News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for sharonkurland

sharonkurland Profile Photo
Member Name: sharonkurland
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: King David Soundtrack
 Feb 11 2006, 12:18:42 PM
Thanks! I ber that'll stop it from going for $150 on eBay (grin).
re: How calm is the lee of Cuttyhunk? (A New Brain)
 Feb 7 2006, 07:29:07 PM
I saw Orlando Theatre Project's rendition of "A New Brain" in mid-2004. EXCELLENT show and it was my first introduction to Will Finn's talents. "Heart & Music" is my favorite.
re: Gone Backstage?
 Dec 14 2005, 06:56:14 PM
Been backstage twice, to the same theater (grin).

42nd Street (husband's boss's daughter was in the cast)
Chitty (know someone in the cast)

-Sharon-
Orlando FL

Avenue Q Swings on That's Kentertainment
 Oct 7 2005, 10:51:47 AM
I found out that clips from the first Avenue Q Swings were on That's Kentertainment last night. Unfortunately, I already had plans that couldn't be changed and missed the broadcast. Anyone know if it's rebroadcasted during the week? Or should I wait for the archives...which, right now, only go up to August?

-Sharon-
Orlando FL

re: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang cast recording (Broadway) Nov. 8, 2005!
 Oct 3 2005, 03:03:32 PM
Me too, broadwaystar2b. Since I know one of the performers in the cast, I emailed and asked him. And nope...no OBCR that he knows of. Dang.

-Sharon-
Orlando FL

re: Who was the best Belle?
 Sep 29 2005, 10:50:09 AM
Definitely Susan Egan. I saw 5 Belles (4 on Broadway, 1 traveling one - twice) and she WAS Belle.

-Sharon-
Orlando FL

re: Beauty and The Beast Australian Cast recording
 Sep 29 2005, 10:40:02 AM
Adam Chris-

Nope. I've got 7 "original cast" B&TB CDs (Broadway, London, Japanese, Australian, Spain, Stuttgard and Hamburg) and none of them have "Change in Me."

Someone up there mentioned a Natherlands cast recording. Are there any others that I'm missing?

-Sharon-
Orlando FL

re: Positive suggestion thread for Q Vegas!
 Sep 24 2005, 10:21:09 AM
Re-name Princeton and the name of the show to "Sigfreid."

-Sharon-
Orlando FL

re: Vegas Q - People Walking Out?
 Sep 24 2005, 10:18:57 AM
Ayep....me too. 2 weeks from today! Woo hoo!

-Sharon-
Orlando FL

re: Vegas Q - People Walking Out?
 Sep 23 2005, 09:42:14 PM
Yeah but nudity isn't dealing with homosexuality and racism. Nudity isn't new to Vegas, period (grin).

Since I don't live in NY anymore, I pay more attention to the "little things" when I come up to visit. I noticed that the billboards and bus ads for Avenue Q in NY now focused more on the "Did you hear that we won the Tony" campaign too. Last time we visited, they were more the "closeted Homowhatever" flavor.

-Sharon-
Orlando FL

re: Disneyway
 Sep 22 2005, 01:37:42 PM
> Broadway exists for audiences.

Actually, Broadway, or ANY entertainment-based endeavor exists for the possibility of making a profit BECAUSE of the audiences. Variety-style TV shows, Vaudeville, circus side shows, etc. are no longer in existence, or at least are few and far between, because there's no audience for them, so the businesses can't profit.

> And there are some people that would like something intelligible
> on Broadway...

And there are MANY people who

re: Disneyway
 Sep 21 2005, 11:44:03 PM
Disney has been downplaying the concept of MGM in Disney-MGM Studios Theme Park for a long time. For years now, rumors have been flying that they're going to drop the "MGM' altogether.

-Sharon-
Orlando FL

re: Avenue Q or Spelling Bee
 Sep 16 2005, 11:44:22 AM
I really, REALLY liked both shows. Both have VERY funny scripts. But I'd give Q the edge, because I liked the music more.

-Sharon-
Orlando FL

Hmmm
 Sep 14 2005, 11:46:33 PM
Shrug...I live in Central Florida and I saw Avenue Q in NYC in January 2004 and October 2004. My husband and I are going to Las Vegas SPECIFICALLY to see it again, in about 3-1/2 weeks. And FWIW, I detest Vegas...if it wasn't for Q (and, as I later found out, Toxic Audio at the Luxor), there is no way I'd be going to Vegas again.

I ordered our tickets about a week ago and we've got 16th row, dead center, for the 10pm show because that's the best we could get...not bad for a show that's

re: Circle in the Square seating?
 Sep 14 2005, 11:05:03 PM
The only thing I would recommend is to NOT get floor seats if you are vertically challenged. Those chairs are all on the floor and are not staggered, heightwise. So if you're short and have someone tall in front of you, you're SOL.

The rest of the theater has stadium-style seating.

-Sharon-
Orlando FL

re: King David
 Sep 6 2005, 07:41:09 PM
I saw the show. Was working at The Disney Store in Staten Island at the time because I was a big ol' Disney geek and I wanted to see the theater that they had bought and restored.

The New Amsterdam was (and is) gorgeous. But as much as I adore Menken, I hated the show and the CD (which I still bought, because I collect Disney CDs. I have 600-and-something of them). Boring as hell, in my humble opinion.

Your milage may vary.

-Sharon-
Orlando FL

re: TOXIC AUDIO ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
 Sep 5 2005, 12:27:32 AM
FloweyFriend-

Glad you enjoyed Toxic Audio so much...my husband and I have been Toxic Audio geeks since 2001 or so and we've been singing their praises to friends and family ever since. Saw them Off Broadway about 6 times last year...no small feat since we live in central FL (grin). And if *I* can make plans to see them in Muncie, so can you...

-Sharon-
Orlando FL

re: toxic audio
 Aug 18 2005, 11:37:13 AM
I loved Toxic Audio when they were Off Broadway last year (I'll admit...my husband and I have been Toxic Audio fan since way before last year, though).

They recently announced on their website that they're going to be performing at the Luxor, in Las Vegas, from August 19 through November 16. There's more information about it if you go to http://www.toxicaudio.com and click on "Toxic Gigs."

-Sharon-
Orlando FL

re: A New Brain, why not in regional/community theatre?
 Jul 20 2005, 11:42:19 PM
Orlando Theatre Project, in central Florida, put it on as a fundraiser in (I believe) 2004.

-Sharon-
Orlando FL

re: What's the best way to get tickets?
 Feb 2 2005, 06:17:27 PM
I thought I just replied to this but it seems to have gotten lost in cyberspace. If it turns out to be a double message, forgive me.

Anyway, I'm originally from NY but now live in FL. When we go "back home" and want to make sure we have the best seats possible for a particular show, we use Broadway.com You tell them where you'd like to sit and, if available, they order the tickets for you and leave them for you at Will Call. Their markup is about 20%, last we used them (this past summe

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You