News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Love Theatre2

Member Name: Love Theatre2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

One spot left  Apr 18 2015, 09:16:08 AM

I forgot to put in Hand to God, for consideration

Something Rotten...........

Hand to God................

Fun Home.............

One spot left  Apr 18 2015, 08:05:19 AM

Between:

Something Rotton

Hedwig

Fun Home

Dr. Zhivago

It shoulda been you

What should I do?

I am seeing:

Gigi

An American in Paris

Skylight

King and I

On the 20th Century

39 steps, again

It's Only a Play

Thanks for your insight.

Bullets Over Bway ( Why no talk ? )  May 8 2014, 09:19:35 PM
Gosh some of you on here, are negative at each other!
And the Nominees Should Be... (Brantley and Isherwood Predictions)  May 8 2014, 08:13:01 PM
I completely, agree.
Tony 2014 - winner predictions  May 8 2014, 08:09:40 PM
I agree, 100%.
Best choreography to Midnight! I really loved that show.

And the Nominees Should Be... (Brantley and Isherwood Predictions)  May 8 2014, 07:32:26 PM
I agree that she should have been nominated. Lisa O'Hare, is outstanding.
Bullets Over Bway ( Why no talk ? )  May 8 2014, 07:30:54 PM
I saw Gentlemen's Guide in previews in Oct.
It has been my favorite since then. I have seen it 4 times,(and I live on the west coast) and it had nothing to do w/ the nominations, as I had seen it 3 times, before they were announced. I love the music, and those voices. I feel it has an excellent chance of taking the Tony for the music, and I am hoping for Best New Musical.
Early on, on another thread, I commented that I hoped that both Bryce and Jefferson would be nominated, as they we

Bullets Over Bway ( Why no talk ? )  May 8 2014, 10:40:26 AM
Yes, if you love The Producers, you would probably love it.
Have you ever heard a musical artist, or composer, and felt it all their work, sort of sounds, the same? That each piece of music, is not very, original? That is what I am trying to describe. It's "Stroman". Not "Bullets". It's "The Producers", not "Bullets'.
It feels, the same. If that makes, sense. Just my opinion........
If I go and see, "Romeo and Juliet', i hope to see, Romeo and Juliet. Done, well, or done bett

Bullets Over Bway ( Why no talk ? )  May 8 2014, 10:18:06 AM
I think that it is more likely, that woody had very little to do with it....
and that is what I think is the problem.
I think the director took it in a direction of a big, splashy, and very over done, way.
I think the performers did a wonderful job with what they were given, to do.
It is what they were given to do, that I feel, was the problem.......I agree w/ Brantley, and his review. It was probably not meant to be a musical. I would have enjoyed it, as the comedy, that i

Bullets Over Bway ( Why no talk ? )  May 8 2014, 07:45:27 AM
Personally speaking, I came to the city and saw 8 shows, last week. Bullets was my least favorite, but most anticipated. I was so, disappointed. It was so, blatantly overdone. Just call it, The Producers. In your face, loud, and the story, if you adore the movie, as I do, was completely changed, including the ending. It was such a disappointment, to me.
The director, I believe, was a mismatch in terms of this show. The performances are good, and the actors did what was asked of them.

Act One Previews  Apr 11 2014, 08:10:36 PM
If someone would like 2 great seats, I am selling two, for May 3 at 2:00. orchestra, very good. I paid 177, but will take a reasonable offer. I am double scheduled.
Karenleslie@socal.rr.com

Lead Actor in a Musical?  Mar 24 2014, 07:05:39 PM
Being nominated is a huge honor and wonderful recognition of an actors work. It has happened before, (Wicked) and I am sure Kristin was please to be nominated, even though, she didn't win that night. I do not think of it as a competition. It is really, recognition of fine work. By the way, I love Norbert, however, he didn't have much to work with, on Big Fish, and I do not agree, that it is a Tony performance. I love him as an actor, but, that is not the role that I believe is worthy of a
Lead Actor in a Musical?  Mar 24 2014, 09:07:41 AM
I am also hoping Bruce Pinkham get a Tony nod! And Jefferson Mays.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You