News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ariel175

Member Name: ariel175
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

R.I.P. Samuel E. Wright (1946-2021)
 May 25 2021, 07:32:15 PM

I just saw him in a Law & Order episode the other day.  RIP to an absolute legend and icon of many childhoods.  

NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday seaosn
 May 15 2021, 10:45:05 PM

Don't know if this has been suggested yet but what about the three well-known past Annies (Andrea McArdle, Aileen Quinn and Alicia Morton) as three of the main female servants, Cecile, Mrs Greer and Annette?  It would be a cute cameo alongside the current Annie, like when Ricki Lake and Marissa Jaret Winokur cameoed in Hairspray Live and shared the screen with Maddie Baillio.  

Loudest gasp you've heard in the theatre
 Feb 13 2020, 04:45:34 AM

When I saw Newsies, people gasped and went "ooooh" at Katherine being Pulitzer's daughter.  There was even a "Damn, girl!"

The boat reveal at the beginning of The King and I, gasps and applause.  I also teared up a bit when Kelli O'Hara first appeared.  

Ron Leibman has died at 82.
 Dec 11 2019, 07:29:51 PM

An episode of Law & Order, "House Counsel", was on today with both Ron Leibman and Jessica Walter.  Both were brilliant, a true power couple of actors.  

Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf
 Sep 12 2019, 03:44:45 PM

Wow, my mom LOVES Rupert Everett so looks we're seeing this.  It would also be amazing to finally see Laurie Metcalf on stage especially in a role like Martha.  Time to save up for two shows, this and The Music Man.  

New BTS photos from West Side Story film
 Jul 14 2019, 10:06:49 PM

bk said: "Is it really hard to spell out "behind the scenes"? Just curious. While I normally would have zero interest in this, I never count out Steven Spielberg - anyone with his filmography is worth watching. Yes, he misses as much as he hits these days, and that is a worry, but he's a great director and because of that I will see this as soon as it opens (hopefully before). And I wouldn't judge set design from a few photographs. In fact, if you want to judge, go

West Side Story revival?
 Jul 12 2019, 08:22:51 PM

I liked a comment on Amar's Instagram that called him out and next thing I know, his profile isn't viewable!  Just for liking.  I checked outside of my account and sure enough, the comment I liked isn't even there anymore.  I'm not surprised, he must spend a lot of his time deleting comments and blocking people that don't worship him, the ones that are left are all complimenting him like he's the king of gods.  

West Side Story revival?
 Jul 10 2019, 05:51:27 PM

Rachel Zegler (Movie Maria) seems pleased about most of the cast (one guess for who she's NOT pleased about):

https://twitter.com/rachelzegler/likes

re: Snarkiest Tony Award acceptance speech?
 May 3 2019, 06:18:51 PM

This isn't from the Tonys but when Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice won Oscars for Best Original Song with "You Must Love Me" from Evita, it was the year The English Patient dominated all the categories.  Lloyd Webber's opening line, "Well thank heavens there wasn't a song in 'The English Patient' is all I can say!" is one of my favorites.  

Best/worst stage door experience?
 Apr 29 2019, 08:20:26 PM

Some of my favorite stage door experiences were from Cinderella and Les Mis.  

Cinderella: Pretty much the entire cast signed and took pictures with you if you asked.  Harriet Harris and Linda Mugleston, who was on for Victoria Clark, were particularly nice and engaging.  My dad couldn't figure out how to take pictures with his phone so instead of getting a picture WITH Laura I got a picture OF her signing my playbill because I was too shy to ask her myself.  He did have a whole conversation with Linda, who was one of the last to come out.  

Les Mis: This was the day of the Tony Awards so I was prepared to see very few stop for pictures and autographs.  Ramin went straight to the car headed to the Tonys (understandable given they were one of the first shows performing) but most of the others surprisingly took the time to sign and take pictures.  My cousin, who is much better with technology than my dad, took a picture of me with a very nice Keala Settle.  I also caught a glimpse of Idina Menzel emerging from the If/Then stage door next door to Les Mis.  The crowd swallowed her up pretty quick but it was amazing seeing her for three seconds.  My mom told me while she was waiting for me across the street, she saw Audra in a car that was picking up Will Swenson.  

A bonus was seeing Santino Fontana in Cinderella a few months before Frozen came out; during the height of Frozen fever, my high school frenemy was bragging to people about something cool that happened to her and I decided to mention that I met Prince Hans

What is Andy Karl doing next?
 Apr 17 2019, 12:08:59 AM

CarmenA3 said: "TheBroadwayBubble said: "Observation said: "Hopefully the Magic Mike musical."

It's about time his biceps get more time to shine.
"

Completely agree...this was my view at stage door at the first preview :)

https://imgur.com/BdaTZGx

"

Please do Magic Mike *sigh*

Full WSS remake cast announced
 Apr 17 2019, 12:07:34 AM

BwayLB said: "ariel175 said: "I'm glad to see so many musical performers involved, future directors take note!

I recognized three So You Think You Can Dance alums in the ensemble, Jess LeProtto withthe Jets, and winners Ricky Ubeda and Gaby Diaz with the Sharks.

I wonder what kind of role Maddie Ziegler is playing? She's only listed as part of the Jets. I'm guessing she'll be either Riff's girlfriend, Velma/Graziella, or Anybodys sin

Full WSS remake cast announced
 Apr 16 2019, 04:46:54 PM

I'm glad to see so many musical performers involved, future directors take note!

I recognized three So You Think You Can Dance alums in the ensemble, Jess LeProtto with the Jets, and winners Ricky Ubeda and Gaby Diaz with the Sharks.  

I wonder what kind of role Maddie Ziegler is playing?  She's only listed as part of the Jets.  I'm guessing she'll be either Riff's girlfriend, Velma/Graziella, or Anybodys since those seem like the

Present-Day Adaptation of OKLAHOMA! in the Works for TV
 Apr 16 2019, 02:41:44 PM

Um, why?

R.I.P. Georgia Engel
 Apr 16 2019, 02:40:58 PM

She was one of my favorites on Everybody Loves Raymond and Mary Tyler Moore.  She also played a recurring character on Betty White's Hot in Cleveland, there was a whole episode where all the women of Mary Tyler Moore showed up as members of Elka and Mamie-Sue's bowling team reunited.  It was particularly poignant because Valerie Harper had just announced her battle with cancer.  R.I.P Georgia, give our love to Mary and Ted.  

Kiss Me Kate Seating
 Mar 25 2019, 06:40:58 PM

Hi.

I'm thinking about seeing Kiss Me Kate and I'd be going with someone who will need a handicap seat.  Could anyone tell me if the view is good from the first row handicap seats and which side of the theater is the best view, left or right?  I hope I made it clear enough to understand.

Thank you!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You