News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for StephanCasey

StephanCasey Profile Photo
Member Name: StephanCasey
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Blog Address:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread  Jan 8 2015, 01:41:48 PM
I think it was intentional that Rapunzel didn't die and that the Baker didn't realize it's his sister. I think that in the movie they were all caught up in their current state of shock that they didn't quite get to that yet and you are meant to wonder about what happens next. They could meet in the future. Who knows? They could make a prequel out of it

Anyone else have a problem with the ending of Into the woods? Its pretty morally disgusting  Jan 8 2015, 01:29:58 PM
Also. I find the OP very hypocritical by saying that the witch should have fed Jack to the giant's wife because now murder is condoned just because Jack has been a murderer before. How does that help him learn his lesson? Just kill him off. That'll solve everything?

Anyone else have a problem with the ending of Into the woods? Its pretty morally disgusting  Jan 8 2015, 01:23:47 PM
I just saw Jack as an overeager emotional boy who grew up in a broken home and made many mistakes as a result. I like the ending because he ends up living in a family with a man who is teaching him how to be better than that. One of those lessons was where he said that killing the steward who killed his mother won't help anything.

Hate him if you wish. The character is bound to be loved by some and hated by others

Has anyone seen the Quartet movie  Jul 18 2014, 05:19:59 PM
I couldn't find another thread on this. Please tell me if there is one.

I just saw the movie and I'm not so sure how I felt about it. I loved the cast but I don't recall anything really special that made me love it either though. It ended in such a weird place. You didn't even get to see the quartet perform or the marriage...

It's like the movie that could've been. There were some really good parts though.

I suppose that's how the play was written too so, idk, am I

What is so bad about bootlegs?  Jul 18 2014, 05:09:49 PM
lmao @themysteriousgrowl. Yeah lol. I don't know what kind of guy thinks bootleg jeans look good #Blegh
NEW MUSICAL RUMOUR  Jul 18 2014, 05:04:47 PM
i find it annoying if people don't use caps lock at the beginning of a sentence. maybe even more than if people don't lowercase letters at all...

Ariana Grande as Elphaba in the Wicked Movie  Jul 12 2014, 08:07:55 PM
That's actually a brilliant idea. She is very talented as a singer and actress. When I found out she played both Liv and Maddie I was like "No way?!?"
So does Neil just drop the accent when he sings?  Jul 8 2014, 07:20:29 PM
Yeah. Even if I think about the New York accent in Newsies. The only thing that sort of keeps it going is the pronunciation of words and speech here and there. Even in the recordings. You have to go into sing mode at some point
I really miss Victorious  Jul 8 2014, 06:33:04 PM
Okay. Thanks. I put it in off topic. I'll rename it now
I really miss Victorious  Jul 8 2014, 06:23:58 PM
I don't mind. How do you move a thread though
I really miss Victorious  Jul 8 2014, 06:16:05 PM
I knew I would get a response like that. Does it mean nothing that Ariana and Liz were on Broadway before Victorious. It's Nickelodeon but you talk about Disney/Nick as if they have never staged musicals before. If someone were to bring up Glee/SMASH the response would be very different and for no reason really
DELETE  Jul 8 2014, 06:07:38 PM
I suppose if I let people tell me what and what not to like I wouldn't like any musicals so anyways. I really liked Victorious. Did anyone here watch it?

My favorite episodes were:
The Diddly Bops
Tori The Zombie
The Breakfast Bunch

Of course Ariana Grande and Liz Gillies had stronger voices than Victoria Justice but she wasn't bad. Honestly. The casting was perfect. Everyone worked together so well

What is your career/major  Jul 7 2014, 02:58:00 PM
I know we all love to watch shows but I'm just interested. What did you study and end up doing as your career? Are you working in theatre at all?

If you're still studying then what are you studying?

SeaWorld San Antonio Auditions - July 10  Jul 7 2014, 01:10:37 PM
I understand keeping some dolphins, fish, seals, etc. in tanks and letting people watch them and not separate them from their families.

I understand having a sea pen where people can see whales go about doing what they naturally do in a big enough space.

I don't understand making any animals (especially sea animals) do circus tricks. That's disgusting. Then they separate baby whales from their parents when whales never leave their mother's side. That's ridiculously inhumane. I

Modernizing  Jul 6 2014, 02:43:45 PM
It looks like a brilliant idea to me. I'd love to see the show
NEWSIES to close Aug. 24  Jul 6 2014, 02:42:22 PM
Is anyone actually sure that there will be a performance on Aug 24. Maybe they just haven't edited the ticket system yet because Newsies is normally dark on Thursdays anyway
Lea Michele's Louder  Jul 5 2014, 02:58:03 PM
She knows that expectations would be high for her music. It just wasn't very commercial in my opinion. Battlefield was the best song in my opinion.
Do reviews make or break a production?  Jul 5 2014, 07:26:50 AM
Often people just adopt the opinion of reviewers. It can harshly effect people's opinion. I know that I personally don't care much for reviews because most critics see things I honestly couldn't care less about
Dream cast your favorite performers!  Jul 5 2014, 07:15:52 AM
^^ I second the idea of Andy Mientus as Pippin. I wish I thought of that myself
Jonathan Roxmouth in Phantom  Jul 5 2014, 07:13:58 AM
Oh. I've just heard some people say. Jonathan was the best Phantom but it isn't fair because Ramin had no formal training. Then I'm just like the only training Jonathan has was 5 years in his high school musical
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You