News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Jemstar86

Member Name: Jemstar86
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

CARRIE Reviews
 Mar 2 2012, 11:18:35 AM
Good lord there sure are a lot of over-inflated, moronic, and obnoxious fools on this board. Owen and Newintown being the leaders of the pack in my opinion. Blaxx is up there too.

If you have a negative opinion of something that is FINE. It is also fine to share that opinion and to MATURELY discuss why it is that you don't like something. But to constantly belittle something with the same arguments over and over is just stupid. You're being stupid. And yes, you may have the critics on y

SMILE The Musical
 Feb 13 2010, 05:43:50 PM
andi1235, thank you for the info! I wasn't quite sure what they meant by demo and their policy on getting said demo tape was a bit hard to figure out. Thanks for clarifying!

Spikemark, thats so awesome that you worked on the show! The more i find out about it, the more i fall in love with it. If I think of any specific questions, I'll let you know. It was more that I just wanted to get a broad general idea of what the music looked like.

SMILE The Musical
 Feb 13 2010, 08:06:46 AM
Thank you chewy! A friend of mine actually has the cd, and it is really great, I am a huge Howard Ashman fan. His play on words always makes me giggle. But the cd is pretty much him singing and I was really hoping to see how the harmonies divide and etc etc before deciding on the show.
SMILE The Musical
 Feb 12 2010, 11:00:10 PM
Hello Everyone ... I am seriously considering SMILE by Marvin Hamlisch and Howard Ashman for a local theater group, but since it is so unknown and there isn't a cast recording it is really very hard to make an informed decision. Does anyone have a copy of the score/rehearsal/piano score that they would be willing to let me borrow/sell? Or have any idea where I might find one? If so please PM me. Thank you!
What musicals do you consider to be 'cult musicals?'
 Jan 16 2010, 12:24:51 AM
SMILE The Musical! I think it doesn't really count as a cult musical because most people have never heard of it .... but it's a forgotten musical and thats ALMOST the same thing. Plus the musical is wonderful.

And orangeskittles - "Stage Door Manor summer camp for spoiled pubescent theatre geeks" That was a bit rude and out of line, wasn't it? I actually attended Stagedoor Manor for a few years, and believe me, I was in no way spoiled. Are you jealous you couldn't attend? Cuz they had s

re: CARRIE Reading?
 Dec 3 2009, 09:07:34 PM
MB, I can see how it would be easy to say that the creators of this show are using the mid-80s as the time period because it is the time they are most comfortable with. Maybe they are, I don't know them personally. But I do know a bit about their other works and I can assure you that they have done a wide variety of things spanning from the 1970s-2009. You'd be surprised how many film scores Michael Gore has been behind. Anyway, as was also said before, changing the show too much would be a prob
 Dec 3 2009, 08:11:19 PM
Holbee - I have to say I think you are wrong. However that is the great thing about the arts, everyone takes something different away from it and sees it differently. That being said, here's my take on the whole thing. One of my biggest fears for this reading was that the creators would update the show to today. CARRIE is a dated piece of material that really could not be done today. For example - back in the 80s people were a lot more isolated than we are now ... today if a girl got a bucket of
 Nov 30 2009, 08:45:28 AM
I am so excited this reading happened and I really hope it leads to a revival of this vastly underrated show. If only there was a way to hear the reading.... I know I found my copies of the broadway CDs on ebay... or uploaded on to a web site or something ... wish I could find them that way.
BIG the musical score
 Jun 8 2009, 05:46:28 PM
I am DESPERATELY trying to find a copy of the score to BIG the musical. I am looking for the broadway version, not the version that is released by MTI .... the "corrections" are not as good as what ended up on broadway, IMO. If anyone out there can help me, I would REALLY appreciate it. I am willing to pay. Also, if anyone has a copy of the broadway script that'd be nice too, but mostly I need the score. Please contact me at Jemstar86@aol.com
Thanks!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You