News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ddrourr

ddrourr Profile Photo
Member Name: ddrourr
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hoon Lee in THE KING AND I
 Oct 11 2015, 05:33:02 PM

Saw it yesterday and was blown away by his performance. I have seen many do the role including Yul, and while Yul's performance is iconic,  Hoon brings an intensity to the part that I have never seen before. His chemistry with Kelli is superb, oozing with sexual tension that many Kings or Is never exhibited. When he grabs her waist in Shall We Dance and stares into her eyes, you feel their previous tensions melt away at least for a brief two minutes until the whipping scene, in which he

Hoon Lee in THE KING AND I
 Oct 8 2015, 02:49:27 PM

He does not take matinees off. I know he will perform both show this Saturday as I have been invited to meet him after the matinee. All Kelli's scheduled absences are listed on the website. She rarely misses a performance. 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/9/14
 Nov 11 2014, 12:03:56 PM
According to BW gross chart Lyric has 14,992 to Gershwin's 14,472.
Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/9/14
 Nov 10 2014, 04:36:04 PM
Remember, OTT is in the largest house on Broadway. It Grossed $834,000, which is enviable to most shows. Only 12 shows had a higher gross, and 22 had worse. It also sold the 4th most tickets of any show. The size of the house is distorting some of the numbers as percentages.
ON THE TOWN Box Office Yikes!
 Nov 9 2014, 06:56:45 PM
Saw it on Saturday afternoon. Sat 12th row right seats 10-12. The people on my left paid premium $199, the people on our right paid $75 from TKTS that day and we paid $89 with a Playbill discount ($147 seats). Its like an airplane; you can't find 2 people who paid the same price. Show was at least 90% sold (couldn't see balcony)and got a rousing standing O. Yes, its an old fashion book, but considering it opened in 1944, only a year after Oklahoma changed musicals forever, the book and especial
re: Side Show Previews
 Nov 9 2014, 09:50:31 AM
Not having seen the dramatic context in which we Shared Everything appeared in the original, its tough to say. No question it was a great song, but so were a couple of others that are now gone. But Ready to Play transitioned well into the Interview and did not make me wish plot moved better. There will always be two groups: those who saw both versions and those who only saw the new, revised version. I think opinions will be split among the two. For what its worth, all the critics in DC (incl
re: Side Show Previews
 Nov 8 2014, 09:52:51 AM
OK gang, this is my first post after reading the boards for quite a while. Saw this last nite and here's my input. Never saw the original, but knew the score. I've been reading all your comments so Im fairly familiar with the changes that have been made. First off, I loved it! But..... On the plus side are 2 incredible performances and a versatile, polished ensemble. I thought the direction was very good, especially for a first time Broadway outing by a seasoned film director. I thought th
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You