News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Teleferix

Member Name: Teleferix
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

An American in Paris first performance
 Dec 27 2014, 07:19:47 AM
Back to the Théâtre du Châtelet for a second performance !

Thanks to Santa Claus, I had a ticket for yesterday evening (12/26) and I have to admit that there is a clear evolution compared to the rehearsal. The choreography has slightly evolved, there are new accessories and the show has been shorten a little bit I think making it more flowing.

It is also globally stronger and more efficient. I had a seat further from the stage and thus had the opportunity to appreciate the scen

Nov 26 2014, 06:31:04 PM
The 21 musicians of the orchestra do a pretty good job of it. I was surprised of the quality of their "gershwin sound". Because modern orchestration is not anymore, due to the size of Broadway theatre, about full strings or horns sections, it is of course different of what you could expect from the movie. But it is actually lighter and more expressive I think. The French musicians can of course too play Gershwin as they could play Bernstein or Loewe..... But because it is the orchestra of the Th
 Nov 26 2014, 04:31:55 PM
There are four ballets with : " concerto in f for piano and orchestra", "second rhapsody for piano and orchestra", "an American in Paris" and the epilogue. The first rhapsody (also known as rhapsody in blue) is not in the show.
 Nov 23 2014, 11:15:10 AM
Rob Fisher did I think a pretty good job with a nice new orchestration, adding new parts to the musical and dealing with a small orchestra (21 musicians). The Théâtre du Châtelet can actually welcome more musicians under the stage but not the Broadway theatres so Rob designed its music in order to fit a smaller theatre and the result is great.
 Nov 22 2014, 10:18:03 AM
It is true that with the Eurostar, it should be easy for you to come in Paris (and actually not so expensive because the best tickets are only at 85€. Broadway is soooo expensive...)

Max von Essen is playing Henri Baurel and is a really convincing parisian dandy. The audience appreciated a lot its solo performances (but I can't tell you more or in mp) and I have to admit that he embodies the image of the Parisian man of the end of the forties. I never saw him before so I am unable to ma

Nov 22 2014, 06:32:02 AM
Thanks for your answers ! The opening night will probably be amazing (especially in Paris).

Robert Fairchild did a pretty awesome performance, in a really different way that Gene Kelly I think. It was to me lighter, finally not so Gershwin-style looking, but contemporary dance has evolved so much over fifty years that it would be hard to make an objective comparison.

The ballets (and of course the second act dream ballet) are what enhanced the show a lot, making it maybe more

Nov 21 2014, 06:59:38 PM
It is usually hard to be a Broadway fan when you are not living in NYC or even not American at all. It is my case as I'm French. But tonight, the best place to be was definitely the Théâtre du Châtelet, in Paris, where the first performance ever of An American in Paris took place.

I have seen a lot of musicals, including a dozen of Broadway performances as I was in NYC this summer, but tonight, waiting two hours in the cold for such a show was absolutely justified. It was incredible. Si

Les Miz's Autograph ID's
 Aug 19 2014, 10:20:48 AM
Bump ?
Les Miz's Autograph ID's
 Aug 15 2014, 06:22:07 AM
Yes, it is probably right ! I am sure for Cliff Saunders. Only three more to identify. Thank you very much for your help !
Les Miz's Autograph ID's
 Aug 14 2014, 06:09:15 PM
Hi !

I'm trying to identify all my autographs on my playbills but I do not succeed with the last one of my collection : i cannot name five signatures. Could you please help me ?

Thank you very much,

Teleferix

Image : (sorry for quality) http://imgur.com/Bg92hw2

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You