News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for downhillskier

Member Name: downhillskier
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: Boston tryout  Jul 16 2022, 09:06:46 AM

Lina Lamont said: "Does anyone know of any discount codes for this (while it's still in Boston, not for the NY transfer)? 

Any new promo codes? So much availability, and no discounts? 

Just wondering...Those that have attended, how full is the house???

1776 Broadway revival cast for 2021  Jun 12 2022, 08:43:35 AM

We saw it last night and I am in agreement with what most have said. We found the 1st act to drag. We really enjoyed the second act, which got better and better and ended on a high note. If you live or are visiting the area, it is worth seeing. The ART, as it always has, provides a local audience a great opportunity to see wonderful broadway talent, in an intimate venue, at low ticket costs. There is not a bad seat in the house. 

Kudos to ART in making our 1st post pandemic theate

Six at the ART  Aug 29 2019, 11:37:41 AM

LOVED it!

Teriffic Fun show! Great cast, great music &, funny . HIstory made so current .After seeing it last Friday, I thought the lenght was just right . I was previously concerned that it would be too short. As much as I would have liked to enjoy for a longer time period, I felt it worked in the 75ish minutes. THey told their story and made it fun, can't imagine how it could be lengthened.

The gals were great at ART's wonderfully civilized indoor "stage door&

We Live in Cairo at ART  May 29 2019, 05:15:35 PM

Has anyone else seen this?

We are going on Friday.

CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY National Tour  Jan 24 2019, 02:56:01 PM

It was a fun night out in Boston for a discounted partial view front Orch seat, however I would not recommend it at a higher cost. I enjoy most musicals, but this would be close to the bottom of my list. My husband is a fan of the first movie, and enjoyed it more than I did, Tons of kids in the audience Friday evening. They were fans of the more recent movie and seemed to enjoy it. I thought it was one of the worst scores I have heard. Hard to hear the lyrics. The music, IMO , all went downhi

Magic Mike in Boston  Jan 24 2019, 02:44:59 PM

Happy that the Colonial is getting another pre- broadway tryout. Not so happy with the pricing, seems high for pre broadway  previews. I know they want to recoup the renovation, however expecting these prices a year in advance for something brand new without any casting announced ! Disappointing. Guess I've been spoiled by pre Broadway tryouts at the American Repertory. I did go to Moulin Rouge the final weekend and it was worth it, however for Magic Mikke, Really!

Torch Song, The Prom or King Kong  Dec 14 2018, 02:29:44 PM

See the Prom! Great show and terrific score! The cast recording dropped today. Listen to it. Reminds me how much I enjoyed it!

The Prom or Mean Girls?  Nov 8 2018, 05:22:03 PM

Definitely the PROM!

We enjoyed them both.

Saw them the same weekend, Mean Girls is fun Fluff. The Prom, as has been noted on this board, is special and memorable. Score is far superior. No contest!

THE PROM Previews  Nov 1 2018, 01:28:09 PM

billyelliotfan123 said: "Cast Album comes out Dec 14!"

Yay!

Frozen or Anastasia!?  Oct 30 2018, 05:10:58 PM

WICKED Period!

In my opinion, Nothing else compares for a 1st visit to Broadway!  Nothing else compares period!

Anastasia was nice, and  I haven't been impressed by the clips I have seen of Frozen. Stick with the animated versions.

Lion King would be a good choice for a second show.

Mean Girls, Bands' Visit or Summer?  Oct 29 2018, 04:38:18 PM

Thanks for all the input. We are a suburban baby boomer couple visiting from Boston. Had to delay the Band's Visit for another time with a different  theater companion. I think it might have been too slow and quiet for my husband. He tends to like big bold musicals. I like a broad range. Ended up with Mean Girls. It was fun enjoyable fluff or a rainy Saturday. Then saw the Prom on Sunday due to the responses on this board. Extremely enjoyable and would definately recommend over

THE PROM Previews  Oct 29 2018, 04:30:44 PM

Thanks so much to all who recommended this great show! Was visiting for the weekend and trying to decide what else to see. The Prom was not on my radar previously. Saw it Sunday due to reviews on this board and my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed, as did the entire audience. Definitely a crowd pleaser. We are passing on the recommendation to all we know in NYC and visiting. Thanking those who post thoughtful reviews. This is a great resource. Wishing this show success!

THE PROM Previews (possible spoiler ahead)  Oct 27 2018, 12:49:56 AM

Became interested in this show after reading the threads. Checked out tickets for this weekend and I was surprised and dissapointed to see  there is very limited availability, especially in discounted tickets. Just a few ORCH seats at full price. Seem to be selling. Any other discounts out there??

Mean Girls, Bands' Visit or Summer?  Oct 26 2018, 02:59:56 PM

Coming to NYC soon and have seen the majority of musicals out now. I know these are all totally different types of shows. Curious for feedback. Thanks.

Moulin Rouge Colonial Theatre Previews  Jul 11 2018, 11:54:35 AM

How did you like the Table Seating? Would you recommend buying tickets for the tables or several rows from the front in the orch? I run to the restroom just as the lights come down at intermission. Will this be a problem at the tables? 

thanks

Cruel Intentions the Musical  Dec 22 2017, 05:46:26 PM

Curious to hear more reviews on this show. Heading to NYC next week and thought it might be a fun night out,

Come from away or the great comet?.  Feb 26 2017, 10:11:58 PM

I agree, Come From Away! Saw both pre-broadway, Comet in Cambridge and CFA in DC. Comet is very different. CFA really stuck with me. Such an uplifting story from such a horrific time! 

Cabaret Tour  Feb 3 2017, 01:27:05 PM

Has any one seen it recently?

Boston Globe Review:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/arts/theater/dance/2017/02/02/cabaret-delivers-timely-jolt/FhKwsKqiZWZZ9cBZYXNdxN/story.html

Looking forward to seeing it this weekend!

SOMETHING ROTTEN! National Tour Thread  Jan 23 2017, 10:11:18 AM

Saw it last night in Boston. We thought it was throughly entertaining and a lot of fun! The audience seemed to be in agreement. Haven't heard cheers & laughs that loud in a while at the Opera house. I thought the entire cast was terrific, totally isync and impressive this early in the run. The bigger fan you of broadway musicals, the more you will enjoy this show. So many references to shows of old and new, some subtle some obvious. Don't read to much into it, just go with an

SOMETHING ROTTEN! National Tour Thread  Jan 18 2017, 10:01:37 AM

Has anyone seen it in Boston yet?

I have tickets for this weekend. Looking forward to it!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You