News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BroadwayBenny

BroadwayBenny Profile Photo
Member Name: BroadwayBenny
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Who was Disney's target demographic with Into the Woods?  Dec 27 2014, 09:06:18 AM
Thank God for those kids who love sophisticated storytelling, that their parents trying to "shield them from the world", are too dumb to research the origins of this great piece. They might not have seen and enjoyed it otherwise. It sounds like more parents and adults are upset FOR these children than the children actually are. These guardians REALLY need to take lesson from the witch.

Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread  Dec 7 2014, 09:51:55 AM
That and the mix of people claiming to be Sondheim disciples who are complaining "HOW COULD THEY CHANGE THE LYRICS TO ON THE STEPS...????" etc.

Some people are just hopeless. If Jesus Christ were to arrive on Earth and say anything that altered something in the good book, the purist Christians would just end up turning on him ala George Lucas.

Fanaticism sure can turn us into creatures who are grossly out of touch with the big picture.

Official Into the Woods Review Thread (before release and after)  Dec 1 2014, 06:18:02 AM
^same. Regardless of the title, the other thread is the official discussion place for the movie still.
Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread  Nov 10 2014, 09:42:16 PM
The narrator at the top of the movie is The Baker.
HUNCHBACK La Jolla Previews  Oct 27 2014, 05:36:51 PM
He's a judge in the animated film.
Worst Disney Musical?  Oct 27 2014, 05:35:27 PM
Mermaid is the most disappointing, but not the worst. Coming off a brilliant animated film, they really screwed it up on stage.

Tarzan is the worst of the bunch.

Into the Woods Movie Cast  Jul 31 2014, 12:33:03 PM
So, the movie is a mix of live singing and lip-syncing. Does anyone know which songs they sang live?

LOL. How the hell is anyone supposed to know the answer to that yet?

Idina Menzel in concert (aka If/Then)  Jun 28 2014, 07:49:21 AM
They are pretty cool.
Stephen Sondheim Inc  Jun 25 2014, 09:20:23 AM
I will say that one of my criticisms with the stage show has always been "character death fatigue". They just start dropping off like flies in Act 2 and I think its a bit much to take in from a sensory point of view. Put that in a movie where you are already trimming almost an hour off the show and you're going to amplify that fatigue even more. Death isn't the only form of loss and separation we experience from one another, and the witch being abandoned by her daughter's choice and not happenst
Stephen Sondheim Inc  Jun 24 2014, 06:27:58 AM
but if the "Witch's Lament" leads into the new song, aren't there still some of those "Lament" lyrics which now won't make sense? At what point does she sing the song anyway?

SPOILERS
According to the leaked script it's in the same spot, just that instead of running off stage to get squished by the giant, Rapunzel tells the witch AND the prince to basically F-off, steals his horse and leaves the kingdom. The prince goes after her but the witch stands there and sings..

Stephen Sondheim Inc  Jun 23 2014, 03:56:42 PM
I can happily report that it is not only a faithful adaptation of the show, it is a first-rate movie. ~ Stephen Sondheim

Why do I have this image of Mickey Mouse holding a gun to his head as he is at a computer writing this?

Santino's Departure Date from CINDERELLA???  Dec 13 2013, 06:32:09 PM
And the award for the worst joke goes to bwayphreak234
Disney's FROZEN  Dec 13 2013, 11:15:41 AM

Newest David Kawena Disney Hero art!

Idina and Taye no more  Dec 12 2013, 08:57:55 PM
I was responding to the notion that one should seek psychiatric help merely for being emotionally affected by the news.

In the case of celebrities splitting up, most of the time, yes. Empathy is recognizing another's emotion, that's not what this is. There is no video footage of Idina or Taye experiencing pain over this. There is no statement from either saying how unbearable the separation is for them.

All of that pain and devastation, as far as what reality ha

Idina and Taye no more  Dec 12 2013, 02:35:53 PM
This reminds me of when my facebook status once changed from being In a Relationship to being Single a few years ago. I got more sympathy posts than when a relative died. Where the hell was this pity when I was IN the horrible relationship? Getting out of it was a relief.

I can only guess that some people live vicariously through others "in love", but they have no idea what the reality of that relationship is like. Anyone who is emotionally affected by this "news" needs

Sound of Music brought to you by Walmart & Stouffer's Lasagna  Dec 7 2013, 01:52:22 PM
PB ENT, you are completely ignorant on the history of this musical. Just fess up and stop trying to justify that you know what you're talking about. You don't.

Sound of Music brought to you by Walmart & Stouffer's Lasagna  Dec 6 2013, 03:38:38 PM
LOL, your lack of knowledge about something doesn't make you right. I don't know, but if I've falsely accused a production of making changes, and someone points out my ignorance of the original material, I'd probably either apologize or back off from the subject.

You have your right not to like it, but don't act smart about it, and speak for the majority, when you "aint".

Broadway's Flashdance postponed  Dec 5 2013, 08:19:31 AM
How did they do the scene where the water falls on her?
They dumped water on her.

Broadway's Flashdance postponed  Dec 5 2013, 07:28:22 AM
I agree with most of what was said by bwayphreak234, except the part about being wildly entertained. About halfway through Act 2 I thought I was going to loose it and start actually screaming. It was the worst bits of theatre I've seen since God knows when. I could make a mile long list, but if I don't meditate and try to remove these memories from my mind, I'm afraid that my brain might implode.

Disney's FROZEN  Dec 5 2013, 06:34:34 AM
LOL, Mother Gothel is a million times more entertaining than Frozen's villain.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You