News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for outsideofadog

Member Name: outsideofadog
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Lucky Seat down again?
 Apr 10 2018, 12:39:57 PM

Is Lucky Seat down again today? 

lucky seat down
 Apr 5 2018, 02:03:43 PM

I was trying to enter for Springsteen....

lucky seat down
 Apr 5 2018, 01:37:01 PM

Is the Lucky Seat site down? I either get an error message or the lottery entry just won't go through.

TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play
 Mar 10 2016, 01:59:02 PM

I have to say that this whole thing is out of control. Members of Gold Club, I think, want as many good (and you know what I mean) offers as possible. I have been a member of all the named entities. I am not sure about Audience Extras, but both Gold Club and Play by Play have said, directly to me, that they have very small staffs and this impacts their work, etc. That doesn't matter to me. We as members just expect the service we are paying for. When we don't like it, we should just r

Feb 16 2016, 02:36:02 PM

I agree that the Gold Club people are nice and respectful and willing to help, which has not been my experience with other service. I think that Gold Club, as part of a bigger organization (Theatermania) has better customer service and no "I'm doing you a favor" attitude.

Feb 15 2016, 05:55:55 PM

I see that Gold Club has been sending out more emails (or it seems that way to me) to update the membership. But it might be nice (it might be nice...) to get a heads up for any Broadway show. If there've been any up lately, I've missed them. I would like to know when one goes up. Not to say I'm not interested in the Offs.

Aug 28 2015, 06:41:10 PM

I will email, but I have to tell you, and the rest of these people, I do have the luxury of logging on often. And I go to the theater a lot, a lot.  So with that, I just have to add that I agree with some of the forum people, theater is so losing traction on the site. I don't need so much Broadway, although it's nice so that you don't have to pay ridiculous prices, but even the off, and off off is down. If theater is the cream in your coffee, I would definitely say you need t

Aug 28 2015, 04:05:00 PM

I joined the Gold Club after having been a member of another service. I was really disappointed in the website and in fact asked to cancel the subscription. I was told all these fixes were coming months ago (and that I could cancel but not get a refund, of course). I just took a look  and thinks have changed over the last few days, but if I'm not mistaken, you can not sort by Broadway v. Off, or look for musicals instead of plays (so is a musical in a theater sorted under play?)

Jul 4 2015, 03:29:00 PM

I found that the Gold Club is very good value, good access to Broadway shows, and are incredibly easy to deal with.

Mar 13 2015, 09:00:55 AM
When you apply or subscribe (depending on how they see your participation), you are given a list of appropriate behaviors and responsibilities. Most have to do with cancellations and picking up tickets; some have to do with comportment in the theater. You can see these usually on the application page, or you might have to actually try to apply to see them. Each company has their own rules. You agree and if you violate them, you might be out of the program.
Tickets services - memberships
 Oct 10 2014, 10:53:18 AM
I am not looking for sympathy at all; I had a dismal, and perhaps unusual, experience. I was though interested in seeing how often this happened since many people walk away from these services (by dropping subscriptions or not being allowed to renew) leaving their little pots of money that ultimately add up to a bigger pot for the service, never knowing they can ask to have that money returned. Perhaps this thread has exhausted it's value. I appreciate everyone's response.
 Oct 9 2014, 05:09:29 PM
Perhaps I was not clear. If you agree to the rules, you must abide by them and if you are sanctioned for breaking them, there is no reason to complain. However, being sanctioned for subjective reasons, is not really okay, in my view.
 Oct 9 2014, 04:27:51 PM
Thank you. No, I did not but they bar you in some cases just because you've voiced a spirited disagreement with policies. Obviously if you sign on for the rules they've set out, you have to abide, but there should be room for discussion and certainly the service should not treat it's members like errant children and impose "punishment". They are businesses after all, and in the theater, filling seats is not a particularly idealistic role. In any event, it's interesting to hear how people fear. T
 Oct 9 2014, 11:15:09 AM
These services terminate membership when the rules are not complied with (in the assessment of the service). I am interested in learning if this is common or extremely rare. I see from another thread that one of the services has 'suspended' a member for one day as punishment for some violation.
 Oct 9 2014, 10:44:36 AM
I am interested in hearing the experiences of anyone who has been a member of any of the NYC services (Audience Extras, Play-by-Play, etc)and was not allowed to renew membership. This does not pertain to qualifying for membership in any organization (must be member of a union, theater professional, etc.)
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You