News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for HSky

Member Name: HSky
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

THE LAST SHIP - STING  Jan 20 2020, 04:03:05 PM
The new song list is up on the Wikipedia page. "The Night the Pugilist Learned How to Dance" is still in the show and still acts as a bonding moment between Gideon and his child. Rather than being in the jail cell, it's in the apartment (forgive my memory, but I think it's Gideon's dad's old place) but feels like a lighter dance number compared to the original.
THE LAST SHIP - STING  Jan 20 2020, 11:39:12 AM
The new physical production is mostly played with projections against a steel scaffolding set of ladders and catwalks that echoes the shipyard feel. The projections make for some stunning ones like stained glass when Jackie and Peggy are in the church reminiscing before "So to Speak," and some that feel a little cheap like the end shot of the ship with Utopia prominently displayed on the hull. There isn't anything like the rain effect from Broadway.
THE LAST SHIP - STING  Jan 19 2020, 09:13:27 PM

bwayboy22 said: "Can you share about the changes a little more in depth? I also saw it twice in its original Broadway run and I absolutely loved it.I'm wondering whether to make the trip to DC to see it or just enjoy my memories."

Even if I didn't love the revised production as much,  I'm probably going to try and see it again in DC, too. Some of the changes are in the spoiler tag below.

THE LAST SHIP - STING  Jan 18 2020, 09:44:29 PM
I saw the original twice on Broadway then saw the revised edition twice last year in Toronto. I personally preferred the original, which had more of a focus on Gideon's personal journey. The revised version focuses a bit more on the town of Wallsend.
CYRANO (The New Group) Previews  Oct 16 2019, 10:31:34 AM
I agree with the comments above. I also had hopes for this show, but it doesn't feel polished. The music was a mixed bag. Cyrano's first song was an awkward rap that kept lending itself to unflattering comparisons with "Alexander Hamilton" in my mind and it didn't fit stylistically with anything else Peter Dinklage sang. There were also some rhymes in the final song (no song titles in the playbill) that sounded like an exercise flipping through a rhyming dictionary.

I did enjoy the und

CYRANO (The New Group) Previews  Oct 15 2019, 01:57:26 PM
I'm going tonight - what was the approximate running time for the show?
2019-2020 Touring Season  May 18 2019, 06:35:58 PM
I see a couple of mentions of Once on the 2019-20 announcements. Does this mean there's going to be another non-Equity tour?
The Band's Visit tour cast  Apr 25 2019, 12:50:53 AM

Um Kulthum said: "Though it seems odd that he'd announce it himself so long before any official word, so IDK."

Yes, it's true.

Audience Rewards  Apr 11 2019, 11:58:07 AM
Confirming what's stated above, it's fairly easy to link AR at the Shubert-owned box offices. I keep my number stickied in my notes app for quick reference.

I hate buying Ticketmaster online via mobile because it doesn't give me a popup that usually appears at the end on the desktop site asking me to enter my number, but I've usually had luck with the retro credit form in those instances.

For retro credit, the one thing to keep in mind is that you should do it before the perfor

Emergency Alert System Test Tomw During Matinees  Oct 4 2018, 04:55:16 PM

Hamilton had text added above the usual cast list on the playbill insert asking everyone to turn off their phones due to the test, and during the preshow announcement, Euan Morton mentioned the national test and then said, "I'll wait." with a prolonged gap of 20-30 seconds before wrapping up. No phones went off during Act 1, but there was one during Act 2.

Extra stuff  Oct 1 2018, 02:16:28 PM
After seeing some of the other lists, I wish I had bothered to dig through a few bins for scripts, CDs, and stuff, but on the other hand it was less stressful not trying to peruse through bins. I'm regretting not grabbing an Arena Stage DEH windowcard but I wasn't originally planning on buying anything that big and carrying it around while seeing 2 shows until they had the regular ones going for $5 after my matinee.

Once keychain, shot glass, ornament, beanie, Falling Slowly t-shir

Once @ the Arden in Philly  Sep 26 2018, 12:44:32 PM
I saw the first preview and thought the way they presented it in the round was very clever. It worked out very well to define a street setting for transitions and I particularly loved how they took advantage of it during "Sleeping."

Much like the Paramount Aurora production I saw in Illinois earlier this year, I felt like the relationship between Guy and Girl was given less restraint and more room to breathe compared to the original.

With Once being one of my favorite shows an

BCEFA Flea Market Collectors Unite!  Sep 13 2018, 03:23:37 PM

smidge said: "Did Once ever have an actual window card? I have a poster with Milioti and Kazee but was a standard window card produced when they left the cast?"

Yes, although I'm not sure if there's one of the original design specifically from the Broadway run. I was lucky enough to win two rare window cards in contests run via their social media team - one of them was a special edition one in landscape orientation with quotes from the show all around th

Best understudy you've ever seen?  Aug 25 2018, 07:51:39 PM

dianamorales said: "I feel like I've raved about him so many times on this website, but until he gets the recognition he deserves- John Rapson as Javert in the Les Mis revival was unreal. I still think about it all the time and its been years."

I regret not having the chance to see him go on as Javert but got to see his Sweeney Todd several weeks ago, and he was magnificent. Some of my other Les Mis favorite understudies were Kurk Davidson (going back to the 3NT)

Places to Eat in Times Square  Aug 15 2018, 07:57:33 AM

suicidalmickeymouse said: "What does everyone reccomend for sushi?"

Depending on how much I feel like spending,  I either go to Kodama Sushi across from Kinky Boots for a true sit down or to Wasabi on 40th and 7th, which is a casual grab and go counter place.

Other various repeat faves are Juniors, John's Pizzeria, Don Antonio, Ippudo, Red Poke, Bonchon, Gotham West (dessert from Ample Hills!), and 5 Napkin Burger. Depending on timing you mig

Jeff Daniels -- TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD contract?  Aug 15 2018, 07:54:53 AM
Yes, he did stage door after Blackbird.
Best Pastries on Broadway?  Aug 13 2018, 09:13:31 PM

Bouchon Bakery in Rockefeller Center or Columbus Circle. (Thumbs up to Donna Bells, too. Love their biscuits.)

Traveling home with window cards  Aug 12 2018, 12:52:35 AM
I've asked a hotel for an old box and made a corrugated cardboard sandwich to further protect the windowcard in the past. (In that case, it was just small enough to fit in the dimensions of my small rollaboard suitcase but I could have carried it on otherwise.)
The Play That Goes Wrong Rush Tickets  Aug 6 2018, 11:23:34 AM
The view from the balcony isn't bad. I've been in the last row and had no issues.
CHESS at the Kennedy Center  Feb 16 2018, 11:51:49 AM
It wasn't just Freddie, the CIA agent rarely had a swear-free interaction.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You