News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for RJSChess

Member Name: RJSChess
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

CHESS at the Kennedy Center
 Feb 16 2018, 09:32:16 AM

Thanks so much guys for the info about this. I'm super interested to hear about the new book. The cast sound amazing and I so wish I could have been there! 

Chess Washington
 Jan 21 2018, 02:14:54 PM

That's a very good question. It might be good to go blind and see how you get on with the 'story' this version tells - i.e. only know exactly what they tell/show you on stage. The history of Chess plots is so complicated, it can become very confusing. Afterwards you could go back and look at the past versions etc and see how they compare. 

Chess Washington
 Jan 21 2018, 01:51:27 PM

Hey all, 

Just wondering if anybody is going to get the chance to see Chess in Washington? Would love to go, but won't be possible, be great though to hear from anybody who is.

RJSChess

Chess the Musical
 Oct 1 2014, 07:44:40 PM
Thanks all for your thoughts, it's great to hear what people think. I have to agree the score is brilliant, but the plot and usually the productions let it down. Looking forward to the deluxe CD as hopefully it will sound better than ever on there.

I always think of Chess as being a bit like that other brilliant score beginning with C - Candide. Totally love Candide, but it seems most people don't really like the book very much. My dream is to win the loto and spend it all on finding a

Chess the Musical
 Sep 30 2014, 03:39:23 PM
Just wondering if there are any Chess fans on here who have seen the show in America? Would love to hear about US productions of the show and any thoughts you have about them or any other productions.

With the new deluxe edition of the original Chess concept album due to be released later this year (to mark the 30th anniversary of the original release) it seems like a good time to discuss and celebrate this great score. With three bonus tracks (Instrumental Anthem, Der Kleine Franz and

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You