News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Bdwyblues

Member Name: Bdwyblues
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

First show seen on broadway?
 Sep 17 2014, 08:31:29 AM
My first Broadway show was A CHORUS LINE December 19, 1977. The next night was ANNIE. Since then, I've seen 310 different Broadway shows and some of those multiple times. Before my first Broadway experience, I had seen some fun summer stock including BUS STOP with John Travolta, Anita Gillette and in his professional debut, Brian Dennehy. Also in the cast were John Travolta's two sisters. Another summer stock show was MOURNING IN A FUNNY HAT by Dodie Goodman and starring Shirley Booth. I wou
BWW REVIEW: WITCHES OF EASTWICK AT OGUNQUIT PLAYHOUSE
 Sep 11 2014, 09:22:09 AM
I was at the matinee yesterday as well. I had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed the show. The cast was fantastic - the leads, amazing Broadway pros, but also the smaller roles - perfectly cast and everyone gave 110%. Beautifully staged and choreographed with an eye-popping set. This was summer stock at its best.

As for the show, I think the first act should be trimmed by about ten minutes. The second act is excellent with some great numbers.

I was highly impressed and en

How Many Of The 40 Broadway Theaters Have You Been To?
 Sep 7 2014, 09:17:57 AM
My first Broadway show was A Chorus Line in 1977 followed by Annie the next night at the Alvin. I decided to make a list of all the Broadway houses and the first show I saw in each one. Very fond memories and a fun exercise to remember all of this. My love affair with Broadway continues

Shubert – A Chorus Line
Alvin/Neil Simon – Annie
Broadway – Evita
Winter Garden – Cats
Majestic – 42nd Street
Palace – Woman of the Year
Neederlander – Raggady Ann
New Amst

Jerome Kern's ROBERTA Full Studio Cast Recording
 Aug 31 2014, 08:43:43 AM
I worked on a production of ROBERTA in the early 1980's at what is now Maine State Music Theatre. Back then it was Brunswick Music Theater run by Victoria Crandall. The show starred Dorothy Stinnett as Madame Roberta along with Betsy Kiser, Ken Prescott and Ginger Prince. The exquisite fashion show (Gowns by Roberta) was designed by David Robinson. The score is beautiful and features the hit "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes." Vicki Crandall often did operettas. I got to see and hear such shows as
Florence Lacey as EVITA
 Mar 14 2014, 08:40:49 AM
No, Florence never went on for Bernadette. I would love to hear her sing Sally's songs. Her Desiree in NIGHT MUSIC was amazing.
The Miller's Son on Tonight Show - Question
 Mar 13 2014, 12:34:58 PM
I saw D. Jamin Bartlett play Desiree in a production of NIGHT MUSIC in Portsmouth, NH at the old Theatre by the Sea. Her daughter played Fredrika and the quintet was very young and they were dressed as trees. It was very strange. If I remember correctly, Jeff McCarthy was Count Carl Magnus. This would have been in the 1980's.
Florence Lacey as EVITA
 Mar 13 2014, 11:25:51 AM
Florence does hold the world record for the most performances as Eva Peron in EVITA. In addition to the Broadway and national tour, she did six international tours of the show. An amazing woman.
Florence Lacey as EVITA
 Mar 13 2014, 08:57:28 AM
The amazing Florence Lacey is starring as Peg in Bruce Graham's THE OUTGOING TIDE in Portland, Maine at Good Theater www.goodtheater.com. She is as beautiful today as she was when the Evita clip was filmed. A great performer!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You