News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Bro_on_Broadway

Bro_on_Broadway Profile Photo
Member Name: Bro_on_Broadway
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

My Very Own British Invasion Previews
 Feb 5 2019, 10:12:18 AM

Yeah I guess its set in the Bag O' Nails club in London in the 60s and its kind of a flashback/memory play reenacting Peter Noone's and the British invasion of music to America. Theres a character that i'm thinking is supposed to be Mick Jagger, which would make the girl (Pamela) Marianne Faithful..? KTP plays a narrator of sorts (that doesn't bookend the show) based on Geno Washington. Lots of 60s music, energetic fun. Story? - barely there.

Feb 3 2019, 12:59:56 PM

Afternoon.

Do you have any thoughts to share? How was it?

Feb 1 2019, 10:27:10 AM

Was anyone at Papermill last night for the first preview? Anyone have any plans to go? Is this planning to transfer?

KING KONG - Previews
 Oct 10 2018, 10:56:41 AM

Well Firstly.. Wow! The Kong they have created is truly remarkable and the 'puppeteers' are brilliant!

now, the rest..

oh boy. Yes, I was very much reminded of Paramour. Whenever the story is thrown in there you just keep thinking "lets get back to the monkey!". It doesn't have to be that way of course. The suspense build up to the reveal is great. The boat ride is superb (Although far too long).

They do need to recast the leads as they could no

Daniel Fish-Directed OKLAHOMA! Lassos its Way to St. Ann's Warehouse
 Oct 10 2018, 10:46:20 AM

whatdoesntkillme said: "Has anyone had success with the mobile rush or cancellation line? Thinking of trying for tomorrow."

UUUghhh.. I've been trying the rush on #TodayTix for several days - even down to watching the seconds and clicking at exactly the right time. I have had ZERO luck, even when it says there are tickets left, I click and it says they're all in someone's carts!!! Grrr. Are there Bots snappi

She Loves Me previews
 Feb 29 2016, 10:13:40 AM

RippedMan said: "Is there no way for them to create an orchestra pit? Surely there is space underneath the stage? Or why not put the orchestra in the wings like a lot of shows do."

This space was used at one point as a television studio so there is a concrete floor under the stage (each show bring their own deck in) and there is zero wing space SL there and barely much more SR. #NYTheaterProblems

On Your Feet! Previews
 Oct 5 2015, 10:29:28 AM

I've heard the contrary- this show is constantly evolving, and it had 2 weeks of studio rehearsals in new york. May be worth a couple of trips to see!? I have a feeling it will definitely be different from when I saw it in Chicago.

WHAT WILL BE THE BIGGEST UPSET ON SUNDAY?
 Jun 6 2015, 11:01:47 AM

I don't think 20th for best set design would be an upset in the least. That show was stunning. The upset already happened with Scott Pask not being nominated!

ON YOUR FEET begins pre-Broadway run in Chicago
 Jun 3 2015, 06:41:46 PM

the songs in spanish are:

Tradicion

Mi Tierra

Oye mi Canto

and one more in the megamix but I don't remember what one.

ON YOUR FEET begins pre-Broadway run in Chicago
 Jun 3 2015, 06:22:59 PM

yes. the song is called wrapped. 

Tony Host 2015
 Mar 24 2015, 10:11:03 AM
MARTIN SHORT!!! pleease
Songs That Have Moved You To Tears
 Mar 13 2014, 01:27:19 PM
"Fly, Fly Away" - Catch me if you Can.
Bullets Over Broadway previews
 Mar 12 2014, 02:33:01 PM
@Jon - no no no, she saves the dancing on top of things for the train of course!
 Mar 12 2014, 10:56:24 AM
Oh.. And off topic - top 5
IF/Then
Beautiful
Bullets over Broadway
After Midnight
Rocky
...However if Hedwig gets classified as a new musical I may have to bump one of those..

(Bridges and Aladdin would go on my worst list)

Mar 12 2014, 10:40:04 AM
@younger brother The set is massive. The St James went under a lot of construction and excavation just to fit it in.

2 elevators midstage that bring various scenic pieces up for several locations such as the club, the penthouse, the greenwich village rooftop. One deck trap DS that raises a railing for a balcony scene at helens. several stacked sliding panels/legs that contain doors and clad in brick. US there are a number of layered drops some with brick scrim on so they can be translu

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You