News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Feste

Feste Profile Photo
Member Name: Feste
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Who is the greatest performer to have ever graced the broadway stage?  Dec 17 2017, 11:07:16 PM

Barbra Streisand

Should I Change my Audition Song?  Dec 10 2017, 11:41:01 AM

For an initial audition for Crazy for You, the people behind the table need to find out three things. 

What you look like in person. 

What you sound like. 

That you can dance. 

Oh, and that you can sell it all with confidence.  They'll have their answers well before you get to any "money" note. 

That's it.  There's nothing about being a Follies Girl in Crazy

Way to early 2018 Tony Awards predictions!  Dec 9 2017, 02:01:01 AM

JudyDenmark said: "I would be genuinely thrilledwith any of the supporting castfrom Once On This Island getting nominated,but my standouts wereMerle Dandridge, Phillip Boykin, andKenita R. Miller. I also thought Isaac Powell was particularly greatin the often overlooked role of Daniel."

I agree completely, especially about Isaac.  He's absolutely perfect for the role, and makes an easily unlikeable character very sympathetic.   He's wonder

Kid Friendly taking over?  Dec 7 2017, 10:13:08 AM

Tking0012 said: "Is it me, or has Broadway turned into a theme park? I can't help but notice all the kid musicals this season. Is this a particular kid heavy season? Or am I just noticing them more.

Thoughts?
"

It's you.  I think it's cool that families with small children have a couple of choices for things to see. I find the big spectacle musicals with flying chandeliers, helicopters and such to be more "theme parky&quo

Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14  Dec 4 2017, 02:01:17 PM

theatretenor2 said: "What was Anthony Rapp doing in Kevin Spacey's bedroom to begin with?"

Why is this even a question?  If an underage child is standing before you, a legal adult, naked, aroused, begging for it.. you still say NO and get the **** out of that situation.  It is not on the child to control the situation, it's on the adult. 

OOTI [2017) Reviews  Dec 3 2017, 07:09:24 PM

Daddy Warbucks said: "IF this can survive to the Tony’s with good reviews and good word of mouth, I like its chances better than the old school revivals that have already been revived a bunch of times before."

Agreed.  

OOTI [2017) Reviews  Dec 3 2017, 04:44:32 PM

Jeffrey Karasarides said: "I could see this following a similar trajectory to the most recent revival ofOn the Town, where despite all the acclaim that production received, it really struggled on Broadway. While it did lose a lot of money in the end, the producers were at least willing to keep it open for as long as they could, even making it into awards season.

Though the difference here is that On the Town played in one of the largest venues on Broadway

OoTI [2017) Reviews  Dec 3 2017, 11:37:09 AM

I really hope they're raves straight through and that this gets a good long run.  

Broadway Casting Director Fired for Sexual Misconduct  Dec 3 2017, 11:26:10 AM

dramamama611 said: "If only it were "flirting" -- which barely a step beyond being nice/polite."

Thank you!  And sometimes that even gets confused in both directions.   This is something way beyond flirting. 

ONCE ON THIS ISLAND (2017) Previews  Dec 3 2017, 12:16:29 AM

Saw it this afternoon.  It's been my favorite musical since seeing LaChanze and the original cast when I first moved to NYC.  This production is absolutely stunning and perfectly cast right down to the person.  

I have more to say, but I'm still basking in what I saw today.  I wish them all a wonderful opening. 

Who are some people to which you are surprised they have never been nominated for a Tony?  Dec 3 2017, 12:14:03 AM

Anthony Rapp 

AaronTveit

Hailey Kilgore  (okay.. she hasn't had the opportunity... but damn! ) 

ONCE ON THIS ISLAND Question - Help Appreciated!  Dec 3 2017, 12:11:14 AM

You are why we tell the story! 

You are part of the human heart! 

Broadway Casting Director Fired for Sexual Misconduct  Dec 1 2017, 03:47:27 PM

That's much more entertaining!  Good job! 

Broadway Casting Director Fired for Sexual Misconduct  Dec 1 2017, 03:44:28 PM

Well, best of luck with your career in comedy. 

Broadway Casting Director Fired for Sexual Misconduct  Dec 1 2017, 03:31:57 PM

How is degrading another person humorous?  It's actually pretty nasty.  You don't even know her. Not funny. 

Broadway Casting Director Fired for Sexual Misconduct  Dec 1 2017, 03:09:04 PM

Elsewhere in this thread, it is mentioned as a being a part of the prevailing culture at that office. 

I don't know, I'm no longer an actor and have never auditioned for them. But things have been said in this thread alone. 

Broadway Casting Director Fired for Sexual Misconduct  Dec 1 2017, 11:26:31 AM

elephantseye said: "Story pushed to Monday, apparently.https://twitter.com/brauhala/status/936606788799074307"

Wow... This coming out on Monday could really overpower OOTI if they get rave reviews after opening on Sunday.   Not that one show is more important than this, but it would be pretty awful timing for them. 

Broadway Casting Director Fired for Sexual Misconduct  Dec 1 2017, 01:29:06 AM

BroadwayConcierge said: "elephantseye said: "https://twitter.com/MsLeaSalonga/status/936462119565971456"

Dear God. I can't even begin to think who's about to be outed in theTimestomorrow morning...
"

I really hope it's not someone I know and/or admire.  But I hope it does do some good towards making people think about and stopping such behavior in future, and healing past victims. 

Who do YOU think is broadways sexiest performer?  Dec 1 2017, 01:10:44 AM

Issac Powell  hands down now! 

And incredibly talented! 

$59 TIX to HAPPIEST MILLIONAIRE Concert on SUNDAY  Dec 1 2017, 12:50:04 AM

I hope the fact that it's going to charity help you feel better about it.  Enjoy the show! 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You