News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for sweeneyguy

Member Name: sweeneyguy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
 Mar 18 2015, 12:35:43 PM
Yes, the Tinkerbell moment is still what the audience first experiences.
 Mar 17 2015, 10:38:10 PM
That Barrie/family playtime moment is now a relatively quick part of the "Believe" number. In the original A.R.T. production that bit was in a more extensive family scene (now gone) later in the show.
 Mar 17 2015, 09:25:07 PM
Spoiler Alert. I was a self-proclaimed enthusiast for the A.R.T. production to the point of seeing it several times. I was determined to be at the first Broadway preview on Sunday and have no regrets for the decision. The show is hugely different now and so much better. New music, songs deleted, new dialogue, new choreography, new stagecraft. Many intelligent decisions have been made. The first 20 minutes are completely new. Barrie's introduction to the story is after Sylvia's death. We
Finding Neverland at ART -- Reviews & Thougts SPOILERS!!!
 Aug 11 2014, 09:24:12 AM
The anachronism subject is an interesting one. I think that it's commonplace in both musical theatre and opera. Think Verdi's and Elton John's AIDA. I don't really think that there is anything offered in either that is authentically ancient Egyptian. There are endless other examples where the music and dance styles don't even come close to evoking the setting. I have my doubts that the music and dance styles of Edwardian England would work in FINDING NEVERLAND.
 Aug 8 2014, 09:38:53 AM
Of course it's my own opinion. Isn't this site about personal opinions? Gosh, I apologize for misreading the enthusiastic response from the audience. I guess we were wrong and the negative opinions here must be definitive.
 Aug 8 2014, 08:39:20 AM
I thought the number was just right for capturing the playful, exuberant, youthful innocence of the boys. It was apparent that the audience got that and responded enthusiastically. For the pompously pedantic who can't comprehend the concept of the inner child, I would suggest something more highbrow. Perhaps the Ring Cycle at The Met.
 Aug 6 2014, 09:38:07 AM
I experienced the show again last night and the exuberant, captivated audience responses continue. Since visiting the show several days ago, I noticed that about 15 minutes has been cut from the performance.
Finding Neverland at ART -- Reviews & Thoughts
 Jul 30 2014, 06:05:07 PM
Aw,c'mon people. There have been many very successful musicals based on real people and events where the facts have been distorted and sugarcoated. To name a few: Fiorello, The King And I, The Sound of Music, Gypsy, Mack and Mabel, and on and on. For theatrical pedants who find this disrespectful, and worrisome I would suggest that they pass on Finding Neverland. I have seen two previews already and it's a gorgeous production. The audience response has been nearly euphoric.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You