News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for leeleecocororo

Member Name: leeleecocororo
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway Actors who went to your school.
 Feb 16 2017, 12:29:15 PM

Ellen Greene went to my high school (very much not at the same time as me). I went to Pace for college so...

Is Stephen Schwartz's decision on the right track?
 Apr 3 2016, 05:54:51 PM

I think it was the right decision. If people are angry about it, they should not direct their anger towards Stephen Schwartz but to Governor McCrory. They should be calling their legislators about repealing HB2. That's the point. It's not to punish those who live in North Carolina but to motivate them to take action and persuade the lawmakers of NC to get rid of this ridiculous and dangerous bill. 

From what I understand he did not pull the licensing rig

Can someone tell me the reason why washington and burr and hamilton arent white?
 Mar 30 2016, 07:21:55 PM

Can someone tell me the reason why Radames and Amneris are white?

The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
 Aug 13 2015, 10:29:31 AM

Bloodsong of Love

Met Stops Blackface Use
 Aug 5 2015, 04:13:32 PM

"to be completely honest, its a different game when it comes to opera. Musical theatre, sure yea, thats every genre of music and you can find all different types of people doing it. Its not really like that in the opera as theres not that many black opera singers. I think its a cultural thing as many black people are into rap, r+b, soul, jazz, ragtime, and blues
Neon, tell me how much YOU know about the opera world?"

That was just

Met Stops Blackface Use
 Aug 5 2015, 04:06:54 PM

"This stuff still happens today. Its just a question of whether you're trying to make it as realistic as possible or have the audience use their imagination. I think you can get away with doing black face on stage because there is some artistic license there, and you're playing a character in another continent. 
On another note, I am SOOOOO excited for this as I love Bart Sher and love this opera!! (I rarely go to the opera btw lol)"

<

Deaf West Spring Awakening to NYC?
 Jul 1 2015, 10:15:44 AM

Spring Awakening is headed to Broadway

Best Musicals for Kids
 Jun 19 2015, 09:13:41 AM

I would recommend The King and I. I saw that show when I was about 6 or 7 the last time it was revived. 

CBS pulling the plug?
 Jun 9 2015, 11:03:32 AM

The good news for people who are always nervous about Tony Award ratings is Les Monves told me that he loves Broadway and as long as he runs CBS, they will always do the Tony Awards.

Broadway Jeopardy Question
 May 26 2015, 12:04:03 PM

"Perhaps they mean a Christian hymn and a Jewish holiday song."

They did, they said a Christian hymn and a Jewish holiday hymn. Two didn't put down anything and the champion wrote down Kinky Boots. 

Longest Running Show That Received No Tony nominations
 Apr 27 2015, 12:27:37 PM

""Ironically, every new musical from the 96-97 season flopped. "
 Wait, wasn't RENT from that season?"

I believe RENT was from the season before, 95-96.

Seth's Broadway Chatterbox
 Apr 22 2015, 08:53:45 AM

I don't know who he's having this week but he often books guests last minute. I would check out his twitter, @SethRudetsky, because he'll usually post there or maybe call Don't Tell Mama.

Broadway Shows That Need a Revival
 Mar 14 2015, 02:28:41 PM
Torch Song Trilogy
Runaways
Carousel
Oklahoma

Lena halls replacement
 Mar 2 2015, 05:04:46 PM
As it's her mother who is Jewish, technically she's full Jewish, not half. I am super excited about this, she's fantastic and I'm sure will be great in this role.
New York Spring Spectacular
 Feb 13 2015, 11:13:54 AM
TDF actually has tickets for this. I see May 3 @ 5pm available. $45 tix, seating is either in the orchestra or 1st mezzanine.
Standing room tickets for The Elephant Man
 Feb 13 2015, 10:07:10 AM
"For those of you who don’t know, some theaters offer highly discounted tickets for the insane people who are willing to stand for an entire show and risk swollen ankles in the name of dirt cheap tickets."

If you get swollen ankles from standing for only two hours I suggest you see a doctor.

Broadway Twitters
 Feb 11 2015, 04:05:33 PM
All of the above and Alex Wyse
BIG LOVE at Signature Theatre
 Feb 8 2015, 09:32:45 AM
I saw this Friday night. I liked it, I didn't love it. It was super weird and was quite possibly as exhausting to watch as it was to perform. Everyone in the cast was exceptional. I felt like I was either getting a little bored (during the monologues) or I was overwhelmed (during the scenes where a million different things are happening at once). I'd recommend it for people who enjoy non-traditional theater, who enjoy things where you don't quite understand what is happening all the time. There
10 Reasons why
 Jan 6 2015, 09:55:03 AM
Re: #4 is it though? Do Rent and If/Then not count?
How is Soul Doctor coming back AGAIN!?
 Nov 10 2014, 11:26:29 AM
I'd imagine Neshama Carlebach has something to do with it. Her boyfriend is playing Shlomo.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You