News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Wick3

Wick3 Profile Photo
Member Name: Wick3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Jonathan Bailey in Richard II, London 2025
 Jun 21 2024, 09:29:12 AM

Cannot wait. Sadly this means the Guys and Dolls immersive theater will be finishing up soon since it's at the Bridge Theatre.

New Merrily Pro-Shot?
 Jun 20 2024, 09:07:43 AM

Please remember she is several months pregnant (~7 months). I think it's a guarantee all three leads will be there Thursday and Friday. 

I wouldn't be surprised if she took Saturday off to rest and come back Sunday but who knows.

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
 Jun 19 2024, 11:36:26 PM

I'm not really sure how bonuses work on Broadway for front of house folks. Given how Patti once said her salary came from her show's producer, I just thought bonuses come from the show's producers.  For Music Man, I guess if it's not the producers then it's probably Hugh who gave bonuses to the ushers. All I know is my friend who is an usher there was very very happy to get that unexpected bonus check!

Broadway Bares Hit the Strip Sunday
 Jun 19 2024, 11:31:03 PM

It is a fun evening though if you're going to do general admission floor standing, hopefully you're tall! I went to Broadway Bares 20 years ago when floor standing room general admission entry was $40. It was a lot of fun but my legs were definitely tired after the show. 

Nowadays I'd rather donate my money at Bway flea in the fall (I believe it's on Sept 22nd this year!)

Jun 19 2024, 09:00:52 PM

TaffyDavenport said: "Has a regularly priced Broadway ticket even been as high as $1299 ($1249 plus $50 in fees)? Seems unlikely."

Yeah the premium price tickets online for the final performance July 7th is $1299! Wow! Is that a record on Broadway? I recall Hello Dolly front row premium tix on weekends cost $999.

Since this show has recouped and clearly doing well, hopefully the production will give a bonus to the ushers at the Hudson. I hea

Jun 19 2024, 12:21:26 PM

I also sat front row mezz/dress circle last night! To me those seats have the best view at the Hudson! No heads in front of you. Close enough to see facial expressions/tears yet far enough to see the big picture. That starry sky at the end was magical.

As for Maria Friedman, I'm not too familiar with her work but I recall listening to a podcast where they said Merrily is the only time she ever directed a stage production. If that is true, then I'm interested to s

New Merrily Pro-Shot?
 Jun 19 2024, 10:22:19 AM

The applause on the first song was AMAZING! Each actor who entered the stage received an applause! Very happy for them!

Even though the chemistry amongst the trio cast are a lot stronger now, I was more emotional when I saw them the first time at NYTW off-broadway. 

With this Merrily pro-shot, hopefully they’ll find a distributor before the other Merrily movie comes out. 

New Merrily Pro-Shot?
 Jun 18 2024, 05:28:04 PM

I went to box office today and there’s a sign stating they are filming the performance this evening!!!!!!

Tony Award Viewership Decline Over the Years
 Jun 18 2024, 10:54:54 AM

To increase viewership, it may help to have a host who has a popular talk show that has a built-in audience already. Folks like Stephen Colbert, Seth Meyers, Drew Barrymore, Jimmy Kimmel, Jimmy Fallon, Jennifer Hudson, etc.

This is why there’s that bump in viewership back in 1997 (Rosie O’Donnell hosting) and 2016 (James Corden hosting.)

THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL to close on June 23
 Jun 18 2024, 10:39:20 AM

Got my ticket for closing. Such a fun musical. Great cast and wish them the best! 

I think this show caters to the same demographic as A Beautiful Noise which is closing end of this month.

Jun 18 2024, 06:17:06 AM

That’s true. Normally in recent years the Tonys was held the Sunday before Father’s Day. Not sure why it was held on Father’s Day this year. 

THE LEHMAN TRILOGY to return to London
 Jun 17 2024, 09:41:06 PM

I watched it several times in NYC and recall its Park Ave Armory run was sold out and it was one of the very few shows on Broadway that never canceled a performance due to COVID positive test from cast member.

Jun 17 2024, 09:38:30 PM

iabwayfan said: "LINK

Honest question. If this is accurate and last night was the 2nd lowest ever (3.5 mil) what needs to change? Is it important to the American Theatre Wing or the Broadway Leaguefor this to improve with the rise of social media? Just wondering. Also, are those 2 spikes due to the year prior RENT attracting new viewers and the year of excitement for Hamilton? Thoughts?

"

The 1997 bump was due to Rosie O’Donnell hosting and promoting it during her daily talk show back in 1997.

https://www.nytimes.com/1997/06/03/theater/tv-ratings-for-tony-show-rise-35-percent.html

Jun 17 2024, 04:20:38 PM

Thank you! The $25 discount helps but at the same time, know that this is through the secondary ticket reseller site vividseats.

Given the prices are $$$ even with the discount, I think for peace of mind it's best to buy directly from the box office.

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 17 2024, 12:45:05 PM

Broadway Flash said: "Cabaret winning set was definitely for the theatre renovation. The whole idea of this production is that it’s immersive and its cabaret at the Kit Kat klub even tho it’s not really a set"

True but with cocktails starting at $29, a very very expensive Kit Kat Klub!!!!!! lol

New Merrily Pro-Shot?
 Jun 17 2024, 12:39:59 PM

I don't think you understood my reference and it was wishful thinking. Rannells/Gad/James were all in Book of Mormon back in 2011 and are actual 'ol friends in the industry. I'm sure there are other trios that can work... especially those who have been friends over a span of 10-15 years.

As much as I love Groff/Radcliffe/Mendez trio, they became good friends through the show itself the past 2 years, hence why the chemistry is so good now compared to seeing it duri

New Merrily Pro-Shot?
 Jun 17 2024, 12:10:11 PM

dramamama611 said: "(Not sure if I posted this in the original Merrily thread)

I'm at the show on the 18th, I've not rec'd any notice of filming. And while, yes, this very well could be a proshot, I'm curious it it might be more of a documentary - esp with the filiming starting right after the Tony Awards. With all the press the main 3 + Maria have been doing, you'd think they'd give them a break before filming unless there was a very specific reaso

This past weekend of understudies
 Jun 17 2024, 11:32:18 AM

No surprise here but Lindsey Mendez was out when we watched Merrily this past weekend.

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 17 2024, 11:15:44 AM

Below is a youtube link to thew 2016 Tony performance of Waitress with Sara Bareilles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAN3qyHfKOo

After Sara's short stint it went back to Jessie Mueller.

I didn't mind Alicia Keys performing on TV but I wish it went back to Maleah and put the focus more on the cast.

The 77th Annual Tony Award Snubs!
 Jun 17 2024, 12:03:36 AM

brdwybound04 said: "I’m am shocked, floored, and gutted that Maria Friedman was snubbed and robbed of her Best Direction Tony!! She single handedly saved “Merrily” from the ash heaps of musical theatre failure, yet somehow did not win!?!?!?"

I think Maria did great work but this production is for the most part the same one back in West End over 10 years ago. The only difference was the cast. Remember the production was even brought to Boston&nb

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You