News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Wick3

Wick3 Profile Photo
Member Name: Wick3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Richard Simmons "interactive work out musical"?
 Jul 14 2024, 07:23:01 PM

I remember him back in the 80s/90s and his aerobic style fitness videos. May he rest in peace.

'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
 Jul 14 2024, 07:13:39 PM

I hope the cast members get better soon.

A few weeks ago I saw Garnet Williams perform as Grizabella and she was amazing! I heard people sobbing around me and audience gave her a standing ovation after she sings Memory in the second act.

One thing that was a bit confusing for my friends is when is the curtain call and is it ok to videotape it? I've seen youtube videos of curtain call but a friend went this past week and told me when she filmed the curtain call of Shelby

Jul 11 2024, 12:42:55 AM

I was at the performance this evening (Wed evening Jul 10th) and didn't realize ALW was there! Ahhhh! We did see Jane Krakowski in the audience and they also had an ASL interpreter on house left orchestra. From instagram, there were members of House of LaBeija and Royal Haus of Silk in the audience too.

I hope ALW enjoyed it!

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
 Jul 9 2024, 09:54:14 PM

I agree it's Radcliffe who helped sell out this production with his worldwide fanbase. I believe Sondheim only knew of Radcliffe being casted before had passed away. Personally I wished they had casted 3 truly longtime friends in real life (Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson,... and another longtime friend) but I'm also very happy with this trio. I still think this musical would have struggled if it didn't have an A-list celebrity (Radcliffe) in its cast.

Corey Mach ma

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/7/24
 Jul 9 2024, 09:42:02 PM

I think with dynamic pricing more in practice nowadays it's harder to calculate gross potential since it can change week to week by increasing/decreasing premium ticket prices.

Nowadays I look at average ticket price and % capacity.

Jul 8 2024, 11:47:02 PM

dramamama611 said: "They just mean they jacked up their own prices, keeping probablescalpers from buying them because their profit margin would be too low."

I think scalpers were already buying tickets especially for the final performance. 

Producers probably wished they held back more tickets until after the Tonys as they probably could have sold off front orchestra at $1000+ apiece for final performance and perhaps get a gross of over $3 million the las

Jul 7 2024, 07:37:58 PM

Daniel Radcliffe has been leaving for a few seconds during Opening Doors at least for the past 2 months. I agree though I don’t recall him doing that during previews or during its off-Bway run. (I watched Merrily in September during previews and then started watching it again in May/June.)

Horror On Broadway?
 Jul 3 2024, 05:08:29 PM

I watched the southern gothic play COVENANT off-Broadway late last year and it was scary and well done (mostly got positive reviews including an NYT critics pick.) Yes the theater was intimate which certainly helped. I much preferred Covenant over Grey House. 

Broadway Rumors/Whispers
 Jul 3 2024, 11:02:00 AM

I’m guessing A German Life starring Maggie Smith won’t go to Broadway anymore? I recall during pandemic there were rumors but I understand it’s been 5 years since she did the role at the Bridge theater in London.

HELLO, I'M DOLLY bio-musical headed for the stage!
 Jul 2 2024, 06:58:28 PM

You make a good point. If this is going to be a musical comedy, then Bart Sher wouldn’t be the first director I’d think of. Yes I think he’s great for lush revivals but I don’t think I’ve seen any comedies directed by him.

From Here musical about Pulse Nightclub massacre
 Jul 2 2024, 06:50:02 PM

I watched this on Saturday evening and one of the things my friends and I all wondered was how the main protagonist pronounced the word “Pulse” ….. since to us it sounded like he said “Paul’s”. 
Do folks from Orlando pronounce the word “Pulse” like “Paul’s”?

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/30/24
 Jul 2 2024, 06:42:28 PM

Yes the average ticket price this past week for Merrily is $300 but if you look at the grosses week of 5/27-6/2, the average ticket price for Merrily was $149. I believe the lower average ticket price was due to Daniel Radcliffe being out for 4 performances that week.

If you planned it out in advance, you could have watched Merrily at an affordable price like $72 in balcony or at a price you can save up for. I have friends who paid $249 for a cancellation ticket at Merrily. Yes that wa

Jul 1 2024, 06:58:54 PM

BTW, if you buy tickets at the box office, the total is the same price had you bought it online. Just an fyi that it’s not like Broadway where you save money on fees by buying at the box office in person.

3 female musical theatre songs!
 Jun 27 2024, 10:37:57 PM

"Matchmaker" from Fiddler on the Roof

Jun 27 2024, 05:53:02 PM

I saw the jockstrap. I sat in the main orchestra area behind the judges' table. 

I'm sure there are other stuff I missed and need to see this again but in a different section.

OH, MARY! Previews
 Jun 27 2024, 12:59:18 PM

Yup and they upgraded the costumes as well. I know Mary's Teacher and Mary's Chaperone both wore more colorful costumes :) 

Try to arrive and give yourself some time to walk around the lobby/downstairs lounge. There's also a surprise at each of the male urinals.

Jun 27 2024, 12:14:46 PM

Just looked at the Hudson theater ticketing site and for final performance on July 7th, the most expensive ticket as of right now is $999. I don't see the $1299 price anywhere so not sure if someone bought those orchestra seats or if the producers decreased the price to $999.

OH, MARY! Previews
 Jun 27 2024, 12:07:38 PM

quizking101 said: "Did anyone stagedoor? I know sometimes people come out the front or that weird little door on 46th"

Yup I think everyone came out except maybe Bianca. I had to meet friends so I had to leave but before I left, Cole, Conrad, Tony, and James came out the stage door. Each of them took the time to talk to each of us, autograph our pride playbills, and even took a selfie. It was one of the better stage door experiences I've ever experience

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/23/24
 Jun 26 2024, 01:49:12 PM

When I was in 7th grade, The Outsiders was mandatory reading in my school in NJ. Not sure if that book is still mandatory reading for the rest of USA but from talking to friends, we all read it back in school. That alone increases its IP recognition.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/23/24
 Jun 26 2024, 10:55:22 AM

gibsons2 said: "EDSOSLO858 said: "Every show needs a megastar now, both new productions and revivals."

Stereophonics, The Outsiders, HK, MJ would like a word.
"

To be fair the Outsiders, HK, and MJ are all well known IP.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You