News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for KanderEbb

KanderEbb Profile Photo
Member Name: KanderEbb
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread  Nov 23 2017, 12:20:24 AM

Patti LuPone FANatic said: "Hey Kander, I'll be in the front row for both shows on Sunday."

Sorry Patti! I just saw your reply. It was a shame to miss you. 

Leigh Zimmerman has such a Golden Age movie star quality. It was surreal to see how her features caught the limelight. Her Velma was more fierce than I had imagined, but it worked well comparing Ms d'Amboise's goofy, charming and sly characterization, especially in the number &qu

Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread  Nov 14 2017, 11:48:56 PM

Charlotte d'Amboise and Leigh Zimmerman together? That's too good to be true.

Will try to catch it on this coming Sunday, and if I can't, hopefully the new Billy Flynn will be a good one.

Chicago Revival 20 Years: Favorite Replacements  Nov 22 2016, 07:46:06 PM

I absolutely adore Charlotte d'Amboise as Roxie! I was astonished how much energy and thoughts she had invested in this show when I first saw her in this role. In my opinion, she's the best Roxie I've ever seen. Another two great Roxies are Bianca Marroquin and Marilu Henner.

I agree that Ute Lemper, who originated Velma in West End, was beyond brilliant. It's hard to cast someone at the same level of Chita Rivera, or the same level of Bebe Neuwirth or Ute Lem

Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread  Nov 14 2016, 10:14:13 PM

Happy 20th birthday, Chicago the Musical! It holds, and will always hold, a special place in my little heart.

Too bad it didn't celebrate its 20th birthday the way it had celebrated its 10th and 15th birthday, which was asking former cast members back and doing a show together. But I'm excited all the same and wish it a lot of successful years ahead on Broadway and around the world!

Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread  Aug 21 2016, 07:04:41 PM

JBradshaw said: "FYI Donna is on medical leave. Amra is doing "Follies" which ends in October. She's Solange. 

I've seen Jeff as Mary countless times. He's great in the role. 
"

Poor Donna! Wish her a very speedy recovery!
Best wishes to Ms Wright regarding her new role as well.

Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread  Aug 18 2016, 09:40:18 PM

I've seen Chicago for over a dozen of time. I only saw Jeff Loeffelholz once. He was not as brilliant, hilarious and impressive and Ryan Lowe was, but he was quite reliable. You could easily tell he was a guy though.

Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread  Jul 30 2016, 09:30:10 PM

petewk87 said: "Thank you! 'very' partial view doesn't sound too promising. Would it be better to go for $50 rear mezz seats? I assume they don't sell standing room tickets these days..."

I do think rear mezzanine has better view than rush ticket seats, but for Chicago, the closer the better. 

Standing room tickets have the best value, in my opinion. Sometimes box office sells them despite that the show isn't sold ou

Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread  Jul 30 2016, 04:41:40 PM

petewk87 said: "I would like to finally see Chicago on Broadway sometime in the next couple months. Where are the rush seats located? How are Tom Hewitt and Jason Danieley? Thanks!

"

Rush seats are located on the extreme sides of the orchestra and front mezzanine. They are very partial view. I have yet to see Tom Hewitt as Billy Flynn, but Jason Danieley was awesome! I highly recommend you to see him.

Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread  Jun 8 2016, 08:32:42 AM

I was there yesterday. Ms Bridgewater was fine as Mama Morton. She didn't have as much charisma as Donna Marie Asbury in this role, but her acting choices were thoughtful.

Donna Marie Asbury is a wonderful and funny Velma, and Charlotte d'Amboise is my favorite Roxie so far. However, they together didn't blend well, in my opinion. We can tell from Ms Asbury's body, especially upper body (arms and back) that she had little or no ballet training background,

Songs about Regret/Sacrifce  May 30 2016, 10:47:55 PM

"Around the World" and "Another Winter in a Summer Town" in Grey Garden.

Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread  May 1 2016, 11:59:59 PM

Patti LuPone FANatic said: "Charlotte D'Amboise makes a grand return from June 6 -- July 10, 2016.  

"

Yeah!!! I've seen about twenty Roxies? Charlotte d'Amboise's Roxie is my favorite! My other favorite is Bianca Marroquin's. Thank you so much, Patti, for sharing such thrilling news!

Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread  Feb 20 2016, 05:27:55 PM

Congratulations to Chicago for its 8000th performance! What a long run, and it deserves its glory.

And thank you, Patti, for being such a loyal fan and keep feeding us everything you know about this production. The world would be a much better place if people had shared your passion for art, love and beauty!

2 Tix-A View From The Bridge: Stage Seats 11/3  Oct 26 2015, 12:38:36 PM

Duplicated message.

2 Tix-A View From The Bridge: Stage Seats 11/3  Oct 26 2015, 12:38:31 PM

I'd like to take them. Could you check your PM? Thanks!

Into The Woods Concert Ticket Exchange!  Jun 15 2015, 07:42:51 PM

Just PMed you. 

Little Shop Ticket Exchange  Jun 15 2015, 04:35:53 PM

Just PMed you. Could you please check it? Thanks!

Christine Baranski and Ruthie Hensall to Star in Follies Concert This Spring  Jan 16 2015, 10:49:12 PM
Actually Ruthie Henshall could be a fabulous Phyllis as well as Sally. Christine... I adore her a lot, and I'm fully aware she's a huge Sondheim fan, but seriously, I cannot imagine she does any part in this show.
Long-running shows you've never seen on Broadway  Dec 4 2014, 06:11:47 PM
Jersey Boys and Rock of Ages because of no desire. The Lion King because I saw the international tour and I thought it was for kids only. Book of Mormon because of my tight budget.
Saw Phantom only because of Sierra Boggess and Norm Lewis. Saw Mamma Mia!, but I want my 3 hours back (commutation included)! Saw Wicked once, but felt like back in kindergarten: kids sitting around were talking, laughing, eating candies loudly and, maybe a bit too engaging.

Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread  Nov 24 2014, 10:41:42 PM
Personally I think Fitzgerald, no doubt a great actor, is more suitable as Amos than as Billy Flynn, especially comparing to James Naughton. For me, Fitzgerald was trying too hard at the "Razzle Dazzle", but overall gave a delightful performance. Amra, on the contrary, is a solid dancer and a smart actor. I sat in the 2nd row, so I saw lots of creative details of her interpretation. Totally loved her Velma last night, and last night only so far.
Yes. Bianca Marroquin changed her acting often

Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread  Nov 24 2014, 09:17:39 PM
God that's good! I was there last night. When Annie and Bebe appeared on this stage, people were crying hard. Both Annie and Bebe were obviously moved. Annie even patted Bebe. It was sweet. And when they sang "Nowadays", I could see the whole cast was at the wing, taking videos.
Besides, I'd love to defend Amra-Faye Wright. I know most people here don't appreciate her performance, which is perfectly understandable. She was constantly absent-minded on stage. However, she was on fire last nig

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You