News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for nmlhats

Member Name: nmlhats
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The new Museum of Broadway
 Nov 20 2022, 04:06:02 PM

Has anyone been--opened Nov 15th? Tickets are quite expensive so I was hoping to get some candid feedback before plunking down $40-$50.

Flying Over Sunset - Previews Thread
 Nov 22 2021, 04:07:01 PM

I had really been looking forward to the promise of this show and am rethinking it. I have one, maybe two spots left for a short NYE/NYC trip. 

For those who have called it boring--and there are quite a few--how would you compare its boringness quotient to other shows that some people have found boring but others loved?

For example, I absolutely loved The Band's Visit and The Light in the Piazza, while some of my friends found them totally soporific. 

Is it

Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration
 Apr 26 2020, 11:20:05 PM
I am not such a huge BP fan but she is making me cry now....perfect ending while we are all on our own.
Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration
 Apr 26 2020, 10:57:31 PM
I bet they could sell a LOT of copies if they made a CD and/or DVD of all these performances, and thereby raise some more money for ASTEP.
 Apr 26 2020, 09:34:04 PM

I hope the whole thing will be available as a package tomorrow....keeps cutting out even after the delay....I hate to think what I am missing. I saw Kelli O'Hara and then Judy Kuhn thing just flat out froze up.

Apr 26 2020, 08:43:14 PM

Dear God, please let them overcome the tech probs! I have really been working myself up for this!

Apr 26 2020, 08:18:47 PM

The viewer count is declining now as people give up....

HAMILTON National Tour
 Apr 29 2019, 04:37:36 PM

So, I saw the show again last night. Three in NY (Munoz/Dixon, Luwoye/Breaker, McFerrin/Breaker), Atlanta with Angelica tour (Scott/ Christopher), and finally, last night, in Dallas with the Philip tour. Most of the cast was intact except for Eliza and Hamilton (Sunday night, natch). Walker was excellent as Burr but I have to say that standby Pierre Jean Gonzalez was absolutely tremendous as Hamilton. Ten times better than McFerrin was, for my money. Right on time with all the spoken and

RENT Live on Fox
 Jan 27 2019, 11:35:28 PM

I actually burst into tears at "Seasons of Love" (during the show, not as much for the ending)....not because it was so great or so awful but because my oldest friend's 21 yr old daughter basically dropped dead two weeks ago....she was about to graduate a year early as a music theater major and the church choir sang that "Seasons of Love" at her funeral (as well as the Marc Shaiman arrangement of "Hail Holy Queen" from "Sister Act" wh

RENT Live on Fox
 Jan 27 2019, 11:12:54 PM

Dollypop said: "I never saw RENT on Bwy because I love Puccini's LA BOHEME almost as much as I live HELLO, DOLLY! I felt I could never be fair to a rock version of the story.

I watched this tonight.

Ugh!
"

IKR? Mimi needs to die. So wrong.

Largest theaters that regularly host touring productions
 Jan 27 2019, 11:08:09 PM

Fair Park Music Hall in Dallas has at least 3000 to 3500 (and bad acoustics) and the Fox in Atlanta is giant, like 4500+.

Big news from Dallas re tours
 Dec 4 2018, 08:25:15 PM

trpguyy said: "I hope this results in an expedited retirement for the Fair Park Music Hall. What a dump!"

devilThe Winspear is definitely the better house! I think that any touring production would agree that goes for the front of house experience as well as the backstage and technical aspects as well.

Big news from Dallas re tours
 Dec 4 2018, 07:10:45 PM

It's a whole new world...ATTPAC and DSM join hands?

https://www.dallasnews.com/arts/theater/2018/12/04/dallas-summer-musicals-attpac-cooperate-dallas-broadway?fbclid=IwAR3Tr03xknWTPXYZgaFIl_l2F80HZuxz_mGXPYNOesFjMmIvPHgvnTpOgb4

Selling 1 Ticket to Hamilton 11/30/18 @ 8:00 PM ORCH Row S SEAT 28
 Nov 25 2018, 10:30:34 PM

I take it you bought this ticket n the secondary market, given the price you apparently paid? Face value should be more like half of that, for that seat. The last time I went, I had row T on the inside (center) aisle and it was $229 plus fee, totaling around $240-$250 (bought from Ticketmaster on the day they were released).

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
 Jul 6 2018, 04:16:22 PM

Oh, yeah, and I forgot to mention that Mandy was totally off-pitch for the first half of "Satisfied." It was painful.

Rogers and Hammerstein exhibit at Library For the Performing Arts
 Jul 6 2018, 04:09:16 PM

I went last week. Unless they are adding stuff into the main exhibition spaces, a half hour is enough. As of June 25th, it was posters, set design artwork, photos, one video screen, and explanatory panels along the side walls downstairs near the circulation desk (including around the back corner) and a bit more on the second floor. At that time, anyway, the main spaces were closed for the teardown of the Bernstein exhibit. The R & H a small exhibit.

Laura Bush Killed a Guy
 Jul 3 2018, 11:44:22 PM

I recently saw this one-woman show downtown at the Flea, and it is only playing through this weekend (8 July). Highly recommended.....funny, bizarre, tasteless, moving, endearing...a little bit of everything. Lisa Hodsoll is great and originated themrole in DC. Plus, fresh-baked cookies! I live in Dallas and wish someone would do it or bring it here so all my theater fan friends could see it. We are a blue city and a blue county in a sea of red, but pretty much everyo

Non theater activities
 Jul 3 2018, 11:25:21 PM

I know OP has already spent those days, but for anyone else there this summer:

Heavenly Bodies exhibit at the Met 5th AND Met Cloisters is to die for. It is basically in three parts. The Vatican items are downstairs in the Costume Institute rooms. In the Byzantine and Medieval galleries on the main floor you will find about 60-65% of the modern clothes, with the other 30-35% being at the Cloisters. Fort Tryon Park looks beautiful right now so it is worth the stroll from the 190th St. s

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
 Jul 3 2018, 11:07:02 PM

Saw it again last week...fourth overall and third time in NY. Observations and opinions:

1) Lexi and Mandy are stiiiiiilllllll there. 

2) I think we were between a Madison/Mulligan main cast change. It was A.Chappell.

3) James Monroe Iglehart did nothing for me as Lafayette/Jefferson.

4) Daniel Breaker is still a very good Burr.

5) Euan Morton as KG still very entertaining.

6) We got Javon McFerrin as Hamilton. Honestly, he is just not right for that role, in my opinion. Maybe too young? He was ok as a young, smart, and bratty Hamilton at the beginning, but the character needs to mature into a confident, ambitious, arrogant, fully-formed intellectual giant by the end of the first act. McFerrin played him as still a sassy, annoying, smart-alec youth just about right up until he got shot by Burr. Luwoye pulls off that transition with aplomb and I was very disappointed that my husband, who was only seeing it for the second time, did not get to enjoy and appreciate Luwoye's performance.

7) Anthony Lee Medina still makes a passionate and heroic Laurens and an adorable Philip.

Robert Walters was on as Seabury and I really, really missed Thayne Jasperson.

9) I still love the show....listen to it constantly in my car...evangelizing all my friends on its many virtues.... but I think I may take a longer break before seeing it again (famous last words). Like whenever we have some new Schuyler sisters. 

devil

Greedy Producers
 May 21 2018, 11:36:27 AM

haterobics said: "nmlhats said: "I get that it's all about supply and demand."

It doesn't seem like you do.
"

The tickets are taking a little longer to sell out with each NY release....so I am not sure it's provable that the demand has actually increased over that time. I would say that the longer availability indicates a slight slackening of demand, even if the end result is still a sellout. In addition, the overall supply si

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You