News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for jaybee3907

Member Name: jaybee3907
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Longest Original Cast Members?
 Mar 15 2019, 10:00:09 AM

Lindiwe Dlamini is an original cast member of The Lion King and is still in the production.  I can't say specifically whether she took any breaks or not, but I'm assuming it's been all 21+ years.

Camelot LCT Benefit
 Feb 19 2019, 10:35:37 AM

Online was awful.  Kept telling me there were no ticket buying sessions.  Right at 10am.  Something was up.  I'm thinking it's LMM's involvement.  Made it more popular than it would have been otherwise.  Oh, well.  You can't win them all.  I've gotten lucky in the past with City Center special events and the Light in the Piazza Reunion at LCT a few years ago.  Wasn't my turn this time.

I've entered the lotter

THE NEW YORK POPS 35TH GALA
 May 1 2018, 03:49:04 PM

I completely agree with the sentiments here.  I am not exaggerating when I say it was one of the best nights of my life.  I'm pretty sure my reaction to seeing Angela Lansbury was not at all unlike many girls feel when they would see One Direction or Justin Bieber.  There were tears and my hands got sore from clapping.  Luckily I kept the screaming to a single "Woooooooo!"

But in all seriousness.  It will be hard for me to ever find another concer

MY FAIR LADY (2018) Previews
 Mar 16 2018, 02:49:25 PM

Act I ends with them walking out the door.  Act II starts with the ball.

I won't spoil her costume, but will say I found it to be very pretty.  (Same can be said for all of her dresses.)

Mar 16 2018, 10:26:47 AM

Ah, yes.  She did say that.  I forgot.  And I definitely couldn't see her touch her heart from my point of view.  I have bought a ticket in the Loge with a straight on view for my birthday in May and I can't wait to revisit.  I wouldn't change sitting close, even if off center for anything.  Higgins was turned towards me while listening to her recording.  The look on his face was heartbreaking.  For the first time, I really felt for him

Mar 16 2018, 09:51:40 AM

Adding my two cents on the ending.  (Obligatory SPOILER tag.  I'm going to be specific.)

I also had the impression she appeared in his imagination.  He's listening to her voice on the gramophone.  She enters through the door, stops the recording, he turns and says the line.  She slowly walks toward him.  (I was fearful of a kiss from my angle.  Thankfully there wasn't one.)  She touches his cheek very gently, then turns towa

Mar 16 2018, 12:38:22 AM

I have only ever sat in the LincTix seats in the 100 and 500 sections of the Orchestra.  I was E 508 this evening.  Almost all the way over, but only four rows from the front.  (It starts at B.)  I absolute cannot complain.  $35 for such a night is an incredible bargain. 

I would say, though, the 100 section would probably be better.  The couch in his study is angled in such a way that sometimes the view of the study is awkward.  It is all sort o

Mar 16 2018, 12:14:30 AM

Norbert Leo Butz should have another Tony on his mantle come June.  Lauren Ambrose was a loverly Eliza.  What a joy to watch her take the stage.  Harry Hadden-Paton was a hilarious Higgins.  Appropriately stiff yet endearing.  A full orchestra playing some of the greatest Broadway has ever offered.  The dopey grin couldn't be wiped from my face.  Being one to rarely enjoy a sung through musical, the long book scenes were an absolute joy for me.

I&

Lion King Tour Update?
 Nov 13 2017, 10:03:54 AM

It's my understanding they made alterations so they could fit into smaller theaters, taking them to cities and towns they were previously unable to go to.  I'm not sure what was changed, but that was the reason for whatever was altered.

Hello, Dolly! Ticket Exchange
 Jun 6 2017, 03:08:09 PM

For some reason, I thought I bought through Ticket Master, but it was Telecharge.  I've had luck exchanging with them in the past, so I'll definitely try.  I wasn't going to call Ticket Master.  Not a fan of theirs.

Thank you!

Hello, Dolly! Ticket Exchange
 Jun 6 2017, 02:46:35 PM

Would anyone want to swap their Hello, Dolly! ticket for mine?  My family made plans for the first week in August and I just found out about them.  So frustrated.  Anyway, here are the details:

Thursday, August 3rd at 7:00pm

Left Balcony, Row B, Seat 27 (only 1 ticket available, I'm a solo show goer)

Priced at $123

I'm open to tickets of different value, lower or higher, though I'm not willing to pay more than $50 to make up the differenc

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You