News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for AnthonyB

AnthonyB Profile Photo
Member Name: AnthonyB
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Pop or Solo Artist who record Broadway showtunes?  Feb 19 2015, 06:13:36 PM
Somewhere from West Side Story by The Pet Shop Boys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbHuk75Mv8I

If I Only Had A Brain- Robbie Williams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GpyBU2DVkE

Pop or Solo Artist who record Broadway showtunes?  Feb 19 2015, 05:42:56 PM
Boyzone

No Matter What

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eul_Vt6SZY

Parade Concert at Lincoln Center  Feb 18 2015, 04:11:00 PM
I wasn't at the concert (though I wish I was) as I live in London however was certainly aware of it. There was a 15-20 minute feature on BroadwayWorld.com.

Apparently it was the London version performed. I have had the original cast recording for several years and saw the London production and can honestly say in all of my theatre going years this is one of the most, if not, the most powerful thing I have ever seen. To this day when I think of it, it still sends shivers down my spine.

I swear the is a movie musical waiting to happen!

But I digress. The concert. This appeared on my Facebook page today.

http://www.theatermania.com/video/laura-benanti-and-jeremy-jordan-led-the-cast-of-ja_734.html

A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC ? London 1996 / Judi Dench  Feb 2 2015, 01:32:14 AM
Just to clarify, this was not an open invitation to send this to anyone and everyone who has read the post so (kindly) do not send requests or PM me.

Thanks

A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC ? London 1996 / Judi Dench  Feb 1 2015, 03:58:58 PM
PianoMann I don't have the physical CD but somehow (don't actually know how) my cousin in Australia has the cast recording and sent it to me digitally. If you give me an email address I can try and share it with you, should you wish.
American Psycho 2015/16?  Feb 1 2015, 03:55:52 PM
I saw it. Really quire enjoyable. Completely sold out. i remember that I had a ticket but couldn't go as I (unbelievably) had a double booking so sold my ticket to a friend then went to the theatre straight after work and had to queue for a couple of hours but finally got in and saw it.
Which Sondheim Will Be A Classic in 100 Years?  Jan 19 2015, 07:39:05 AM
Why do we have to limit ourselves to just one? They are all classics with new generations rediscovering them
City of Angels  Jan 11 2015, 03:30:42 PM
There's actually a brilliant production of this playing in London right now
Musicals with exotic locales  Jan 7 2015, 07:58:30 AM
The Light in the Piazza- Italy
Do I Hear a Waltz- Again, Italy
Passion- Again, Italy
A Little Night Music- Sweden
Mamma Mia!-Greece
Aspects Of Love- Southern France

Debra Byrne & Hugh Jackman in Sunset Boulevard  Jan 5 2015, 08:12:18 AM
Again, slighty off topic but don't forget that Debra Byrne sings Fantaine in the Les Miserables International Cast Recording
Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread  Dec 17 2014, 07:57:21 AM
I'm also in the UK. Mrtrobz, I like your way of thinking

The Last 5 Years Movie Trailer  Dec 9 2014, 07:58:34 AM
I can only state what I already have on previous post elsewhere.

I am in the UK and attended the first ever UK preview screening about 2 weeks ago and felt very privileged to have done so.

I have been a fan of this small but powerful musical for many years and am so thrilled it's been turned into a film so that a wider audience may get the opportunity to discover this.

I loved the film. I really did. Despite the odd change of lyric here and there. Both Anna Kendrick an

Is Nine a Bad Musical or Just a Bad Movie?  Dec 4 2014, 07:58:17 AM
I agree with WiCkEDrOcKS. It's just (dissapointingly) a REALLY BAD film

Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread  Nov 11 2014, 07:52:09 AM
ImpossiblePrincess I too am in the UK. Just go to i-Tunes, search for Into The Woods and listen to the samples.

Time restraints this morning only permitted me to list to about 5 mins in total (if that) however I have to agree with previous posters. Will a full orchestra this just sounds terrific!

Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread  Nov 6 2014, 06:23:00 PM
Having been a fan of this show since approx. 1989, I am beyond excited for this.

And you guys get to see it almost two weeks before it makes it across the pod to the UK!

For anyone who's seen this at a preview screening may I ask if either of the following two things have made it into the film?

After the Baker has stolen the cape from Little Red Riding Hood he sings something along the lines of "It's a cloak. What's a cloak? It's a stupid little cloak. It's a joke!

Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread  Nov 5 2014, 04:56:52 PM
I agree
Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread  Nov 2 2014, 04:04:59 AM
It is my understanding that Agony (reprise) is not in the film (personally, I think this is a shame) however as within this it makes reference to Snow White and Sleeping Beauty. Whilst I appreciate they only cameo in the original show, is it safe to assume that they too have been cut from the film?
Favorite Same-Sex Duets  Sep 24 2014, 07:54:17 AM
I Know Him So Well- Chess
The Confrontation- Les Miserables (Javet & Val Jean)
Take Me Or Leave Me- Rent
Marry The Man Today- Guys & Dolls

Neurotic/Awkward Male Characters  Sep 19 2014, 12:26:22 PM
Seymour Krelborne- Little shop of Horrors
Motel- Fiddler on the Roof
Eugene- Grease
Amos- Chicago

Cheyenne Jackson Got Married Today!  Sep 14 2014, 05:47:46 PM
Although this is his second wedding, was the first also a gay wedding?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You