News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Wick3

Wick3 Profile Photo
Member Name: Wick3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Article: OPERATION MINCEMEAT... plots its course to New York  May 8 2024, 12:59:16 PM

I agree. $14m is a lot of money and this is not including the weekly nugget/running costs. 

I think a good number of people who have Netflix here in USA is familiar with the story from watching the movie starring Colin Firth and Matthew MacFadyen on Netflix back in 2021.

As far as accents go, the play Ferryman had strong accents and still recouped on Broadway.

Hopefully it will be able to find enough investors to bring it to Broadway. 

THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL Opening Night Critics’ Revies  May 8 2024, 09:46:04 AM

or maybe entire balcony is reserved for digital rush lottery winners?

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/5/24  May 7 2024, 01:41:44 PM

Did something happen at Wicked? Just baffled by the $340k drop compared to the week before whereas Lion King remained the same. In recent weeks it's been Lion King & Wicked in the top 2 spots.

THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL Opening Night Critics’ Revies  May 7 2024, 10:55:37 AM

If they don’t do a two week notice, I think they’re still obligated to pay the actors for 2 weeks?

THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL Opening Night Critics’ Revies  May 6 2024, 05:25:01 PM

quizking101 said: "Wick3 said: "Hopefully they’ll do a cast album!"

It’s already recorded - just awaiting a release date. Corey Cott mentioned at the SD on opening night that they had a listening party for it a few days prior
"

Thrilled to hear this! I’m hoping they’ll release it soon as it helps with marketing. 

Palace Theatre  May 6 2024, 03:18:07 PM

I hope they did something with the balcony since it seems faaaaaar when sitting up there.

Is Ben Platt Reopening The Palace theatre with a concert for his new Album?  May 6 2024, 03:17:10 PM

I’m just surprised he hasn’t released the full album yet. In my experience I’d listen to the album first and if I like it, then buy a ticket to the concert.

THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL Opening Night Critics’ Revies  May 6 2024, 09:35:54 AM

Hopefully they’ll do a cast album! 

Any luck moving to a closer, empty seat once you’re in the theatre?  May 4 2024, 08:52:09 PM

Had standing room at ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE during previews and after they closed the doors, an usher told us to follow her and she led us to empty seats! That show has a strict no late seating policy.

LEMPICKA closing May 19  May 3 2024, 08:43:01 AM

I enjoyed watching this show and hope a lot of Tony voters will watch it before it closes.

My friend prefers to pronounce the title the Polish way: Lempitska. I’ll admit I prefer it that way too and if there’s ever a revival, would be interesting if they choose to pronounce it that way.

HEART OF ROCK & ROLL - $69/$49 Flash Sale  May 2 2024, 10:48:08 PM

smidge said: "Jordan Catalano said: "They should have done this a month ago :("

They did. Right before opening.
"

When the box office opened 2 months ago they had a $19.85 sale.

Only 3 have swept all the Theatre Awards  May 2 2024, 01:37:36 PM

FLarnhill said: "Zeppie2022 said: "I was wondering how Nathan Lane did not win all awards in 2001 for "The Producers". I did not know until I looked that the "Theater World" award is for performers making their NYC stage debut. I now understand why only three people have swept all these awards."

What's impressive is that these people have swept in their debut.
"

I agree but remember back then Actor's Equity rarely gave foreign actors the opportunity to perform in NYC. They usually had to do an exchange or have a compelling reason to allow the foreign actor to perform on Broadway. In these cases, all 3 foreign actors were already well-established actors when they made their Broadway debut.

I remember back in late 1990s when Hugh Jackman was in the Oklahama! revival in West End, producers wanted to bring him to Broadway but Equity denied the request. Production eventually did go to NYC and starred Patrick Wilson.

HEART OF ROCK & ROLL - $69/$49 Flash Sale  May 2 2024, 11:45:02 AM

Here's the image from their instagram stating the $49/$69 sale up to May 12th. Hopefully this will help them stay afloat.

THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL Opening Night Critics’ Revies  May 2 2024, 11:42:42 AM

I know quizking101 has a separate post on this but just wanted to share the same info here in this thread about the non-premium tix sale until May 12th: $49 balc/mezz and $69 orch seats. No code needed. Go to Telecharge. Note this is only for non-premium seats for performances up to Sunday May 12th.

HEART OF ROCK & ROLL - $69/$49 Flash Sale  May 2 2024, 11:19:17 AM

I bought tix to 3 performances over the next 10 days. SO EXCITED! 

Theatre "Influencers"  May 1 2024, 05:05:29 PM

Is Paul Wontorek a theater influencer?

Theatre "Influencers"  May 1 2024, 02:40:26 PM

ACL2006 said: "dramamama611 said: "I despise the whole influencer culture. But I'm old, what do I know?"

Yeah, I feel the same. All for clicks and likes and follows so someone can attempt to be slightly famous for 5 seconds.
"

Not sure if they want to be famous but the clicks/subscribe/follow definitely helps with their paycheck. 

I do think most preach to the choir since the majority of people following them are theater f

Best Group of Best Musical Nominees  May 1 2024, 01:56:11 PM

Ensemble1713124420 said: "2004 was pretty good:

• Avenue Q
  • Wicked
  • Caroline, or Change
  • The Boy from Oz (don’t know this show but I suspect it’s the weak link of thatyear)

"

I second this but there were no weak links that year. From what I recall, there was no clear frontrunner and any of those shows could have won the Tony. Hugh Jackman made the production of Boy Fro

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/28/24  May 1 2024, 09:48:07 AM

Jonathan Cohen said: "Quit while you're ahead is probably especially true forSondheim shows.Merrily We Roll is also another hit revival of his not attempting replacement casting."

Does Merrily have plans to do a tour? 

THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL Opening Night Critics’ Revies  May 1 2024, 07:03:12 AM

Mr. Wormwood said: "chrishuyen said: "Assuming they have the cash for it (which it sounds like they might?) I'm guessing they'd try to at least run through summer to capitalize on nostalgia and just a feel good musical, though marketing would probably be their biggest hurdle."

They need a better marketing team if they plan to do that. Are the Shucked people available? :)
"

Or the Beautiful Noise marketing folks? The show didn'

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You