News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for stage_star

Member Name: stage_star
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway names voicing Animated features  Mar 9 2017, 01:13:03 AM

Two-times Tony winner Donna Murphy in Tangled

Tony winner Anika Noni Rose in The Princess and the Frog

Two times Tony nominee Eartha Kitt in The Emperor's New Groove

My dream cast for Wicked movie  Feb 9 2017, 01:52:24 AM

Some of these may seem old for the first act, but the characters really need a mature look for the second act. Also there's makeup and visual effects, just look at what the did to Streep in ITW.

Fiyero - Chris Pine. If his "Dancing Through Life" is half as good as his "Agony", I'm sold. Also I think Fiyero should look older (like someone who's been in college partying for a few years.

The Wizard - John Lithgow. A veteran actor, Tony winner, Emmy winner, Oscar nominee who can handle comedy and drama.

Madame Morrible - Glenn Close. MAKE. THIS. HAPPEN.

Boq - Daniel Radcliffe. That's just perfect casting. He can play dorky and already kinda looks like a Munchkin

Nessarose - Phillipa Soo. Just thinking about her singing "Wicked Witch of the East" sends shivers down my spine.

Doctor Dillamond - John C. Reilly. He could be hilarious and heartbreaking at the same time.

Elphaba's parents and the Midwife in the initial flashback - Idina Menzel, Norbert Leo Butz and Kristin Chenoweth. C'mon, this one is was easy, very much doable and I'm sure they'd be up for it.

G(a)linda - Kristen Bell. Her Frozen live performances convinced me, she has the comedic chops for sure and even though she's 36, she doesn't look a day past 30.

Elphaba - Cynthia Erivo. She's making her way into Hollywood, she'll be in Steve McQueen's (12 Years a Slave) next feature, opposite Viola Davis and is starring in a new Harriet Tubman biopic. She's the perfect age and having a black performer, even if covered in green makeup, takes the message to a whole new level. Also, this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8FeOX2IcO4

A cast like this, with true talent, a mix between relatively well known Broadway performers like Erivo and Soo, Hollywod veterans like Riley, Close and Lithgow. Bell, who's an established TV actress and Pine and Radcliffe, well known to general public with their franchises, is the best option. And everyone on this list is a realistic option with proved singing abilities.

CATS Reviews  Aug 4 2016, 02:20:02 PM

I just saw the Cats's cast performing on GMA.

I never really liked Cats, except for "Memory", a great song, undeaniably. And I really like Leona, the singer. But that casting was all kinds of wrong. Sure, she can belt, but everything else was just WTF? From the facial expressions, to the weird movements, the dramatic clearly marked fall to the floor... Nope!

And the fact that they audition true Broadway actresses (Alice Ripley talked about auditioning) and end

Best 11 o'clock number?  Aug 1 2016, 12:55:46 PM

Whispering, Spring Awakening

I'm Here, The Color Purple

No Good Deed, Wicked

Gimme Gimme, Thoroughly Modern Millie

Memory, Cats

Not While I'm Around, Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

Babette, On The Twentieth Century

What I Did For Love, A Chorus Line

Belive in Yourself (Reprise), The Wiz

Losing My Mind, Follies

Rose's Turn, Gypsy

A Boy Like That/I Have a Love, West Side Story

Without

Lady Day HBO  Mar 13 2016, 05:47:14 PM

Not sure I should be asking this year, but does anyone know how/where I can watch this?

Actors/Actresses we would like to see return to broadway  Aug 5 2015, 02:22:19 PM

"So I'd really like to see Aaron Tveit, Hugh Jackman, and Norm Lewis come back again."

"Martha Plimpton" 

Plimpton IS currently on Broadway (A Delicate Balance)

Lewis ended is run on Broadway just six months ago (Phantom)

The same with Jackman (The River)

My Cast for Frozen on B'way  Jul 27 2015, 07:21:12 PM

^^

Morgan James actually seems like a great choice for Elsa :P

My Cast for Frozen on B'way  Jul 27 2015, 05:34:23 PM

Except for Idina, who clearly won't be cast in this, I can actually see the producers going after the original movie cast. And they're actually perfect for the roles, with the perfect mix of Broadway credits and name recognition (not that they need it, this will be huge either way)

Anna - Kristen Bell (Hair, A Little Night Music)
Kristoff - Jonathan Groff (Fame, Spring Awakening*, Hair, Hamilton) 
Olaf - Josh Gad (The Book of Mormon*)
Hans - Santino Fontana

Patti LuPone's Top Five Rules of Theatre Etiquette  Jul 27 2015, 05:18:01 PM

I strongly agree with number 4. I hate it when you can sense the audience didn't really like the play but then they all stand up because A) it's a well-known cast or B) the cast just won't leave the stage. And then I end up being the only sitting down

Audra sings Evita  Jun 30 2015, 10:53:06 AM

HQ video.

Now I want to hear her "Don't Cry For Me Argentina"!

Idina to Star In TV Show Produce By Ellen  Jan 30 2015, 02:53:54 PM
I gotta give it to Idina's manager! Her team is really making the most out of the Frozen/Let it Go buzz.

Her Broadway show was a hit, and the only reason it's closing it's because no one else can carry it like Idina, box-office wise.
Her concert at RCMH was a success, she's performing everywhere (Oscars, X-Factor, talk-shows...)
She's about to start her world tour
And now this...

When was the last time we had a true Broadway star like this?

Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread  Jan 4 2015, 10:37:19 PM
Oh and I wish some of the original cast could've played some roles here, like:

Kim Crosby (Cinderella) - a perfect Cinderella's Mother
Chip Zien (Baker) - he could've easily played the Baker's Father in that short scene
Joanna Gleason (Baker's Wife) - just think what a perfect Giantess she'd make!
Merle Louise (Cinderella's Mother, Granny and Giantess) - she could reprise the role of Granny, as it is a lot shorter
Bernadette Peters (Witch) - I loved, loved, loooooved Chr

Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread  Jan 4 2015, 10:36:50 PM
This would pretty much be a perfect movie and a perfect adaptation of the original show if it were 15 minutes longer. Ever After sung during the wedding scene and then fade almost to black and start "Act Two Prologue" ("Once upon a time, later..."). That includes the amazing exchange between The Witch and The Bakers ("A giant's just like us, only bigger: Much much bigger. Sooo big" - I'd kill to hear Meryl say that and it would give her even something more to do as the post-transformation Witch.
Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread  Dec 22 2014, 08:46:49 PM
After seeing that featurette, I'm just going to quote the first answer to the very first topic in this thread, more than two years ago:

"STREEP DOES NOT HAVE THE VOICE FOR THIS ROLE!"

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

(sorry Jordan Catalano :p )

Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread  Dec 10 2014, 11:33:01 AM
Another interview, another clip. This time, 'Moments in the Woods'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyxhGvJtf3U

Adam Lambert in Wicked  Dec 1 2014, 08:26:08 PM
"I'd see Wicked again if he played Elphaba or Galinda"

I know what to hear him sing Defying Gravity! :O

Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread  Nov 24 2014, 09:34:10 PM
I didn't see any footage of Tracy Ullman dying...

^^ It's a very quick shot, at around :53/:54

Wouldn't Lapine be nominated alone for the screenplay? Is Sondheim really eligible?

Sondheim wrote some new lyrics, so maybe that's why they're sharing credit?

Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread  Nov 24 2014, 08:34:43 PM
https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Brand-New-INTO-THE-WOODS-Special-Look-Promo-Video-20141124

Some new footage Tracey Ullman dying.

But what's up with Blunt's clearly auto-tuned voice? O.o

Broadway tattoo  Nov 23 2014, 05:19:52 PM
All of my tattoos are art related:

- Millenium Approaches on my right foot (Angels in America)

- Perestroika on my left foot (Angels in America)

- Hello stranger. on my nape (Closer)

- tanzt
tanzt on my right wrist (an hommage to Pina Bausch)

- a pair of tiny tiny silver slippers on my right ankle (The Wizard of Oz)

- a tiny teacup with a clock on my left ankle (Alice in Wonderland)

- Si un jour la vie t'arrache

Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread  Nov 11 2014, 11:13:33 PM
well, I downloaded it (sue me!). If someone wants to hear it, PM me.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You