News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for T.C.

Member Name: T.C.
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Norm Lewis and Sierra Boggess in PHANTOM tonight!
 May 29 2014, 01:32:42 PM
The cloak which Don Juan wears - either as a prop for a play within a play, or as a piece of clothing - is meant to imply and represent at the very least a minimal ambiguity about who may be wearing it. This little gadget - from a director's view point - should allow the audience to continue questioning whether Christine is aware of who is truly behind it.

The hands though are an obvious give away and there's no way most audience members won't think "How is she not seeing this?". Just

Obtaining rights to a studio cast recording
 May 29 2014, 12:58:37 PM
Are you asking about obtaining the rights to record a cast recording of a show, or are you asking about obtaining the rights to use an already existing cast recording for commercial purposes?
 May 29 2014, 12:57:30 PM
Another thing to consider about Norm Lewis being cast as the Phantom, regardless of his vocal ability, - and even in the context of growing (thank god) diversity in casting decisions overall - is whether the color of a performers skin should be ignored completely or actually celebrated and incorporated into the directorial aspect of the role. Further, how does this increasing diversity affect the notion of suspending the disbelief? A case in point - when I saw Norm as Javert I had absolutely no
re: Vanessa Redgrave will still perform 'Year of Magical Thinking' in April
 May 28 2014, 11:14:19 AM
I just saw this thread from years ago and was reminded how powerful Vanessa Redgrave was in this role. Seeing her in the show was perhaps one of the most moving, remarkable nights of theater I ever experienced on Broadway.
 May 28 2014, 08:54:05 AM
When I referenced Norm Lewis' age I specifically said that he lacks the same romantic intensity and chemistry with Christine as did other younger LOOKING Phantoms, some of whom were around 50 - Norm's age. He's convincing, but not seductive and that's the key to the role and the character as he transforms from a father figure to a potential suitor. The sexual, for a lack of a better word, energy and the tension that exists between Christine and the Phantom in other pairings is notably missing be
Les Mis: What a Shame!!!
 May 27 2014, 11:55:21 PM
The recent touring company here in Toronto was an excellent and a refreshing take on the original. Several scenes were cut - namely the women's chorus (Turning, Turning) - and the opening was staged to resemble the film, where you see Jean Valjean working at a ship yard, rather than in a chain gang. Having seen Les Mis 4-5 times over the last 15 years I was actually very pleasantly surprised by how well this revival was done. Can't say the same about the Phantom with its score revisions and rece
 May 27 2014, 10:59:23 PM
By "Updated Sets" I am referring to some new curtains and more colourful backdrops that have been added. Also, the cross on top of the mausoleum has been updated to have the Phantom emerge from within it, rather than from the side/behind it which now makes it look like he's exiting from a camouflaged cover - something that drew a few giggles at the show that I saw.

May 27 2014, 10:43:37 PM

I saw the Phantom with Norm Lewis in New York on May 24th and must say that I left somewhat disappointed with recent revisions to the staging, as well as with Norm Lewis in this role. I should say I am “in the business” and have seen this show 13 times, so perhaps my take on things is a little different from a typical theatergoer. There was little chemistry within the cast, as Lewis’ age creates more of a weird Freudian relationship with the young Sierra Boggess, rather than a romanti

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You