News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Crazy NooNooHead

Crazy NooNooHead Profile Photo
Member Name: Crazy NooNooHead
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: https://noonooheadknits.patternbyetsy.com
Blog Address:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Last Performance Experiences  Aug 15 2019, 12:22:53 AM

I was at The Play That Goes Wrong's closing performance on Broadway. During the ledger scene where Chris yells at the audience, Mark Evans said, "If you're going to behave this way, go get tickets to Be More Chill the musical!" The audience loved that!

Avenue Q Closing Day Love Thread  May 27 2019, 01:21:26 AM

I got to see it twice on Broadway and six times at New World Stages, including tonight's closing performance. It's one of my favorite shows, and I miss it already. Thank Q. <3

Beetlejuice Rush  Apr 3 2019, 01:28:15 PM

I rushed yesterday. Got there around 7:45 and was first in line. One other person joined the line around 8:30, and I think it was a little after 9 when more people started showing up. By the time the box office opened, the line almost reached the end of the block. I hope you get to see it soon, and I hope you have a great time!

Explain your favorite broadway show horribly.  Apr 1 2019, 11:22:41 PM

A guy in a purple shirt falls off the wagon because nobody wants to eat his snacks.

Shows that were especially different during development  Mar 19 2019, 01:23:29 AM

darquegk said: "The Book of Mormon originally had a very nasty alternate ending, which can be heard on the composer demo recording. Instead of Elder Cunningham becoming a religious leader and creating a new religion that brings improbable peace to Africa, the original ending was that the Africans misinterpret the story of Christ to the extent that they kill and eat the Mormons, believing God has sent "body and blood" to feed their village. The implication is that they devel

Tony Awards 2019 - Host?  Mar 3 2019, 12:22:32 PM

Mike Barrett said: "Mulaney and Kroll really make sense, not sure they'd do it but God I hope so"

This would have been more relevant for the 2017 ceremony, but I still want them to host as George and Gil.

Unpopular Opinions  Dec 19 2018, 11:46:23 AM

This isn't MY unpopular opinion, but I used to have a friend who saw all six Broadway Hedwigs and said JCM was her least favorite.

Not the reason we aren't friends anymore, but it certainly didn't help. Haha!

Great Numbers in Mediocre/ Bad Shows  Dec 3 2018, 11:58:46 AM

"Nowhere Left To Run" from Amazing Grace is the first one that came to my mind. I wasn't a fan of the show, and I honestly don't even remember the song that well (I had to look the show up on IBDB because I'd even forgotten the title), but I remember loving Chuck Cooper's performance.

Best understudy you've ever seen?  Aug 9 2018, 11:53:16 AM

My third time at The Boys In The Band, I saw Matt McGrath go on for Jim Parsons for the first (and I think the only) time, and really loved his performance! His interpretation was similar to Jim's in many ways, but he still made the role his own.

Shannon Conley was a fantastic Yitzhak in Hedwig. I wish I could have seen her more than once.

When I saw Shuffle Along, Audra McDonald was on for the first act, and then Darlesia Cearcy took over for 

Boys in the Band - Music?  Jul 17 2018, 12:14:52 PM

SellingOut said: "This was really helpful! Thanks. I recognized the songs but couldn’t quite remember what was played or the title/artist. Here’s another one that was played prior to the show... Twenty Five Miles - Edwin Starr. Iremembered that one."

Yay, that's one more! Thank you!

Oddest things you've heard from non theatre people  Jul 16 2018, 10:24:51 PM

This isn't word-for-word, but this is basically a conversation I had with a fellow guest at a wedding reception 5 years ago.

Other guest: What do you do?

Me: I just graduated from college, I'm looking for a job, and I'm hoping to make a career in acting.

Other guest: Are you going to move to California to do movies?

Me: No, what I'd really like to do is perform on Broadway, so I'

Boys in the Band - Music?  Jul 16 2018, 10:14:13 PM

I don't know all of the song titles, but two of the pre-show songs are "Dancing In The Street" (Martha & The Vandellas) and "These Boots Are Made For Walkin'" (not sure who sings that particular version of the song, but it's the last one before the lights go down). During the show, there's "I Say A Little Prayer" (Aretha Franklin), "Heat Wave" (Martha & The Vandellas), and "This Guy's In Love With You" (Herb Al

Saddest songs in musical theater  Jun 28 2018, 12:20:02 PM

Great Dame said: "Everyone is going to hate on me, but "With You" from Ghost was freaking sad. I'm a sucker for the more modern stuff personally, but ya, for me that one is the saddest. That melody is hauntingly beautiful, I cry like a baby haha! It's Quiet Uptown is a really good one too that I saw someone else mention."

I agree! Most of the score to Ghost didn't really stick with me (I liked it at the time, I just don't

Saddest songs in musical theater  Jun 28 2018, 12:35:51 AM

Just reading some of these titles is making me feel things!

"What Would I Do?" from Falsettos is the only song that makes me cry every single time I hear it. Does this stop me from listening to the cast recording on public transportation? Of course not! :-P

So, tell us about yourself.  Jun 20 2018, 09:30:05 AM

I'm an asexual, autistic, alliterating actress in my late 20s, and I've lived in NY my whole life. Kristin Chenoweth's performance as Sally in You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown made me want to pursue acting for a living. I live in NYC and work as a cashier in food service...which I count as acting because keeping a straight face when people ask me if there's meat in the veggie patty is EXTREMELY DIFFICULT. (This has happened twice.) I love seeing and doing theatre, and if I have a free night, I'm usually at a show. If I really love a show and/or an actor in a show, I will see that show over and over again. My favorite is The Book Of Mormon. When I'm not at work or at a show, I'm usually at home knitting or crocheting.

Also, shameless plug: My mom's a playwright, and I get to perform in one of her plays in September at the Hudson Guild. https://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/3496378?cookie_header=1

What do you want them to perform on the tony awards telecast  May 22 2018, 01:21:51 AM

BrodyFosse123 said: "The “Heatwave”(by Martha Reeves & The Vandellas) dance routine from THE BOYS IN THE BAND."

I second this!

THE BOYS IN THE BAND (2018) Previews  Apr 30 2018, 02:06:40 AM

I'll be at the first preview, opening night (which also happens to be my birthday), closing night, and...most likely a bunch in between.

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]  Mar 2 2018, 12:59:17 AM

BroadwayConcierge said: "February 2018 Hamildrop: Weird Al's "Hamilton Polka"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v0c6smpHSk
"

I'm listening to it right now and love it so far! I've been a Weird Al fan for a long time, so I'm happy.

Casting  Feb 6 2018, 12:43:10 PM

Tommy Wiseau as Hedwig.

"YOU'RE (literally) TEARING ME APART!"

Dad need rec's for 5 shows in April please.  Jan 7 2018, 11:15:21 AM

Rush tickets for The Play That Goes Wrong are easy to get. BOM is my favorite, so if it's on your kids' list and you're willing to try the lottery and/or do standing room, I definitely recommend it. You might also be able to get $69 or $79 tickets if you'd rather have the guarantee. I also second The Band's Visit and Sweeney ToddPuffs is also very funny and appears on TDF a lot

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You