News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for sacteach

Member Name: sacteach
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Is Elsie Fest no more?
 Jul 27 2018, 07:11:09 PM

LightsOut90 said: "Darren is out on tour so he might be a bit busy"

He's not currently touring and no dates for future tour cities have been announced. The first part of the LMDC tour finished up a couple of weeks ago.

Gypsy at Music Circus
 Jul 27 2018, 07:09:08 PM

broadwaysfguy said: "ive been to a lot of music circus productions,,they are very good most of the time for regional productions, and are a LONG ways from a broadway level production. The head of music circus is a great guy and really fills a need in the sacramento area and the theatre in the round there is well constructed and delivered a lot of musicals to folks that dont get much quality except for touring broadway shows...

i would subscribe if it wasnt a 2 plus hour dr

Carolee Carmello as Mama Rose in LEGACY
 Jul 25 2018, 11:42:15 AM

We saw it last night and Carolee was amazing! The entire cast was great, but she was by far a stand out. I love seeing performances at Music Circus and last night was no exception. There should be some video coming out today or tomorrow - they always film the first performance and make a compilation video. 

Carolee Carmello as Mama Rose in LEGACY
 Jul 24 2018, 03:43:39 PM

I'm going to see it tonight. This season at Music Circus has been amazing so far - we didn't get to see Singin' in the Rain, but I heard it was great. Seven Brides for Seven Brothers had some of the best dancing I've seen on that stage and Newsies is one of my favorite shows and it was so much fun! Tonight is Gypsy and we still have Little Shop of Horrors and Mamma Mia left in this season! I don't get to NY much, so I've never seen Carolee perform (and honestly I didn&

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
 Oct 19 2017, 11:28:00 PM

uncageg said: "BroadwayMomma said: "I have not seen a seating chart where the end seat numbers are listed. Can someone direct me to it?"

Go over to the other thread. It is posted about 3 pages before the last page.

"

I just scrolled through every page (starting at 23) and I don't see it... page 23 has the picture that I've seen floating around that shows the starting number (1, 2, 101) but I can't find

Oct 19 2017, 10:51:30 PM

uncageg said: "The seat chart they put out shows end seat numbers. I suspect center would start with 101. I saw the chart. Can't remember the endseat.

Have to ask sacteach...why buy all of those tickets if you are not sure they will get used?
"

I only saw starting numbers (1, 2, 101, etc) but no ending numbers for each row. If you can tell me where to find that, I would really appreciate it.

As for buying tickets, at this point I know a lot of pe

Oct 19 2017, 02:35:08 AM

I got 6 sets of tickets for Tuesday, July 3rd. Dress Circle Center, Row G for $199 each. Total of $2550 for 12 tickets - painful to the credit card, but if I can't find people to go, I can get a refund.

I really want to see an accurate seating chart that shows the last seat in each row. Like most, I much prefer being able to select my own seat and I personally need to be as close to an aisle as possible, but I have no idea how close my seats are as all of the seating charts I've seen don't match the seats I have and the chart they showed doesn't show the end seat number

Come From Away limited view seats
 Sep 20 2017, 01:20:30 AM

bandisepic said: "@sacteach I sat A22 (second off the aisle house right front row mezz) and view wise you barely miss anything. definitely worth it for the price. one thing i noticed about my seat was that there was extra leg room for me and the person on the aisle so if A22 or A24 is available I'd recommend one of those two"

Thank you! Both are available, so I think I'll do A24 - aisle and a little extra leg room sounds perfect! And no one directly in front

Come From Away limited view seats
 Sep 20 2017, 12:50:54 AM

I'm going in November and I'm considering Mezz Row A/B/C on the far outside (all three rows are available)- I need an aisle seat and this is available for under $100 - from what I've read, it should like this might be a decent deal if most of the action is center stage. 

The other seats I'm considering are Orch A/B/C - seat 2... aisle seat closest to center section but they are almost $200. 

Any input on these seats?

Hamilton bway vs Hamilton tour- which to see?
 Sep 16 2017, 06:13:27 PM

I was never able to see the OBC, but I *LOVE* the current touring cast. I saw it five times in San Francisco and plan to see it in LA. I'm going to NY in November, and debating see it, but honestly I love the touring cast so much that I'm content if that's all I see. I'm spending my money on other shows in NYC -for that same $400 I can see at least two more shows

Quick Nov. Weekend - planning advice needed
 Sep 7 2017, 11:28:22 PM

Thanks for all of the replies. I think I can fit both The Band's Visit and Come From Away in to my budget for the matinees on Saturday and Sunday - both sound like great shows. I won't book anything for Friday night and decide that when I get there (or see if I win any lotteries). 

Quick Nov. Weekend - planning advice needed
 Sep 7 2017, 01:56:34 AM

I'm flying in from CA for the Nov. 18th 8pm showing of Dear Evan Hansen. I bought the tickets on the night of the Tony Awards and figured with my luck that Ben's last show would be on the 12th, so I was very happily surprised when the 19th was announced. I'm trying to decide what I can fit into a quick weekend.

I'm either arriving Friday morning (red-eye Thursday night) and leaving Sunday night or flying in Saturday morning (red-eye Friday night) and leaving Monday or T

Hamilton Cancellation Line
 Aug 17 2017, 08:54:49 PM

Texas Tanya said: "It was right at 2:00 (showtime) and they were moving the line to the other side of the theater.  Everyone from the afternoon line that did not get tickets except 1 woman left.  We got there right when they were moving the line, I dashed over and we were ticket 9-12 in line. "

Were there only 8 people left in line and you got in line behind them, or did you jump in to the line as the line was moving and end up closer to the front of the li

Ben Platt's last day in DEH is officially 11/19
 Aug 17 2017, 08:11:28 PM

I bought tickets on the night of The Tony Awards knowing that they had gone up, but I didn't care. I bought two tickets for Saturday, November 18th hoping that Ben didn't have his last show on the 12th (which I figured would be my luck). Apparently my gamble paid off. I don't have a flight or hotel or anything else (including anyone for the other ticket), but I have tickets to the show! I'm off work for the entire week of Thanksgiving (I'm a teacher) so I'm hoping to c

The queue for Hamilton tix in SF is an hour long
 Dec 5 2016, 07:16:08 PM

I knew I was going to be in an all-day meeting so last night I "trained" my mom over the phone on how to buy tickets only to find out that everything we went over didn't happen - we obviously didn't plan for there to be a numbered queue, I taught her how to select seats from the map (no map for the pre-sale). Ultimately, she was able to get 2 orchestra tickets for closing night so I'm happy.

My goal was 1 ticket for opening, 2 for closing, and 3 for another night.

HEDWIG TOUR
 Dec 5 2016, 12:30:45 AM

I saw pics of Mason (fb maybe?) in full costume and comments that implied he took the stage on Friday perhaps, but I haven't seen anything confirmed. If so, that would be really early in Euan's run, especially with San Diego only having one week of shows.

HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall
 Oct 26 2016, 02:21:28 AM

ChairinMain said: "For those who have done the In-Person rush, what time did you get there? Was there a line, etc? 

"

10/9 evening (Lena's first show) - I got in line around 5:05pm (was waiting at stage door and Darren came out just before 5, so it was soon after that) - bought one ticket - got center orchestra, row K one off the aisle

10/21 evening - we arrived at the theater at 5:58 and were about 15 people back in line but some

HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall
 Oct 21 2016, 01:03:34 AM

notalwaysontime said: "Does anyone here know where the rush seats have been located? Goldstar doesn't have any tickets left for the day I wanted to go see darren and i'm trying to decide if I want to change the day, or try rush

"

From the app, I got a pair of tickets in Mezz Left, row D on a Sunday matinee (10/9). In person, I got center orchestra, row k, one off the aisle for Lena's first show (10/9 evening). On Tuesday (10/1 I got center orchestra row J on the aisle in person. 

HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall
 Oct 13 2016, 11:47:40 PM

RippedMan said: "Maybe me, but I didn't think it felt run down on Broadway at all. I was actually impressed by how much production there actually was. 

Does Hedwig still rise up for the ballad at the end? I remember them going up on a pedestal that came from the stage? I'm guessing the stage was built up as they use to go into a trap door for the car sequence? 

"

Yes, Hedwig/Tommy rises up at the end on a platform wit

HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall
 Oct 13 2016, 11:46:20 PM

Hamilfan2 said: "If anyone is going to see or has seen the tour with Lena (or Darren) and is able to get me a Playbill I would be really grateful (and will to pay shipping).  I would also love a Hurtlocker the Musical Playbill from the tour if possible!

"

I've got both I can send you

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You