News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ntrackbar

ntrackbar Profile Photo
Member Name: ntrackbar
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

A CHRISTMAS CAROL - Preview Thread  Nov 16 2019, 11:38:14 AM

I saw this on Wednesday and can't stop thinking about it. Like so many of said, I was skeptical going in, but with the cast and pictures I have seen on Instagram, I decided to get a discount ticket.  What a pure delight. Got me right in the Christmas spirit and I am still thinking about it all today. I told my family to book tickets ASAP.

Even if you aren't a fan of the story, go for the pure artistry. WOW.

Lyceum Balcony for A Christmas Carol  Nov 5 2019, 04:27:30 PM

trpguyy said: "MollyB3 said: "GreasedLightning said: "This show is baffling to me. Previews start on Thurs, nearly the entire theater is available and there are no discounts, no TDF, etc. I’d like to see it but not being able to get inside for under $100 unless you’re in the deathly balcony, no go for me."

I know that feeling. i keep hoping for a discount code!
"

There are $40 rush tickets. If it’s not selli

BANDSTAND! - Fathom Events June 25th-28th  Oct 10 2018, 04:50:07 PM

It is official - the film is coming back November 15th and 19th! 

Zaks & ROTTEN! team to work on DOUBTFIRE musical  Aug 28 2018, 02:27:20 PM

bfreak said: "While I may be proven wrong, at this point I do not like this concept. The creatives are good, but the source material relied so much on that one iconic performance, that I feel anyone may feel underwhelming as the lead and the show could be stale. Tootsie I'm fine with, not in love with this project. Wishing for more truly original musicals to come to Broadway."

THAT is my big hesitation.

Zaks & ROTTEN! team to work on DOUBTFIRE musical  Aug 28 2018, 12:58:26 PM

I agree - I don't hate the team. I guess I was one of the few that truly loved Something Rotten. 

Laura Osnes Frozen  Aug 23 2018, 11:13:11 AM

I completely agree. It breaks my heart that the show couldn't last a little longer. It was not given a fair shake, IMHO. And Laura's performance was so surprising. I miss that show - so glad they made it into a Fathom event though.  

Will THE PROM be any good?  Aug 21 2018, 02:21:55 PM

The show I am most looking forward to this season - Christopher Sieber and Beth Leavel can sing the Apple iTunes Terms of Service Agreement to me and it would be hilarious. 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/19/18  Aug 21 2018, 11:00:48 AM

GiantsInTheSky2 said: "I can confirm that many of my friends and some coworkers only know/care of The Band’s Visit because of Tony Shalhoub. They are not theater people but really wanted to see him in it."

Same with my friends/family. It surprised me, but anecdotally, I can confirm the same experience. 

GETTIN' THE BAND BACK TOGETHER Reviews  Aug 16 2018, 08:55:19 PM

Anyone else see this? Been up for 24 hours.

https://twitter.com/JesseKGreen/status/1029874807154909185

Kerry Butler in Burn This  Aug 15 2018, 03:21:41 PM

Really excited about this!

GETTIN' THE BAND BACK TOGETHER Reviews  Aug 14 2018, 05:51:39 PM

S394206H said: "Seems Ken Davenport has now taken over the BWW Twitter account- what on Earth is going on with this tweet? I don’t think I’ve ever seen something like this tweeted for another show.
https://twitter.com/broadwayworld/status/1029392886385848321?s=21
(Apologies if the link is static, I’m posting from my phone)
"

This is weird. I don't want to vote, but curious what the break down is....

GETTIN' THE BAND BACK TOGETHER Reviews  Aug 13 2018, 09:15:52 PM

BroadwayConcierge said: "The Observer is negative.

"A sweaty, janky garbage fire."

"Would I rather see an Aerosmith jukebox musical than this “original” rubbish? Hell yes."
"

You totally buried the lede - “BROADWAY NICKLEBACK”

GETTIN' THE BAND BACK TOGETHER Reviews  Aug 13 2018, 09:15:52 PM

Double post - excuse me

GETTIN' THE BAND BACK TOGETHER Previews  Aug 8 2018, 01:17:09 PM

Nailed it, somecheapfrenchthing. I had all the same thoughts. Except I paid...ugh.

Wait Until Dark 1998 Revival and Question  Aug 2 2018, 10:53:36 AM

I have very fond memories of this production, though I was not the savvy theatergoer I am now

And I do vividly recall the jump scare! 

GETTIN' THE BAND BACK TOGETHER Previews  Jul 31 2018, 10:22:30 PM

Yes but perhaps you might be in the same boat as many of us that have been marketed to incessantly. I received no less than 3 different emails from “Ken”/GTBBT today and apparently I am duplicate on one of those lists so even though I have already seen the show, I got 6 emails today and it is enough already. I don’t want to keep reliving it! ?? At this point, I am surprised he hasn’t pulled the “raves” from this thread to include in his pull quotes.

GETTIN' THE BAND BACK TOGETHER Previews  Jul 30 2018, 05:23:59 PM

Maybe I just have NYMF on the brain because 'tis the season...but this would have been the middle of the pack in any NYMF season.

Head Over Heels or Gettin The Band Back...  Jul 30 2018, 05:22:18 PM

HoH without a doubt - there is love, charm, old school musical theater comedy, true diversity, and fresh faces. Really pleasantly surprised with how well constructed it was overall too. 

GTBBT on the other hand was 2.5 hours I will never get back.

NY Times Journalist's  Jul 23 2018, 07:09:24 PM

There are 100 better ways to have done this. Not to mention, there were multiple people that read that and thought "yes. this is something that should go into the paper of record."

Unnecessary. 

Unprofessional. 

Unsubscribing. 

GETTIN' THE BAND BACK TOGETHER Previews  Jul 20 2018, 05:09:03 PM

Will someone write the Song of Gettin the Band Back Together? I really want to hear the inside scoop from the “Grundleshotz”....

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You