News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for CTNYC2

CTNYC2 Profile Photo
Member Name: CTNYC2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Frank Langella - health?  Aug 2 2016, 04:35:56 PM

Mr. Roxy, he did look frail, and for him to miss the final performance ... well, it's worrisome.  I hope he is doing better.  Looking forward to seeing him in "O Dad, Poor Dad..." in either LaJolla or NYC next summer, if the planets align...

Frank Langella - health?  Aug 1 2016, 10:05:54 PM

Hi,

I was one of the unfortunates who had tix to the last performance of "The Father," when Langella was out ill. Does anyone know if his illness was/is serious?  He looked very thin on the Tony Awards and I'm hoping he's okay.  Thanks.

It's Only a Play Stage Door ... back door?  Nov 10 2014, 07:44:51 PM
Good advice and many thanks, Haterobics. I'll post more carefully in the future!
It's Only a Play Stage Door ... back door?  Nov 10 2014, 07:22:58 PM
Point taken. I have been reluctant to share given the sniping I've seen here, so just a bit taken aback by the response at my first post.

I am curious about how the buildings actually connect. I have a degree in architecture and urban planning, and wonder if the close proximity of the theater buildings themselves promotes connection between the casts and crews. I know it's not always one big happy family, and it's something I hadn't thought about before my experience in front of the Sc

It's Only a Play Stage Door ... back door?  Nov 10 2014, 05:20:01 PM
Wow, FishermanBob, you are so witty and hilarious. I HAVE seen the show. Now, you do the proper thing and reprimand me, saying something such as "they don't owe you any more than that."

Really, what is it with this message board? I know several people have left here because of the sniping. I can see why.

SAVE THE EDISON CAFE!!!!!  Nov 10 2014, 04:06:01 PM
Well said, PalJoey. Slowly but surely, our country is becoming one giant shopping mall filled with chain restaurants and big box stores. It's sad enough this happens in the suburbs, but when it is happening in NYC, it's horrendous.
SAVE THE EDISON CAFE!!!!!  Nov 10 2014, 03:33:23 PM
So sad. I've been doing to the Cafe since it opened - a respite from the insanity of the theater district, especially after a drive into the city, particularly in the winter months. Please sign the petition and help reverse another loss of old NYC...
It's Only a Play Stage Door ... back door?  Nov 10 2014, 02:56:00 PM
Thank you, FrogsFan - very helpful and interesting to learn.

Haterobics: "Why do you want to harass actors who don't want to engage with the audience in this way?" I don't. As I said in my original post, I'm just curious to learn how theaters which are adjacent to each other interconnect, if at all. Bravo to performers who don't want to engage and find a way to beat the system!! I would be one of them, if I was an actor.

Emma Stone as Sally Bolwes in Cabaret Review Thread  Nov 10 2014, 02:41:58 PM
Not tomorrow, but 11/21 with floor/table seats! I've never seen this show live before, and have always wanted to see Alan Cumming. When Emma signed on, it was a decision without question. Looking forward to everyone's opinions.
It's Only a Play Stage Door ... back door?  Nov 10 2014, 11:57:26 AM
I've been trying to get catch a glimpse of the cast as the exit after the show, with very little success. One stagehand said that the cast "exited out the back" -- does anyone know where that is at the Schoenfeld? I'm just curious as to how adjacent theaters may or may not "interconnect" and share hallways, exit doors, etc. Thanks.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You