News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for mollyml052

Member Name: mollyml052
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton
 Jun 21 2016, 09:22:59 PM

Phantom4ever said: "The dress circle overhang is bad. It's very very bad.  There is no sugarcoating that.  If you're familiar with the overhang at the back of the RRT orchestra, well it's even worse.  You definitely won't be able to see people standing on the wood structure upstage.  And you won't be able to see extend downstage either.  

"

Thanks for the info, Phantom4ever. That's too bad. Might h

Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton
 Jun 21 2016, 09:08:52 PM

Yeah, I'm curious about the obstructed view seats. I bought 6 in dress circle row F for February. This makes it seem not so bad, but I'm wondering if anybody has firsthand knowledge of how obstructed the obstructed dress circle seats really are. I've only ever sat in the mezzanine and the balcony at this theatre.

(I'd strongly recommend against sitting in the balcony. It's wayyyy too far away.)

CBS footage of Hamilton original cast
 Jun 20 2016, 11:40:37 AM

That is the most extensive B-roll footage I've ever seen, then.

CBS footage of Hamilton original cast
 Jun 20 2016, 10:02:51 AM

Last night, I watched the extended cut of the Hamilton piece 60 Minutes aired on Tony Sunday. It's pretty clear to me that CBS recorded the show in its entirety with a fully intact original Broadway cast for their special. Has Lin or anybody said anything about this footage? In light of recent news that Leslie won't participate in the recordings and the fact that Groff and a few ensemble members have already left the show, I'm very curious what will become of CBS's pricel

Looking for 2pm Sunday matinee
 May 26 2016, 07:21:16 PM

Oh, man, looks like AP is out. https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Breaking-News-AMERICAN-PSYCHO-Sets-June-Closing-Date-20160526

So I guess it's between Beautiful, School of Rock, and Cats then.

May 26 2016, 02:38:29 PM

Fun Home doesn't play on Sundays. Are there other shorter shows? Most of the plays open now will be closed by August.

May 26 2016, 02:30:38 PM

I have a 7pm flight out of Newark on Sunday, August 7, which means I could fit a 2pm matinee in before departing for the airport, but a 3pm show would be too late. Unfortunately, most shows seem to have 3pm matinees on Sundays. My options are:

• Beautiful
  • School of Rock
  • American Psycho
  • Cats

Thoughts? I've never seen Cats, and it really does not appeal to me, but I feel like I should see it just because it's so iconic.

One night on Bway: Waitress or The Color Purple?
 May 24 2016, 11:06:35 PM

Damn, guys! Quite the consensus! I'll get my tickets to Waitress right away!

One night on Bway: Waitress or The Color Purple?
 May 24 2016, 10:40:00 AM

I am going to NYC in August, and I only have one night to see a show. I'm torn between Waitress and The Color Purple. I am a huge Sara Bareilles fan and have heard wonderful things about Jessie Mueller. I know nothing about The Color Purple other than that Cynthia Erivo's voice blows my mind and Heather Headley is my childhood idol.

Which one would you see? Or is there a third option that you think is even better?

Unpopular Opinions
 May 12 2016, 10:55:57 AM
Judging by my Twitter, it is unpopular to think people should dress up a little to go see a Broadway show.
Lullabies from musicals?
 May 9 2016, 08:06:55 PM
SharpLapel said: "I know this isn't what you're looking for, but my best friend's dad used to sing her "A Bushel and a Peck" at night. Yes, I know, it's a strip number in GUYS AND DOLLS, but in another context, it's actually quite sweet.

"

My mom used to sing that to me, too! It's a little too upbeat to be a lullaby, but it still holds a special place in my heart.

Lullabies from musicals?
 May 9 2016, 11:05:05 AM
When I was a baby, my mom often sang "Count Your Blessings" from White Christmas to me before bed. Are there any other good lullabies from musicals (or movie musicals)?

So far, the only ones I can think of are "Til There Was You" and "Goodnight, My Someone" from The Music Man.

If/Then Tour
 Mar 2 2016, 12:06:39 PM

I saw this last night in Chicago and quite enjoyed it. I'm a huge Next to Normal fan, and a couple of years ago when I was in NYC, most on this board advised me to see Hedwig over If/Then, saying If/Then paled in comparison to Next to Normal. I took that advice, and was thrilled to get a second chance to see If/Then. While it's not as good as the masterpiece that is Next to Normal, I quite enjoyed If/Then, particularly as Elizabeth finds her voice and abilities in the second

Dream Hedwigs
 Apr 23 2015, 02:42:08 PM

I think Sean Hayes would be fantastic.

Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
 Feb 9 2015, 11:03:16 AM
I flew in from Chicago for the weekend specifically to see JCM in this role. I had tickets for the 10pm show on Saturday night. Not sure if I'll be able to make it back during his run.
Hedwig, If/Then or Violet?
 Jun 23 2014, 10:17:37 AM
I just got back from NYC and went to Hedwig's matinee yesterday. I think it was the best show I have ever seen, and I am so, so glad that I went. Thanks for the input!
Hedwig, If/Then or Violet?
 May 19 2014, 10:42:16 PM
I'm coming to NYC next month, and I only have time to see one show while I'm there. I loooved Next to Normal, so If/Then seemed like the obvious choice. But then I'm a huge Sutton Foster fan and have never seen her live, and I've also heard such incredible things about NPH and Hedwig. If you could only see one show, would you choose If/Then, Hedwig, or Violet?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You