News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TWskotd

Member Name: TWskotd
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

BEST LITTLE WHOREHOUSE IN TEXAS Coming to Broadway; Rob Ashford to Direct!
 Aug 7 2014, 07:12:31 PM
I've known for a couple of years...Carol Hall was at the Duplex one night and I talked with her for a bit and said it was high time for a Whorehouse revival and she said that they were hoping to get one up by 2015. I for one am ecstatic, especially after the horrible tour that went out in 2001.
I think Reba would be amazing. I'd also kill to see Carolee Carmello,Nancy Opel, or Beth Leavel.
If they could (please) consider a non-star for Sheriff Dodd - I have to throw my friend James Anthony into the ring. This St. Louis based actor is the best Dodd I have ever seen or worked with. I have done the show three times regionally, and was lucky to work with him in an incredible production in Galveston Texas in 1993- helmed by Art Yelton (who worked on the original Houston production ) and featuring the supreme Sharon Wilkins as Jewel!) Jim's sheriff is funny as hell and touching in the most unexpected places. Jim has done the role at least five other theatres including Marriott Lincolnshire in Chicago (for which he was received a Jeff nomination) and in 2000 at Casa Manana in Ft Worth (with Julie Johnson as Ms. Mona - she was a hit in Off-Broadway's short lived hit Das Barbecu back in 1994...hell I'd love to see her come back to NY!) He's a little older now, but I know he could still do it. He recently was in the MUNY production of Seussical with John Tartaglia, Liz Mikel, Julia Murney, and Kirsten Wyatt. Rob Ashford...are ya reading?
http://muny.org/shows/seussical

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You