News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MadProps86

MadProps86 Profile Photo
Member Name: MadProps86
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: NIght Music: How's the balcony?
 Dec 6 2009, 10:04:42 PM
Based on A Catered Affair, the only thing I had an issue seeing was a second story window of the set, which was obstructed by light rigging and the proscenium arch. Unless the set design and playing area for the action has two levels, I feel like it should be fine. It's probably where I'll end up seeing the show from, so I'm interested to know if I'll miss anything as well.
re: NIght Music: How's the balcony?
 Dec 6 2009, 08:01:54 PM
I've sat in row B for both Grey Gardens and A Catered Affair and enjoyed the shows just fine, no problem seeing anything. I'm deathly afraid of heights and was not bothered. Also, I'm 6'2" and leg room was a little tight but nothing unbearable.
re: Marquis seating question
 Aug 7 2009, 01:32:16 PM
Thanks for the the replies. I've never seen a show at the Marquis before, but I did sit in Row B Seat 12 at the St. James and I only lost some of the back corner of stage left. Would the two stages be comparable in terms of depth? I'm trying to decided whether or not it's worth it to go for the orchestra or to sit front row mezz. Anyone have opinions on which would be better for 9 to 5? Again, thank you in advance.
re: Marquis seating question
 Aug 6 2009, 09:42:38 PM
So as to not start a new thread, could someone tell me if orchestra row C seats 8-10 or row C seats 9-11 are good seats? Are they obstructed seating in any way? Ticketmaster is giving me these and mezzanine row A seats 15-16 as options in my search. Thank you so much in advance.
re: GYPSY Rush Tomorrow...
 Jan 7 2009, 09:56:47 PM
I got there this morning around 9:30, thanks Greyhound for the half hour delay, haha. I ended up getting a partial view seat, row B seat 12, which I found to be phenomenal. The only things I missed were Louise and the alarm clock on her birthday and during the strip where Louise drops her dress and covers herself with the curtain.

Looking at the front row seats, I'm kind of glad I didn't get them because they seemed too close in relation to the stage height. I couldn't have been happi

re: GYPSY Rush Tomorrow...
 Jan 6 2009, 02:00:35 PM
Did anyone rush today/how was it?

I'm planning on going tomorrow morning to rush the matinee and wanted to see what I should expect. Also, what time does the box office open? I've not rushed Gypsy before.

Thank you so much in advance.

re: What Broadway-Related Names Would You Give Your Children?
 Jan 3 2009, 11:56:49 PM
I don't know about children's names, but we've got a cat named Cheyenne Jackon.

More precisely, Cheyenne Thackery Binx(black cat like Hocus Pocus) Flotsam Jetsom(he slinks around like them) Gwen Verdon(he sneaks on the floor very Verdonesqe) Stitch(crazy like the Disney character) Tito Jackson.

LB
 Jul 24 2008, 01:58:34 PM
"just wondering in the search for elle woods in the finally one of the ensemble girls had a wig that lookd like leslie kritzer's real hair...i don't recall the girl's name but i thought she was a swing. why wuld they want a swing?"

I'm pretty sure Cara Cooper wore the same wig when she was a swing in her ensemble roles. It looked like Tiffany Engen in the episode and since Cara/Tiffany cover Serena, it probably does double duty.

On another note, I was looking on the who's who o

re: Legally Blonde understudies
 May 30 2008, 03:10:23 PM
"dani will be the store manager/judge until beth recovers from her injury."

Store Manager/Judge is part of Amber's track though. Stenographer is Beth, which is being covered by Casey Leigh Thompson.

Also, I looked on Playbill the day it was posted saying Danie Spieler was Store Manager/Judge and it still said Amber Efe. It did however list Casey as Stenographer.

May 24 2008, 07:26:15 PM
for all you die hard fans out there, who is behind michelle in the white dress brooke pic?

I'm assuming it's Tracy Jai Edwards. That damn ugly purse Serena has in Omigod You Guys is on the rack behind Michelle.

re: Smallest stage time for an actor in a show?
 May 11 2008, 09:57:47 PM
Cinderella's Father in Into the Woods is pretty scarce in the show. Opening number, First Midnight, Act I Finale, Giant Scene, and Act II Finale. I freakin loved it when I played him though.
re: Godspell question
 Jan 31 2008, 11:22:37 PM
I think it depends on how the production is staged. For instance, I was in the show my senior year of high school. Instead of the eight "disciples" of Jesus, we had about twenty people in the core group as well as a chorus. Each character is definitely played up to their different strengths, and that can really be seen in the script, such as lines and the songs each character is assigned. It was harder for our group since most of us never had only one character's line. Just getting an idea of the character based on your reading or the direction the director wants you to go seems to be the best way to portray the character(s).

There's a fan page for Godspell that had this breakdown of characters listed below. The characters get their names from the actors who originally portrayed them, so it's traditional to use the new actor's name, at least from what I know.

Jesus- Must be the most charismatic individual in the cast. High enegy, charming, funny, gentle but with stregnth. He is the sort of person others instinctively follow.

John the Baptist/Judas- He has attributes of both Biblical figures: he is both Jesus' lieutenant and most ardent disciple and the doubter who begins to question and rebel. Like Jesus, he is also charismatic, but in more of an overt revolutionary way. Usually played by someone handsome and masculine, with an undertone of sexuality. He is the most "serious" and intellectual of the group, though as with all the actors, he must still possess a good sense of physical comedy.

Jeffrey- Very high energy. Impish and playful. In the original, he played several musical instruments, including concertina and recorder.

Lamar- Not the brightest in the bunch, he is a little slow on the uptake. But there is a great sweetness and innocence about him. Because he sings "All Good Gifts," he must be a very good singer.

Herb- The comedian, the class clown. The guy who can do a hundred voices and imitations. This is also the role that sings the least, so it is wise to cast it for a comedian rather than a vocalist.

Robin- A bit of a tomboy, but basically open and sweet. She is the first of the group to commit to following Jesus in the song "Day by Day."

Joanne- The confident one, the show-off. The first one to vounteer, sometimes jumps in before she really understands what's going on.

Peggy- The shy one. Sometimes a little slow to get things, but when she does, she commits all the way. Has an "earth mother" kind of warmth to her.

Sonia- Sassy and slightly cynical, the most urban of the group. Also the "sexy" one, but her sexiness contains a large element of put-on, in the manner of Mae West or Madonna(who in fact once played this role).

Gilmer- The female equivalent of the class clown. Goofy and a cut-up. this is the female role that sings least, and therefore should be cast with a strong comedienne.

In addition to each individual being able to stand out, it is important that all be able to function as an ensemble, without any feeling that any one(other than Jesus) stands out above the others. Other important traits to look for in casting are comic ability and skill at improvisation.

Information from http://www.geocities.com/cugodspell/characters.html

re: Your first musical
 Jan 25 2008, 08:54:00 PM
My first Broadway musical was The Music Man in the summer of 2000 when I was 14. I fell in love with the show, as well as Rebecca Luker(her version of Goodnight My Someone is probably one of the most beautiful song I've ever heard). The show definitely holds a special place in my heart and is probably my favorite musical.

I also so Beauty and the Beast in the same day, then had a Broadway drought until 2007, when I saw Legally Blonde.

'Do the 'Du!' with The 'Du Crew
 Jan 20 2008, 08:18:18 PM
Yesterday's evening show was my first time seeing the show onstage (second altogether) and it's freakin phenomenal. During "I'm Alive" Jackie Hoffman made a tiger claw at my friend Ali and me and that was definitely just a taste of things to come.

We fell in love with Kate Loprest the first time we saw the show when she was on for Kenita Miller, then she was on for Patti Murin and was equally hilarious. During "All Around the World" she came over to us and directed us to "ooh" along

re: Ebersole and Davie: together again in APPLAUSE!
 Jan 11 2008, 10:18:48 PM
I've not seen or heard the music from Applause, but I fell in love with both Christine Ebersole and Erin Davie (so upset I didn't get to see The Glorious Ones) in Grey Gardens. I'll definitely make an effort to see the show.
re: Who are those who see shows multiple times, and how??
 Jan 11 2008, 10:10:57 PM
Wow, MadProps86, I am jealous. I have seen Legally Blonde once and loved it. I watch the MTV version for a few minutes every day. I'm still trying to figure out why I love this show, but I guess it just tickkles my funnybone. Orfeh is such a hoot (although I was surprised how much she seemed to ham it up for the camera, usually it's the other way around).

Guilty pleasures, I guess.

It's totally my favorite guilty pleasure. I think my favorite part about the

re: Who are those who see shows multiple times, and how??
 Jan 11 2008, 08:32:55 AM
I've seen Legally Blonde five times, the first time sitting in the second to last row of the entire theater and the rest with student rush. Each time I've gone back there's been an understudy on in one or more of the leads, so it really is like seeing a completely different show to me.
TOTALLY disappointed the FIRST time around...
 Jan 8 2008, 12:08:25 AM
I saw Curtains this past Wednesday and I felt entertained, but not satisfied. It could be because it was a matinee, but I didn't feel a big spark from the show. The performers all did wonderful jobs, loved Debra Monk and Megan Sikora (my favorite part of the show). David Hyde Pierce and Karen Ziemba were delightful and Jason Danieley had a phenomenal voice. To me, it seemed like there was a good frame work for the show, but that it could be fine-tuned to make it great. I left the theatre happy t
re: Show That You Just Saw, That You MUST see Again??
 Jan 5 2008, 10:33:56 AM
Totally Xanadu, I just saw it on Wednesday and already plan to go back with a friend who was with me and see it on stage.
 Dec 29 2007, 04:14:54 PM
I've heard Becky just uses her regular Delta Nu wig that might be styled differently. There's a picture of her in Serena costume one her website and it looks like her same wig. I think I saw someone say she had the red wig for Margot as well.

I don't know about Cara Cooper when she goes on as Serena, but I believe Beth Curry gets a blonde wig when she goes on as Margot.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You