News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for GreatBroadwayFan

GreatBroadwayFan Profile Photo
Member Name: GreatBroadwayFan
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Dec 11 2023, 06:33:25 PM

I have two questions and I wonder if anyone has the answers:

1. Do we know when filming will start back up again in the UK? The film was only 10 days away from completing principal photography so I am curious if anyone has heard when they will continue.

2. Jon M Chu confirmed that during the strike/when production on Wicked was temporarily paused, he continued working on editing the film so that it will still be released on-time without any further delays. So I am wondering when

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Apr 27 2023, 01:35:35 AM

Soooo apparently during Universal's presentation at CinemaCon, there was footage from the Wicked films shown to those in attendance! According to those who were there, they showed:

• A scene with Cynthia Eric & Michelle Yeoh where Madame Morrible is teaching Elphaba how to hone her powers.
  • Moments between Cynthia and Ariana-  "pink goes good with green" and "we can't all come and go by bubble"
  • And Defying Gravity-  both Cynthi
Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Aug 10 2022, 02:42:46 PM

In addition to Hannah Waddingham and Andre De Shields, I have also heard a rumor (again RUMOR) that Jelani Alladin is being considered/in-talks to play Fiyero. If this is true, I support this casting 100%! Jelani is so talented and he would be an amazing love interest for Cynthia's Elphaba and Ariana's Glinda.

Disney's THE LITTLE MERMAID live-action movie musical - News & Discussion Thread  Jul 14 2022, 02:31:39 PM

So a few days ago, Disney held early test screenings for "The Little Mermaid" (which doesn't come out until May 26, 2023) and while the VFX were still in progress, the general reaction was overwhelmingly positive. Halle Bailey's vocals are fairly similar to Jodi Benson's (the original Ariel), Halle and Jonah Hauer-King have great chemistry together and the sea creatures (Sebastian, Flounder, etc.) do not look hyper-realistic like The Lion King (2019) but little more cart

Favorite Stephen Sondheim Musical...  Dec 10 2019, 11:49:46 PM

Hey everyone! Just wanting to take a random poll; what is your favorite Stephen Sondheim musical and why?

Of his MAJOR works (in chronological order):

West Side Story (1957) w/ music by Leonard Bernstein

Gypsy (1959) w/ music by Jule Styne

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum (1962)

Anyone Can Whistle (1964)

Do I Hear a Waltz? (1965) w/ music by Richard Rodgers

Company (1970)

Follies (1971)

A Little Night M

Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!  Oct 22 2019, 06:14:19 PM

So excited for this revival but I've got a serious question:

Do we think that this revival will get professionally filmed and released on BroadwayHD, Fathom Events, DVD/Blu-Ray, etc? Considering that almost every single Sondheim musical does get ProShot (Sweeney Todd, Sunday in the Park with George, Into The Woods, Passion and of course Company) will they continue the tradition because I would love to be able to own the version for home viewing lol. But seriously, what do we all th

Best understudy you've ever seen?  May 9 2019, 03:19:05 PM

Desi Oakley in Evita (but she was the alternate for Caroline Bowman and not technically the understudy) and she was so energetic and full of life! I've been following her career ever since that national tour of "Evita" and I'm so happy to see everything she has done.

Emmy Raver-Lampman as Elphaba in Wicked on the National Tour. She was BREATHTAKING and I think it is a crime that she has never been promoted to lead Elphaba on Broadway! But I'm super happy

Beauty and the Beast Revival Coming To Broadway  Apr 29 2019, 10:18:36 PM

I am so excited! Beauty and the Beast is literally my favorite animated Disney movie and ever since it closed on Broadway, I have been waiting for a revival! I have already dreamcasted the show and some members for the creative team as well...

Belle: Laura Osnes (it's her dream role and she ageless tbh), Hailey Kilgore OR Kara Lindsay

Beast: Jeremy Jordan, Josh Groban OR Aaron Tviet 

Gaston: Ben Thompson

LeFou: Andrew Keenan-Bolger
<

Company London  Jan 30 2019, 02:04:30 PM

Just two more days (February 1st)  until the cast recording is available for digital download (both in the US and the UK)!!! No word yet on if they will release a physical CD for purchase!

Now that we've got our cast recording, let's get that Broadway transfer! 

Company London  Dec 5 2018, 03:27:10 PM

Is there any word yet on when the cast recording is being released? One source said early 2019 but I'm just curious if there is anything more concrete.

Company London  Nov 1 2018, 04:05:33 PM

They have already teased a cast recording on their Twitter and Instagram accounts BUT if we get a filmed version in addition to a cast recording, I will be the happiest theatre kid in the world!

Company London  Oct 2 2018, 02:48:32 PM

Seeing that almost every major revival/production of "Company" has been professionally filmed (Sam Mendes' 1995 London revival, John Doyle's 2006 Broadway revival and the 2011 NYPH concert), do you think this revival will get filmed as well??

Also how likely are we get to get a cast recording of this show?

Video Camera used in Broadway.com VLOGS  Nov 21 2017, 03:47:46 PM

I want to know too! I've always wondered... Can someone tell us?

A Broadway History Question...  Jul 5 2017, 02:09:30 AM

This is going to sound like an odd question but does anyone know what time of day Broadway shows used to perform back in the 1930s and 40s (both matinees and evening performances)? I have been trying to research this and cannot find anything. I am asking for a very important project. 

Looking for a good broadway instagram  May 30 2017, 02:52:05 PM

@greatbroadwayfan

...Self promo...

Beauty and the Beast  Feb 21 2017, 12:17:06 AM

rattleNwoolypenguin said: "Emma is so auto tuned into oblivion it's really too bad.

She probably wasn't even that bad but it's such a typical thing for Disney to have this "princess perfect pitch" representation of Belle. Like bad Glee auto tune.

You can criticize Russell Crowe in Les Mis all you want but at least you could tell it was him. This is distracting. 

I'm predicting this to be one of those charming and certain

Beauty and the Beast  Feb 21 2017, 12:14:23 AM

Tag said: "^Does it really matter if he can sing, if he has the most unrelatable, completely missed the mark, CGI face?  Not to mention your Belle can't sing the score, why should the Beast?

"I think you are being very rude! Emma Watson is no Paige O'Hara or Susan Egan but she does have  very pretty voice. And I think she is perfect for the role and I cannot wait to see her. As for The Beast, the look is a combination of make-up and CG

Beauty and the Beast  Feb 15 2017, 05:18:15 PM

Here's a Featurette with some interviews with the cast, new footage and behind the scenes shenanigans!

https://youtu.be/2tumOP_UEFY?list=FLS4WQyPBgatuUMF-7rlbkLw

2017 NBC Live Musical is  Feb 7 2017, 12:03:48 PM

Here's my DREAMCAST ideas for Bye Bye Birdie Live!

https://youtu.be/yiz5fiFYq-k

Beauty and the Beast  Jan 31 2017, 01:51:15 AM

I could not be more excited for this movie. The original meant so much to me as a child growing up and now all these years later I get to see it in a live action format on the big screen. And to all the haters on this thread saying that Emma Watson is a terrible actress and singer, SHUT THE F**K UP PLEASE!!! Give her a chance!!! This trailer is beautiful, this movie is beautiful and it is going to be incredible!

https://youtu.be/NtYXzAsN0vk

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You