News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for PeterMcSwee

Member Name: PeterMcSwee
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Ethel Sings Off Broadway
 Jun 17 2014, 09:23:04 AM
anyone see it?
Donogoo at the Mint
 Jun 14 2014, 10:43:49 AM
Cutrainsupat8, I certainly didn't mean to imply anyone who doesn't like Donogoo lacks a sense of humor, I apologize if I gave that impression. I just meant that some people might be put off by the wildly divergent styles of humor in this play. I can see how that could be disconcerting to some. Look, it all comes down the subjectivity of individual tastes. None of us see the "same" show. The things that one person might love a production for another might hate it for. But definitely not im
Donogoo at the Mint
 Jun 14 2014, 09:42:34 AM
Also saw it last night [Friday] and we had a completely different reaction. Loved it from start to finish. It is very different than what one might expect from the Mint but I believe it is a risk that paid off. Donogoo is kind of a pastiche of Ionesco, Beckett and the Producers and in that sense it is " all over the place" I took a look at the translation online yesterday afternoon [if you google Donooo+translation+Mint] and skimming it, I wasn't sure how anyone could pull it off. It is su
Will anything close before July?
 Jun 13 2014, 10:30:57 AM
I think Mothers and Sons closes end of June, Tyne Daly is so great and reason enough to see it, IMHO
Awkward Stage Door Moments
 Jun 13 2014, 10:29:04 AM
At "the Goat" Sally Field grinning politely but obvioulsy not enjoying the situation as an over enthused fan encouraged the grop waiting for Sally to recite together "We Love you Sally, We Really Really Love You" Sally Field looked mortified.

This was revisiing Sally's famous Oscar acceptance speech that I guess she would rather forget

Donogoo at the Mint
 Jun 13 2014, 10:23:53 AM
on All That Chat, Alan Scott gave it a rave review as did some other posters. Only started previewing recently I think. The upshot of it was, great cast and very interesting and different play from what the Mint usually does
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You