings.  I have been trying to locate a soundboard copy of Dorothy Collins 1979 performance at Michael's Pub in New York.  I have a copy of her 1976 performance at the Grand Finale; however, I have been unsuccessful in locating the Michael's Pub performance.

Please contact me if you can assist me.  Thank you

Richard

Collins Follower

Dorothy Collins
 Aug 30 2014, 06:30:31 PM
Dorothy did do the musical "Do I Hear A Waltz"...in 1966 at the Paper Mill Playhouse with her then husband Ron Holgate and again in 1967 at the St. Louis MUNY with Enzo Stuarti. Would love to get my hands on a sound board recording.

Dorothy Collins
 Aug 30 2014, 06:25:12 PM
In addition to her daughter's site...remembering dorothy collins....check out www.collinstribute for a look at all of the various summer stock Dorothy did since her debut in 1957...and she kept going until her retirement in 1980.
Dorothy Collins
 Aug 29 2014, 04:29:47 PM
Thanks for your kind words on the talent of Dorothy Collins. I sure wish I had had the chance to see her in the 1971 production of "Follies". I love listening to the soundboard recording of that show and hearing the dialogue as well. The remix CD recently done is an incredible improvement over the OBC CD. It is a shame that she did not make it back to Broadway. She did an incredible amount of summer stock beginning in 1957 in St. Louis with "The Wizard of Oz". If you are interested, check
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You