News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for haddaddy3

haddaddy3 Profile Photo
Member Name: haddaddy3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: I'm a big Broadway fan who just likes to keep up with all of the shows opening/playing in New York. :)

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Great Plays - Small Casts  Jun 28 2011, 11:35:57 PM
Whose Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
Kennedy Center FOLLIES to Transfer to Broadway's Marquis Theater This Summe  Jun 27 2011, 04:51:09 PM
"Please, just let tickets go on sale, so I can buy a bunch and then get back to my normal life. Whatever THAT is."

I love that comment so much...

Plan on seeing The Normal Heart, better see it before July 10th and heres why.  Jun 27 2011, 04:46:13 PM
Every time I see new press about The Normal Heart (it seems almost daily), I die a little inside because I know it's not going to extend and I will miss it by only 2 weeks when I come to New York during the last week of July.
New Out feature on Patti LuPone  Aug 16 2010, 05:22:12 PM
I remember reading on this board from someone who saw one of the recent Sondheim birthday celebrations that they were holding hands at one point voluntarily. This doesn't necessaeily mean very much, but I remember thinking (or hoping) when I read it that perhaps the rivalry is not personal (if LuPone even thinks of it as one). I love them both, and I feel sorry for Patti to an extent, but I certainly don't think her career has been a lamentable one.
Barbra Streisand in Gypsy  Aug 11 2010, 11:45:21 PM
How about Meryl? She may not have the voice of Streisand, but she could act the hell out of it, and is a little younger.
Anyone else antsy for the season to begin, already?  Aug 11 2010, 02:02:41 PM
This has provbably already been done in another thread, but can someone please provide (or direct me to) a list of the shows that will be opening this fall/spring? I know of a few, but not many. Thanks so much!
A Question For Those Who Saw The Original Production of LA CAGE  Apr 9 2010, 12:28:32 AM
I never thought a thread could make me cry!!! Such heartfelt accounts from everyone. Thank you for sharing your memories with those of us young people who owe so much to you. We may not ever be able to comprehend the struggles you endured, but threads like this help to give us an immense appreciation you and for our history. I, for one, will try not to take so much for granted after reading this. Again, thank you, thank you, thank you.
re: When do tickets for The Signature's ANGELS IN AMERICA production go on  Dec 6 2009, 08:44:39 PM
Is Angels set to play the fall of 2010 or spring of 2011?
Wishful Drinking of Love, Loss...?  Oct 19 2009, 11:51:49 PM
My aunts and I are seeing RAGTIME and probably A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC and are trying to decided on a third show. I'd like to see NEXT TO NORMAL but with RAGTIME I'm worried that's too much pathos for a two-day period. We are debating between WISHFUL DRINKING and LOVE, LOSS, AND WHAT I WORE because they're light (I think?) and discounted...

Which of those two would you choose? Any other suggestions would be appreciated! Thank you!

re: ALNM & Stubhub  Oct 19 2009, 11:09:07 PM
I just did some serious searching on Telechage for the two performances I would be able to attend. There are plenty of seats available, but all at least ten rows back in the orchestra or more. Then I searched for premium seats and found that as far back as the 9th row (out of only 16) is being considered premium. Is it possible that all of those premium seats will sell (I'm looking to go 12/19), or do you think they will eventually be released as regularly priced tickets?
re: Okay, whats the greatest performance you've ever seen on stage?  Jun 17 2009, 10:32:39 PM
Age 17

Patti and Christine are tied because when I saw GYPSY Patti flubbed a line or two, and when I saw GREY GARDENS, we were right behind speakers in the front mezz and the sound was muffled.

Play would be a graduate program's production of ANGELS IN AMERICA. The whole cast was brilliant.

re: Play Revivals!  Oct 7 2008, 09:17:39 PM
I would love to see Signature do ANGELS, hopefully a full production. However, it hasn't been on Broadway in years, and with the increased interest brought on by the HBO film, I think any time would be a good time for a revival.
re: Play Revivals!  Oct 7 2008, 04:05:52 PM
I would kill to see a Broadway revival of ANGELS IN AMERICA!
re: What show do you regret seeing the most?  Sep 3 2008, 09:19:54 PM
The Producers and Legally Blonde
re: Which cut Gypsy songs do you wish actually made the show?  Aug 31 2008, 09:25:21 PM
I really wish "Small World/Momma's Talkin' Soft" had made it in. Could it have been staged any other way so the girls did not have to be up so high? I love it because it shows that they're aware of their mother's tricks as children, not just adults.

The concept of "Nice She Ain't" is good and I would've liked Herbie to have a solo, but I don't think it's as good as I expected it to be.

"Smile Girls" is terrific, but I think it would've been just too much to fit into the des

re: Your thoughts on something Patti said at the stage door...?  Aug 18 2008, 10:23:32 PM
In response to somebody, I wasn't "hurt" that she didn't look me in the eye, it just would have been cooler if she did, and I could've gotten a better picture, but I was two feet from her, so I'm happy.

This thread has gone on forever...wow, um, for those who wonder about her tone, I don't think she said it in a cruel way. She was being honest, yes, and knowing LuPone, she probably meant it lightly and it came off harder.

My reason for originally posting was to see if you guys

re: Broadway Songs that sets the 'mood'  Aug 18 2008, 10:10:30 PM
I think that "People" and some of Barbra's concert love songs are very romantic and could easily set the mood...

Some of the stuff from JERSEY BOYS, though that probably doesn't count...

"Being Alive" is very sweet, though that's more longing than "in the mood.

Hmm...there are some because I listen to them on my IPod, I just can't think of any right now.

re: Your thoughts on something Patti said at the stage door...?  Aug 17 2008, 09:43:23 PM
To answer luvtheEmcee's question, yes I did equate those less-caliber performers to LuPone, strictly because of their attitude when I met them, not because of their level of talent or stardom. They were very sweet and gracious, and though you are right, they are not LuPone, they too did not have to be overly kind to the fans. Jonathan Groff humbly told me, "I know what it's like to be on the other side of this barricade, so I want to treat these fans as best I can." His is young, yes, and not
Your thoughts on something Patti said at the stage door...?  Aug 17 2008, 12:58:26 AM
So I was at GYPSY Tuesday and it was great. Afterwards I didn't know if I wanted to stage door and set myself up for disappointment, but I did anyway. Though many stars like Rosie O'Donnell, Christine Ebersole, Jonathan Groff, Beth Leavel, and even Tony Yazbeck and Leigh Ann Larkin at GYPSY agreed to let me take photos with them, I could tell by Patti's mood that I shouldn't even ask. I had been warned on here that she doesn't pose for photos, so I wasn't surprised, but something she said to
re: Estelle Getty has passed.  Jul 22 2008, 11:23:12 PM
I've shed quite a few tears over this.

Estelle was my favorite of the Golden Girls, and there is comfort in knowing that if I'm ever feeling down, I can just pop in one of the DVD's and she will make me smile.

Estelle, thanks for brightening up my life. Love you, miss you, and will remember you always.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You