Profile for Wick3

Wick3 Profile Photo
Member Name: Wick3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC  Feb 21 2024, 11:58:10 PM

I sat in the mezz and had no issues with the sound. Loved it! I didn't know anything about the show beforehand but loved the music. Joaquina was amazing! I didn't recognize Oak at first. I thought it was so cool to see the original Hunnies from 1992 perform the same roles in 2024!!!!!! They were great!

An Oversaturated Spring? Data and opinions...  Feb 21 2024, 02:22:42 PM

Does anyone remember the last time 18+ shows opened on Broadway in a span of one month (April)?

I'm happy for Broadway but the realist part of me also thinks there will be plenty of discounts.

Cole Escola is Mary Todd Lincoln in OH, MARY! Off-Broadway  Feb 18 2024, 10:47:24 AM

Wow I just checked their website this morning and it looks like the rest of its run is sold out! Good for them!!!!

DOUBT 2024 Previews  Feb 18 2024, 10:45:33 AM

I also wonder if they asked other actors to perform as Father Flynn.

Other stage actors who we've recently seen portrayed as priests on TV are Andrew Scott (Fleabag as "the hot priest" on TV and Vanya on West End) and Colin Donnell (Irreverent as the impostor priest on Aussie TV/Peacock and Shark is Broken on Broadway.) Both are goodlooking, charming, age appropriate, and have recently done shows on West End or Broadway. 

I did enjoy Schreiber&#

DOUBT 2024 Previews  Feb 15 2024, 07:36:16 AM

MemorableUserName said: "Just noticed the updated photos with Ryan on the Roundabout website. Found it interesting that where Daly looked uncertain and in...doubt, Ryan looks harder and more...sinister? Wonder if that will be a difference in her interpretation of the role.

"

I was able to get rush tickets last night too (sat in mezz) and I’d agree Amy’s interpretation was more on that side. Both she and Liev did a great job and though I was doubtful of the age difference at first, it didn’t bother me at all after watching the show. Liev impressed me too and I plan to see it again  after opening but in front orchestra. 

Broadway Cares ripped for directing funds to Gaza  Feb 14 2024, 12:26:37 AM

It does seem like false advertising. I watch over 100 performances on Broadway each year and during the BCEFA fundraising period, the actors after curtain call who talk about BCEFA mainly mention how it helps HIV+ folks in the theater community who need financial assistance.

However, given all that we see in the news/social media in Gaza right now, if the actors also mention BCEFA is helping Doctors of the World and International Rescue Committee, I think audience members who sympathize with Gaza people would donate money too.

Duet Musical Numbers that have a gay guy and straight girl well any girl. (We’re both NOT poc)  Feb 11 2024, 11:43:13 PM

"Best Friend" from Bare.

Wicked Movie Musical Teaser  Feb 11 2024, 07:23:33 PM

Yeah i also thought too much CGI.

They both looked older than college/university students. I just hope it won't have the same backlash as Dear Evan Hansen movie.

Broadway Replacement Flop Era?  Feb 11 2024, 09:59:04 AM

When there are Broadway replacements, do they have an invited dress rehearsal the day before (similar to those before first preview)?

Musical adaptation of TRICK rom-com in the works by film writer  Feb 7 2024, 05:35:24 PM

I remember this movie! I’m guessing one of the songs will be the “Enter you” song that was sung by Tori Spelling in the movie.

i also liked the song “Trick of Fate” that was sung in the end credits by Valerie Pinkston. Not sure if they can incorporate that song in the musical.

SIX On Broadway launches Royalty Program with rewards  Feb 6 2024, 01:12:08 PM

Cool idea. I can see fans who live in NYC or tri-state area doing this — if they have the time and money. Going 30 times is not cheap especially when average ticket price for the show is around $100. 

An Oversaturated Spring? Data and opinions...  Jan 29 2024, 02:07:43 PM

Normally my friends who are substitute ushers can always pickup shifts in December or Apr/May when a good number of theaters are occupied.

This time, however, literally all the available theaters are occupied. 38 out of 41 theaters! Majestic is under renovation; Palace is being built and I think Belasco is the only free theater since How to Dance in Ohio is closing?

In addition to ushers, there are merch/security/bar/accessible vendors who may be hiring too.

The Search for Dolly Parton  Jan 28 2024, 05:51:42 PM

pmensky said: "Doing a bio musical that covers the time period from her childhood to present day sounds very tedious and more appropriate for Branson than Broadway. It would be more interesting and entertaining using one actress and focusing on the period of her life beginning when she first arrived on the music scene in the mid 1960s to when she became a household name in the early 80s."

agreed or have it be 2 musicals (one focusing on her younger days

The Search for Dolly Parton  Jan 28 2024, 01:04:55 PM

I hope it works out but somehow the 3 Dollys structure reminded me of the Cher Show.

An Oversaturated Spring? Data and opinions...  Jan 25 2024, 11:28:13 PM

I recall during the pandemic people were worried that Broadway will only be full of the long-running shows like Wicked, Lion King, Aladdin, Book of Mormon, Hamilton, Wicked, Phantom, Chicago, etc. and that half the theaters would sit empty.

Now, people are complaining there are too many new shows?!?!!? I seriously don't remember the last time this many theaters were occupied at the same time. I say kudos to Broadway! 

As a local New Yorker, I plan to watch all of them e

An Oversaturated Spring? Data and opinions...  Jan 25 2024, 02:52:44 PM

If you’re looking for a theater front of house job there might be openings.

London West End Trip for September/October  Jan 23 2024, 11:23:00 PM

If you're an Imelda Staunton fan, watch HELLO DOLLY! The limited engagement is until mid-September.

Also keep slots open as we don't know yet some of the productions coming in the fall.

HOW TO DANCE IN OHIO to close on February 11  Jan 21 2024, 07:28:16 PM

I also thought it would close Presidents Day weekend. Perhaps another production is eyeing this season and wanted that theater? Or perhaps if more people bought tickets after the closing announcement they might extend an extra week?

Broadway Sunset Will Be Open Ended Run  Jan 21 2024, 12:44:46 PM

The Sunday in the Park with George musical revival back in 2017 recouped after 56 performances (7-8 weeks) on Broadway so it is possible to recoup within 3 months depending on the star power, how much $$$ fans are willing to pay, and of course, the budget.

Broadway Bar Price Comparison Project  Jan 20 2024, 10:16:26 AM

I think food/bev pricing are determined by the vendors the theater group owner uses and not by the production. If that’s the case, you may be better off contacting the vendor the theater group (Shubert/Nederlander/Jujamcyn) uses and get the prices directly from them. You may notice all Shubert houses to have the same food/bev prices; all Nederlander houses to have the same food/bev prices, and all Jujamcyn houses to have the same food/bev prices.
I know some of them (Jujamcyn and S

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You