News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Alvin and My Sheepdog Rex

Alvin and My Sheepdog Rex Profile Photo
Member Name: Alvin and My Sheepdog Rex
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

A Brillant Episode!
 Mar 15 2004, 02:24:32 AM

"billyweeds" and "tkts" got it! This episode was Brillant!! The idea of recreating the intermission bar scene from the 60's movie with Mel Brooks and Anne Bancroft emulating the personas of the original Max and Leo, Zero Mostel and Gene Wilder, was something that only the minds of Mel Brooks and Larry David could create. Also, the way the audience responded to Larry forgeting his lines, first by walking out, but then returning as he improvised was a wonderful recreation of the scene in t

The Producers on season finale of HBO's Curb Your Enthusiasm tonight!
 Mar 14 2004, 05:03:39 PM
I was just reading HBO's previews for tonight (Sunday) and listed for the season finale of Curb Your Enthusiasm is Larry David making his opening debut on Broadway as Max Bialystock in The Producers. Guest stars listed include Mel Brooks and Anne Bancroft, although I would anticipate others.

As some may know, The Producers has been a running theme on Curb throughout the season, culminating in whatever happens tonight. My guess is that Larry David will develop stage-fright at the last minu

re: 'The Producers' revisited
 Jan 17 2004, 11:58:23 AM
My guess is that the new ad-libbing by Nathan and Matthew on Broadway comes as a result of the success that the Jason Alexander/Martin Short run in Los Angeles had with ad-libbing. Those two, especially Martin, never missed a chance add in new jokes, moves, or a current event comment. Example: by Max to Old Lady: "Let's play the Basketball Superstar and the Hotel Concierge" The audiences in LA loved it, no two showings ever seemed the same and my guess is that the Broadway audiences also enjoy s
re: Comments on The Producers
 Jan 7 2004, 09:42:22 AM
You're just much more in tune with the feel good style of Mamma Mia. I'd just chalk it up to "different strokes for different folks". Both Mamma Mia and The Producers are both popularly successful and highly enjoyable. However, The Producers has the wide critical acclaim to back up it's success. As they sing in The Producers, it's about, "Tony, Tony, Tony".

My experience has been completely the opposite of yours. I have seen Mamma Mia, happily tapped my feet, and never have had any intere

Is Larry David on the make? Watch out Ulla!
 Jan 5 2004, 01:35:03 PM
Last year I attended the opening night of The Producers in Los Angeles. At intermission, as we looked down from the Mezzanine into the Orchestra area there was Mel Brooks, Larry David, and Carl Reiner conversing. What a trio, definitely a holy trinity of modern comedic history. Somehow,I believe this Curb Your Enthusiasm inclusion of The Producers concept was likely hatched that evening.

Regarding Larry David, comedic genius yes, actor no. In my opinion, Larry David on stage in the real w

Wicked - $25 Ticket Lottery
 Oct 10 2003, 05:05:28 PM
I received the following information via e-mail from the producers of Wicked regarding a "$25 Ticket Lottery" for Wicked at the Gershwin Theatre:

A day-of-performance lottery for $25 front row seats will be held for WICKED. Each day 2 and 1/2 hours prior to scheduled show times, people who present themselves at the Gerswin Theatre Box Office will have their names placed in a hat. Thirty minutes later, names will be drawn for 26 front-row seats at $25 each. The lottery is available only in

re: re: Discount Code for The Producers in L.A.
 Sep 13 2003, 09:57:00 PM
I was just sent a "NEW" Discount Code for The Producers LA by Broadway LA. Once again, it is an offer to purchase $95/$90 seats for $75 ea. This offer is for Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday performances through 10/26. Tickets must be purchased by 9/30 via Ticketmaster.

Discount Code - PROD1

re: Wicked - lavish?
 Aug 27 2003, 08:45:23 PM
I drove from L.A. to San Francisco last June to see the pre-Broadway tryout of Wicked on the hunch that this show might be something special. And I wasn't disappointed, I enjoyed Wicked very much and enthusiastically recommend seeing it on Broadway.

If you're interested, my review of Wicked in San Francisco is posted on the Wicked listing of upcoming Broadway Shows on this site. See Link Below:

re: Ordering tickets
 Aug 23 2003, 07:02:42 PM
You will find some applicable discount codes at the following website.

Good Luck!

re: 'PRODUCERS' GOT 'EM AGAIN, BUT WON'T FLAUNT 'EM -
 Aug 20 2003, 11:21:51 AM
Based upon their 2001 success, I expect there to be a massive "SCALPER" feeding frenzy when tickets for the upcoming Nathan & Matthew reunion run for The Producers on Broadway go on sale.
re: article about Sarah Cornell (new ULLA)
 Aug 14 2003, 12:35:44 AM
Great photo of Sarah in the article! She's Gorgeous!!
re: Gary Beach
 Aug 11 2003, 02:27:46 PM
Here's an idea! Have Gary Beach return to The Producers on Broadway on December 31st, the same night as Nathan and Matthew. Wow! Now wouldn't that be a New Year's trifecta for The Great White Way!
re: Gary Beach
 Aug 11 2003, 12:21:18 PM
I believe that CaTheatreGirl is correct about Gary Beach originally planning to return to The Producers Broadway in late September.

Personally, for selfish reasons I would like Gary to stay in Los Angeles for the rest of this year since I plan to see The Producers L.A. at least 2-3 more times. The current chemistry among the LA cast is terrific and of course Gary's outstanding performance has alot to do with this. As Broadway now knows, Gary Beach is a tough act to follow!

re: re: re: Grey gets 'Wicked' - variety.com
 Aug 11 2003, 12:12:41 PM
I saw Robert Morse play the Wizard in Wicked in San Francisco and his performance as the Wizard just didn't work. However, it was difficult to assess whether the problem was with Morse or the character as written. I suspect that Joel Grey's take on the Wizard will be much more multi-dimensional and dynamic. This will most likely make a good show even better.

Also, I would ignore those who insist on posting about Wicked with an obvious agenda of "doom". These comments are comical in their

Thank You Cady Huffman!
 Aug 2 2003, 09:35:11 PM
Well it is apparently official that this Sunday, August 3rd will be Cady Huffman's final performance as Ulla the Swedish Secretary/Receptionist in The Producers on Broadway. She is the last of The Producers original Broadway cast of featured actors to move on. I have had the pleasure of enjoying Cady's Tony winning performance three times during The Producers current Broadway run and each time Cady's portrayal of Ulla has been a highlight for me.

While she'll most likely never see this, I

re: re: A Million Dollar Broadway Question
 Aug 1 2003, 11:47:23 PM
Congratulations, Broadway Bulldog! Rex is impressed!!
A Million Dollar Broadway Question
 Aug 1 2003, 11:29:45 PM
I was just watching "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" on T.V. and the contestant was going for the final $1,000,000 question and the question turned out to be a Broadway Trivia question. He didn't have a clue and walked with $500,000. Do you know the answer to this Million Dollar question?

The song "God Bless America" was written for what Broadway musical?

re: Producers in LA
 Aug 1 2003, 11:03:35 AM
Twice in the last month the L.A. Times e-mailed me discount codes for The Producers LA (Both have now expired). I might suggest that you consider registering on-line with the LA Times at www.latimes.com and then search out an article on The Producers in the Calendar section. Most likely then they would e-mail future promotions for The Producers LA to you as well, as I expect these promotions will continue.

P.S. I saw The Producers LA last night for the 4th time and everytime it keeps gett

re: Looking for info on Lion King - Visa summer campaign offer
 Jul 31 2003, 11:31:27 AM
On the web site www.broadwaybox.com they list various discount codes. The one they currently list for The Lion King is - LVISA - which waives the Ticketmaster fees on any Disney ticket purchases placed on a Visa card. There may be other codes out there but this is the only one they listed.

With the continuing popularity of The Lion King, I'm surprised Disney feels compelled to offer discounts at all.

re: Lion King Tour
 Jul 30 2003, 04:36:08 PM
I've now seen The Lion King 8 times - Broadway, London, Toronto, and Los Angeles, and I'm still enamored by this glorious musical each and every time.

Enjoy the show tonight. Hakuna Matata!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You