News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for SongandDance2

SongandDance2 Profile Photo
Member Name: SongandDance2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

NEW YORK, NEW YORK On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
 Apr 26 2023, 09:41:19 PM

Seems like it's rare for many news organizations to even wait until the show is over. I remember in early days of the internet when a lot of reviews would post at midnight eastern time. These days I've sometimes seen reviews posted shortly after the opening night performance has started.

NEW YORK, NEW YORK On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
 Apr 26 2023, 09:23:43 PM

I’m impressed that no reviews have come out yet where usually there are several by this time. Could it be an embargo issued by the producers to respect the artists on their opening night and wait until later in the eve?

17 Again: The Musical
 Oct 22 2020, 06:18:21 PM

Zachary and Weiner are credited on the Japanese site. Broadway Records also just released a recording of their Secondhand Lions score.

Record number of New Musicals 2016-17?
 Oct 20 2016, 06:53:53 PM

Guess Bandstand isn't such a dead horse after all. So 11 new musicals with original scores and Holiday Inn? Is that the 12 the NYT is referring to?

Record number of New Musicals 2016-17?
 Oct 20 2016, 12:12:30 AM

Heard that Bandstand is coming in.

The Hamiltonys
 Jun 11 2016, 06:32:07 PM

PianoMann, you may be right on scenic design since it's not as flashy as She Loves Me. Choreography, though, I think Hamilton is brilliant and unconventional. I'm calling choreo for Hamilton.

The Hamiltonys
 Jun 11 2016, 06:09:02 PM

To me, the only award that Hamilton is nominated for which seems up for grabs and will likely be a non-Hamilton win is Best Actress in a Musical. Everything else seems wrapped up. Is that the conventional thinking out there? Also, are people leaning more toward Leslie Odom, Jr. for Best Actor in a Musical or do people think Tony nominators see Lin-Manuel's name and just check the box? 

re: Failed Movie to Musicals
 May 19 2014, 12:21:01 AM
I think Legally Blonde actually lost money in the UK. Supposedly it started out strong, got some awards, but then dropped off and didn't recoup.
Breaking News: Final 2014 Tony Awards Eligibility from LADY DAY to CABARET!
 Apr 26 2014, 12:00:52 AM
I'm not sure anyone is looking that close in the case of Aladdin. The committee probably took it on faith based on how ever much 'new' material Disney is claiming is in the show. Otherwise they'd rule that there are only 4 new songs (plus a few reprises) that would be considered written for the stage. Between the movie songs and 'cut' movie songs included in the show, there are 8 old songs and 2 or 3 reprises. Can't imagine how that would qualify. Since the 50% rule was made, I've gotta believe
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You