News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for john45cc

Member Name: john45cc
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Finding Neverland at ART -- Reviews & Thougts SPOILERS!!!
 Aug 11 2014, 06:31:25 PM
The dancing bumble-bees are gone and replaced by some strolling ladies and gents in period dress. The dancing doctor et al are still there. I agree they too should probably go - I'm sure Peter (Aidan) would agree. It can't be much fun to be hoisted into the air by the bum.
 Aug 11 2014, 05:18:20 PM
Saw it again on Saturday. Interestingly many of the scenes shown on the TV clips have already been cut or changed. The opening has also been changed. Apart from "Moving Furniture", which I would have liked to see dropped, I thought it was fine as it was - but then I liked the version of "Love Never Dies" before it was tinkered with as well. Still, it remains a great show which deserves both a Broadway and a West-End run.
 Aug 6 2014, 10:45:48 AM
What has been cut? I saw the show three times the first weekend and will see again next Saturday. I could do without the "moving furniture" scene and thought the carousel sequence was a bit too long, but otherwise cannot think of anything that should be trimmed.
Finding Neverland at ART -- Reviews & Thoughts
 Jul 31 2014, 06:48:52 PM
I hope not. The present cast is excellent. Hope the album is made by the original cast too - NOT Jennifer Hudson.

Jul 27 2014, 12:19:30 AM
The stage is quite low and there's an orchestra pit between the front row and the stage so no problem with neck-ache but there is a lot going on in many of the scenes and it might be easier to take it all in from further back. I prefer to be close up. The conductor will not obstruct your view from dead centre but might be a distraction. I had front row aisle seats 6 (right) and 15 (left). Both excellent, but there is a little more action on the right side.
 Jul 26 2014, 01:35:08 PM
Just joined to add my two pence. You probably won’t hear from me again. Travelled some distance just to see what had been done to this show which failed to progress after its regional try-out in Leicester, England.
Saw last night’s performance and will return tonight and Sunday. My first impression was very favourable, which I think was shared by the majority of the audience judging by their reactions.
Of course, the whole story as depicted in both the movie and the musical is largely fantasy. For a more accurate depiction of JM Barrie and the tragic lives of those close to him, watch “The Lost Boys” starring Ian Holm or read this article: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/donotmigrate/3556421/How-bad-was-J.M.-Barrie.html
Accepting that this is a work of fiction and fantasy, it works very well. There is humour, there is pathos, there is spectacle, there is energy. The sets and the special effects were outstanding. The choreography is sometimes a little over the top – the dancing servants, the manhandling of the boys, and I did not understand the use of mirrors in one number. The lead actors performances were all excellent. Josh Lamon and Paul Slade Smith deserve special mention for their supporting roles. The music was easy to listen to and not too intrusive. The songs are well written and for the most part not too cheesy. The dog had some very funny moments but I too felt that it was somewhat of a distraction. I would have preferred it to have a full mask rather than just a silly hat with floppy ears. I’m surprised no one has mentioned the outstanding performance of Aidan Gemme as Peter Llewellin-Davies. This young man is a natural and perfectly captured Peter’s changing moods and the gut-wrenching sadness of his difficulty in dealing with his father’s death. He also has a great singing voice. For me his duet with the excellent Jeremy Jordan was one of the highlights of the show.
Looking forward to seeing it all again tonight.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You