News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for rickydrummer

Member Name: rickydrummer
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.wickedonbroadway.net

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: SWEENEY TODD Teaser In Front of PIRATES 3?
 May 22 2007, 11:37:26 PM
H-A-L-T-E-D.
re: Christine Ebersole on THE EARLY SHOW
 Apr 22 2007, 01:31:51 PM
bwaygirl1, I think it's funny that you feel the need to defend Christine by stating that she doesn't go around talking like her characters, as if, if she DID go around saying "goddamn" in her everyday encounters, that would peg her as a bad person.

I'm guessing that's not what you meant.

re: Deuce to Close in Previews?
 Apr 17 2007, 02:19:30 PM
Ugh. What a rotten time not to be a TDF member.
re: Spring NYC Trip................4/10-4/11
 Apr 17 2007, 02:14:50 PM
And "Show People" sounds like a dozen other songs about show business, including "There's No Business Like..." And, considering there's another song in the show called "It's a Business," I'd venture it's not unfair to say that "Curtains" isn't the most original original musical out there.
re: If you could only see one part of Coast of Utopia, which would it be?
 Apr 17 2007, 02:12:04 PM
Part Two. The only one that really kept me enthralled. And Jennifer Ehle was spectacular. I think it was because of the diversion of the family drama/love interest aspect that "Shipwreck" interested me more.
re: Deuce to Close in Previews?
 Apr 17 2007, 02:08:27 PM
I need to see this before it closes. Does anyone know if they've been selling standing room tickets? Or have any details?
re: Journey's End Today
 Apr 15 2007, 06:42:57 PM
I absolutely agree with all of the positive sentiments regarding "Journey's End." I went last night after hearing only raves from friends and a few theatre professionals. While I consider myself a sophisticated theatregoer, I found myself succumbing to the same sorts of celebrity obssession that a lot of theatregoers nowadays seem to indulge in over the past few weeks, and "Journey's End" was an absolute surprise winner!

It's nothing big or splashy, just sparse (but effective) sets a

"The Year of Magical Thinking" Seating
 Apr 1 2007, 01:42:00 PM
Does anyone think that Row A, seat 3 in the left orchestra is somehow going to be obstructed? I used the BroadwayOffers.com code to buy the ticket, and now when I look at the seating chart, I see some weird chunk of missing seats in the front of the center orchestra. Does anyone have any answers? Thanks in advance.
Philly "Caroline" Discount
 Mar 20 2007, 04:21:21 PM
A friend of mine said there was a New York Times discount code for half price tickets for the Philadelphia production of "Caroline, or Change" at the Arden Theatre. Anyone have any additional information? Or the code? Private messages are preferred for the code, as my email has changed. Thanks!
The Vertical Hour Rush?
 Feb 27 2007, 12:59:29 PM
I did a search but couldn't find any information to answer my question.

I know that it's officially listed that "The Vertical Hour" only has standing room, but has there been any student rush considering the drop in attendance lately? Someone in a class of mine seemed to suggest that a student rush had been going on. Does anyone have any info? Also how early one would have to get there if there is one?

re: How many times have you seen some of your favorites?
 Dec 12 2006, 07:42:42 PM
Well, overall I agree with Dollypop. If you get so obsessed with one show that you totally neglect all others just to see it repeated times up into the double digits, you're missing out on so many other great shows. I've seen a number of shows multiple times, though, so I understand the urge to go back. Currently, "Spring Awakening" has me pretty addicted, but the CD is helping to appease some of my compulsion to go back over and over again.

As for repeat visits:
Rent: 7 times since

re: The Homestretch for SPRING AWAKENING
 Dec 8 2006, 01:33:20 AM
Great. I'm going to try to pick up a copy around curtain time some time over the weekend.

I think during the beating scene it's not really inappropriate to have totally rapt attention or a light bit of laughter either way. It's all going to depend on the audience. And, in a way, at least until Melchior goes off the deep end at the end of the scene, it is sort of awkwardly amusing.

I can't WAIT to go again. I'm experiencing Spring Awakening fever or something.

Dec 7 2006, 11:44:54 PM
Thanks for the heads up about the CD! Is "There Once Was a Pirate" definitely on it?
 Dec 7 2006, 08:35:48 PM
How are people getting their hands on the CDs? Are you guys members of the press? Are they selling them at the theatre? Please let me know!!
"The Vertical Hour" Songs
 Dec 7 2006, 07:45:45 AM
Hi. I saw "The Vertical Hour" last night. Posting my thoughts would take up far too much space, but I really enjoyed the music used to underscore the show.

I recognized "Just Like a Woman" by Bob Dylan and "Both Sides Now" by Joni Mitchell. Does anyone else know the other songs? I'm curious.

re: Depressing Show Tunes
 Dec 6 2006, 12:42:49 AM
"The Dark I Know Well" in "Spring Awakening." Nothing like a healthy dose of child sexual abuse.

"There's a part I can't tell
About the dark I know well"

Also the opening strains of "Finishing the Hat" right before "Yes, she looks for me -- good." "Sunday" breaks my heart.

And "It Don't Make Sense" from "Parade."

Dec 5 2006, 09:10:50 AM
She IS recording an album according to her MySpace page.

Don't have the link off-hand, but it's probably pretty easy to find.

Dec 4 2006, 07:13:38 PM
Well, I'm really glad I saw it once with them in modern clothes at the finale.

I'm really not sure how I feel about it either way. It's been wracking my brain for the few days. Does anyone have an opinion on what that would add or detract from the piece?

It says something about how well the show relates to people of today to have them in modern dress, and it almost makes the show seem like there are two shows -- the 1891 story and the modern rock expressionist story. And that

re: Spring Awakening return trip - quick thoughts
 Dec 4 2006, 07:07:58 PM
As is sometimes the case, does anyone know if the CD will go on sale at the theatre before the in-store release date?
 Dec 3 2006, 01:06:05 PM
About the costume change:

I saw panel discussion about the show at NYU with a lot of the creative team (Michael Mayer, Steven Sater, Susan Hilferty, Christine Jones, the fight director) and some cast members. During the talk, Susan (costume designer) mentioned there would be an interesting costume change implemented the following night, Wednesday.

I decided on a whim to go on Wednesday to try to spot the change, so that was the last time I went.

It's relatively minor

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You