News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Singer-Moves Poorly

Member Name: Singer-Moves Poorly
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadcast time for Rent Live on Fox?
 Jan 4 2019, 07:29:07 PM

Apparently I didn't click in the right place before.  Thanks!

Broadcast time for Rent Live on Fox?
 Jan 4 2019, 07:07:57 PM

Does anyone know what time this is supposed to air on January 27th?  I'm going to be on vacation and need to program my DVR beforehand.

Questions re: tickets to "Beautiful"
 Jul 17 2014, 04:05:00 PM
Does TKTS ever have availability for "Beautiful", or are sales so hot that my question is altogether laughable?

Just in case it isn't altogether laughable (possibly because I'd only need one seat), do they ever discount the "premium" seats? I'm going to be in NYC in the next week (for five days) and was hoping to MAYBE catch it without paying an arm, a leg and a kidney. Any chance of this? Also, are there any other discount sources for tickets for this particular show?

Phantom tour
 Jan 17 2014, 10:44:32 AM
Does anyone have any information on which performances will be featuring Grace Morgan as Christine instead of Julia Udine? The theater critic from one of our newspapers gave Julia some very high praise and I wanted to be reasonably sure that I would be seing her in the role if I decided to buy a ticket.
Book Of Mormon National Tour!
 Aug 25 2012, 12:38:07 PM
Sorry, I guess I stand corrected. It was originally only a three-month booking which led me to believe that it was a tour, so that would have made it only one more month than the two-month L.A. tour stop. But I guess it would stand to reason that three more months couldn't be tacked onto a "tour". My mistake.

But I'd still like to know if there's any casting news.

Book Of Mormon National Tour!
 Aug 25 2012, 10:58:30 AM
I live in Chicago (seeing the show on January 30) and I'm pretty sure I never heard it referred to as a sit down. They did just announce a three-month extension. I don't know where the talk of slow ticket sales comes from. I got my ticket at least three months ago -- Maybe even more. At that time there weren't many decent orchestra seats left. Apparently the demand was high enough in order to warrant the extension.

Has there been any casting news for this production yet?

THE BOOK OF MORMON National Tour Cast Unveiled - Creel, Gertner, Ware, Henson, Mambo & More!
 Jun 27 2012, 11:20:12 AM
I'm sorry -- I should have re-worded that to read "those who weren't fortunate enough to be cast in the first national tour". And yes, I do know that sometimes we in Chicago get really good talent, but I don't know if that's always the case. (Are you a Chicago resident?)
THE BOOK OF MORMON National Tour Cast Unveiled - Creel, Gertner, Ware, Henson, Mambo & More!
 Jun 27 2012, 10:02:56 AM
So in other words, Chicago will get the people that weren't good enough to be cast in the first national tour! (Either that, or "home-grown" talent.)
 Jun 27 2012, 08:34:37 AM
Okay, I'm a little confused here. I thought that the production scheduled to be in Chicago from December through February WAS the national tour, but according to the schedule the tour is going to be in several different cities (not including Chicago) during that time. So if we in Chicago are not getting the national tour, what ARE we getting? And WTF is it that I paid $150 for? (Yeah, I know -- It was a lot more expensive on Broadway.)
South Pacific tour?
 Feb 7 2012, 01:27:51 PM
There's a production of South Pacific coming to the Cadillac Palace Theatre in Chicago later this month for approximately two weeks. Has anyone seen this version anywhere else? And is it worth seeing?
Question for the
 Sep 27 2011, 06:54:38 PM
I did always think of "Defying Gravity" as a duet, even though it's Elphaba's big number. Would that be wrong?

And regarding the others that were mentioned -- even if they're songs written mainly for other characters, are those characters joined by someone else for more than a line or two in them?

Question for the "Wicked" experts
 Sep 27 2011, 05:47:06 PM
I'm in a contest that involves some Broadway trivia and I'm sure someone here can give me an accurate answer to the following question:

How many of the songs from "Wicked" are duets? (I've only seen the show once a long time ago and I don't have the CD, so I can't really go from memory.)

Thanks!

Looking for Phantom Of The Opera trivia answer
 Sep 21 2011, 04:23:42 PM
Hi, everyone. I'm in a contest where we have to answer trivia questions, and I can't seem to find the answer anywhere, so I thought I'd ask all of you Broadway/musical theatre experts.

Apparently someone else prior to Andrew Lloyd Webber was approached to compose "Phantom Of The Opera", but they declined because they thought it would have to be too operatic. Do any of you know which composer that would be?

Opera Stars you want on the Broadway Stage
 Jun 13 2011, 10:30:56 AM
In my opinion, Jerry Hadley was a wonderful singer of musical theater. He did a CD called "Standing Room Only" on which he did some really good renditions of Broadway tenor repertoire. Gone too soon -- RIP.

In an interesting twist and even though it's not technically Broadway, "Showboat" is going to be part of the 2011-12 series of the Lyric Opera in Chicago, starring none other than ... Nathan Gunn! You can be sure I'll be seeing that one.

Speaking of opera, I saw Danie

Alice Ripley proving a tad elusive
 May 5 2011, 08:23:14 AM
In response to your question -- No, Alice didn't go on last night, and apparently she didn't go on for the matinee either. I can understand that there are circumstances where the regular performer can't go on, but I was still disappointed because I was really looking forward to seeing "Tony Award winner Alice Ripley" and had a great seat (first row mezzanine on the center aisle).

Pearl Sun has a great, powerhouse voice and did a decent job with the role. However, she didn't really see

Broadway Duets For A Male & Female
 May 4 2010, 05:06:41 PM
How about "Too Many Mornings" from Follies? Gorgeous song!
Hey Chicagoans: Sondheim Half Off
 Mar 3 2010, 10:25:43 AM
Just my luck -- I happen to be seeing Patti and Mandy that same night! Never mind that it was poor planning to schedule Sondheim during the same week they're here!
Jesus Christ Superstar Tour?
 Mar 3 2010, 10:23:03 AM
Regarding Ted Neely (with apologies to Tim Rice):

"Listen, surely I've exceeded expectations. Tried for three years, seems like thirty -- oh wait, it HAS been thirty (if not more)!"

re: Showtunes Channel on MusicChoice (digital cable)
 Apr 20 2009, 01:45:16 PM
Sure -- It's www.musicchoice.com/channelchange. You can send a feedback email from there.

Pippin -- I'd love to listen to it from 8 to 4 -- unfortunately I'm at work during that time. Thanks for the other sources, though.

Showtunes Channel on MusicChoice (digital cable)
 Apr 20 2009, 01:37:41 PM
If anyone used to listen to this channel in their digital cable line-up, be advised that MusicChoice has seen fit to butcher it (as of April 15). What they've done is changed the title to "Stage and Screen" and instead of strictly showtunes, they now feature instrumentals from movie scores and popular songs that happen to have been featured in movies -- both in large blocks. The only blocks of actual showtunes occur between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday-Friday (normal working hours for a majority o
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You