News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for chinto1984

Member Name: chinto1984
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Favorite Funny Lines
 Jul 30 2014, 02:07:14 AM
You can talk to birds.
Seth Rudetsky's
 Jul 26 2014, 12:45:58 PM
i lover her album.
Shows For Male Baritone Powerhouse?
 Jan 30 2014, 07:11:19 PM
Curly in Oklahoma is really a baritone.
Les Miserables film with good singing
 Jan 11 2014, 03:26:19 AM
Russell Crowe did not have the best voice. I thought Amanda's worse. I did like Russell's portrayal. I thought he actually did act it well and brought more depth to the character. I enjoyed watching him and wished the whole time why couldn't he just be in a nonmusical les mis.
BROADWAY SECRETS: Wherein we confess our controversial opinions
 Jan 11 2014, 02:00:01 AM
Kristin Bell is fantastic. I thought she was the best part of Frozen.

I wish the would have found a better singer for Elsa. Willemijn Verkaik sounds so much better than Idina. Because Idina can't sing and is ruining little girls voices

Musical feature films- studio vs live singing
 Jan 11 2014, 01:53:47 AM
Let's all take to remember the travesty of Pierce Brosnan singing in Mamma Mia!

I suggest reading Marni Nixon's memoir. She talks about how they dubbed King and I. She and Deborah Kerr worked together on creating Anna. Marni rehearsed basically with Deborah. It became seamless. She writes later this was not the case with either Woods or Hepburn. That the dubbing was sloppy. Execs misled the actors and basically wanted Marni to just sing over the film.

Musical feature films- studio vs live singing
 Jan 10 2014, 12:47:55 PM
Theater and film are fake and we know they are fake. We buy into the magic. What if someone said we are going to do Lion King with real animals. Would that make it better than Julie Taymor's version? It would be different. Would the audience still go along with it to go on the journey of the story? Les Mis looked beautiful and I was impressed with Hugh. I wouldn't pay Broadway prices to see a professional Broadway performer with Anne's or Amanda's singing ability. To defend them by saying well t
 Jan 2 2014, 08:49:09 PM
riffing is annoying and messing up most singers mediocre voices
 Dec 21 2013, 12:04:05 PM
Audra McDonald was not the best thing in SOM:Live. Her acting and portrayal were too young and the wrong style for the role and musical piece, mainly because she still comes off so young and not matronly. Laura Benanti was the best thing in the presentation and she needs to being receiving more praise.
Anyone see the original
 Nov 30 2013, 06:43:08 PM

Best Joseph Album?
 Nov 30 2013, 06:40:07 PM
Original Broadway. One reason, Laurie Beechman.
Aladdin Reviews
 Nov 23 2013, 12:09:43 PM
To Be Free is a great song. The producers are stupid if they are trying to keep it far as possible from the theme park show. It seems that the theme park show is better and worth its ticket price.
Did Wicked go through alot of Problems before it opened?
 Apr 16 2013, 07:01:51 PM
In Schwartz's book, I think he mentioned he envisioned Audra as Elphaba.
Patti LuPone sings Memory
 Apr 16 2013, 06:48:36 PM
When it first started, it did not sound like her at all. But the end sounds so Patti.
High School Theatre - What's appropriate and what isnt't?
 Apr 14 2013, 12:31:55 PM
I disagree that only doing the classics won't teach them anything. It will teach them a lot. The students would actually have to act and sing. R&H, Lerner and Lowe, and Bernstein have some solid musicals. However, only do classics will not keep your students excited about the program and won't add variety.

I recently saw a high school do In the Heights. They kept the language in. The kids loved doing it. It was hip hop, got to dress cool, but I did feel the some of the content was a lit

Has the Broadway Baritone died?
 Apr 9 2013, 07:53:36 PM
yes. very true. It's not that people were not trained back in the day. Rather, one trained since there were seven in dance, and learned to sing to get a chorus job. They may have not been a great singer or actor, but they had a solid dance training. And the expectional ones became stars. Same with the singers. They studied music throughout their childhood and had legit singing voices or at least cultivated their singing ability. Everyone now seems to be mediocre in comparison to past icons. It c
 Apr 9 2013, 06:35:16 PM
there is probably a lot truth to that all these young singers sound like mariuses and cossettes, and not even the good singers who played those roles. Randy Graff on one of Seth's Obsessed episodes talks about how ALW and the British musicals really did change the singing on Broadway. They required a more of a mix/belt and rock style singing. But also they wanted to literally duplicate the same les miz production around the world. That has stuck. Even though Daphne's fantine was not vocally supe
 Apr 9 2013, 05:17:25 PM
I wouldn't say these new crop of singers have pitch perfect voices. Some just place it the nose and tend to be sharp.

I was listening to Idina sing defying gravity and Mandy Gonzalez sing it. Idina sounds painful and fake and splats. Mandy actually sings the song but young musical theater kids don't really care to sound like Mandy because Idina got the tony and is on the album. It's a lot of mimicking. It does bite them in the butt. I have performed with some teens, and they riff up

Apr 9 2013, 04:52:55 PM
True but that is where a true tenor should have their power. The may be able to sing lower or higher, but the strength and ease there is what many distinct as being a tenor.

Apr 9 2013, 04:32:40 PM
According to my research, (I sound like Penny from inspector gadget) you are right.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You