News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for porthos

porthos Profile Photo
Member Name: porthos
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?  Apr 25 2017, 10:55:32 PM

I've gotten stuff back from a few different actors in Mormon over the years- anyone in particular?

David Malloy or Josh Groban?  Apr 25 2017, 10:53:35 PM

Dave 100%

Great Comet  Apr 17 2017, 10:05:52 PM

Without a doubt sit onstage during Act II. During Letters, I've noticed that the cast is much more likely to give letters to people who are clearly enjoying the number/show, those looking everywhere, making eye contact, etc. Having a drink (alcoholic or not) for Act II is useful for the abduction, but you can always improvise the glass. Above all, drink in the moment and enjoy the experience!

Dear Evan Hansen Cast Album  Feb 3 2017, 08:52:21 PM

On the subject of voices sounding quite different from what you hear live in the theatre, I think that Mike Faist's voice in particular sounds not like himself at all. I've seen him a few times live in both concerts and shows, and all of Conner's singing/dialogue just sounds off on the album. 

Dear Evan Hansen Cast Album  Feb 2 2017, 06:10:35 PM
Evan/Conner's letter

"Dear Evan Hansen,

It turns out this wasn't an amazing day after all. This isn't gonna an amazing week or an amazing year because why would it be? Because there's Zoe and all my hope is pinned on Zoe who I don't even know and who doesn't know me, but y'know. Maybe if I could just talk to her. Maybe nothing would be different at all. I

Finding Neverland  Jun 1 2015, 08:54:51 PM

Yes, he lost it the night before, midway through the show- right in the middle of "Hook". I loved his Frohman, and I really wish he'd been able to stay with the show. I feel like the show really took a toll on him. 

Finding Neverland  Jun 1 2015, 07:36:58 PM

At the ART when Michael McGrath called out, it created an entire chain reaction. Paul took over for him, Rory went into the Mr.Henshaw Track, Ritter was on for Rory, and a swing took over Ritter's track. 

Famous People You Have Spotted at Broadway Shows  Jun 1 2015, 07:23:57 PM

During Grey Henson's broadway debut as McKinley last summer, Trey Parker was standing right behind me holding his little daughter from the beginning until the end of Two By Two- she started making noise when the dancing stopped.

If you could pick one 2015 Tony nominee, who/what would you choose?  Apr 25 2015, 04:14:19 PM

Laura Michelle Kelly for Best Leading Actress. She 100% deserves this.

Gigi, Something Rotten, or Aladdin?  Mar 23 2015, 11:23:21 AM
Something Rotten.
Book of Mormon cast as of late?  Mar 19 2015, 07:44:02 PM
To keep the thread updated: Billy and AJ are now leading the First National.
Finding Neverland for kids?  Mar 19 2015, 07:41:35 PM
Well, almost every Disney movie contains a loss of parents, but seeing it onstage would be quite different than just seeing Disney brush their deaths aside to continue to follow the main plot.
Book of Mormon cast as of late?  Feb 1 2015, 04:41:45 PM
CJ Eldred has left the First National Tour after about a year of being an Elder Price standby. The current Price standbys for that company are Miles Jacoby, who has been with the Second National Tour and the Broadway production since joining in June, and Gabe Gibbs, who joined the tour fresh out of Emerson College.
Aladdin Cast Schedule  Feb 1 2015, 04:27:52 PM
Bud is still there, I believe he has a few dates on for Aladdin before he goes to Something Rotten.
Book of Mormon cast as of late?  Dec 5 2014, 04:41:24 PM
Jonathan Cullen, the original Price standby of the Latter Day Tour, departed November 30th. Not sure yet if he's moving on to a different company or leaving altogether.
PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January  Nov 28 2014, 07:52:14 PM
Everyone hope that he calls out for the final show.
A Question About Narrators And Breaking The 4th Wall  Nov 28 2014, 07:50:24 PM
Drood is one that immediately comes to mind for me.
Theatrical Starbucks  Nov 20 2014, 06:18:06 PM
Patti LuPone goes up to the counter, and is asked to repeat her drink order several times, as it is fairly unintelligible. Partway through the third attempt at ordering, she stops everything to yell at a security camera above, incensed that it’s been taking pictures of her.
BC/EFA Fall 2014  Nov 11 2014, 09:51:32 PM
Anyone know what Pippin is offering?
Matthew Morrison Confirms He Will Be Back On Broadway This Season  Nov 10 2014, 05:40:28 PM
Carolee should be able to do both, unless they drastically change the script, score, and blocking from the way it was in Cambridge.

Any word on who is replacing Michael McGrath as Mr. Frohman, as he's committed to On the Twentieth Century?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You