News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for dlenxz

dlenxz Profile Photo
Member Name: dlenxz
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway to reopen Sept 14
 May 5 2021, 01:46:34 PM

This is incredible news, and I can't wait to be back in a theatre.

Sutton Ross said: "I'm fine with only people who have been vaccinated being allowed in theaters. Stupid people don't get to experience the magic. Period."

While sadly, there are many people out there who refuse to get the vaccine due to conspiracy theories and misinformation, please keep in mind the people who are immunocompromised/have a history of allergies for whom the

So, tell us about yourself.
 Jun 20 2018, 12:29:45 PM

Mid-twenties, aspie, frequent-lurker-rare-poster, born and bred in New Jersey (about 45 minutes outside of New York). When I was little, I loved old horror movies, and one of my favorites was "The Phantom of the Opera". I saw the show when I was 9, and fell in love with theatre right then and there. I've been regularly attending the theatre ever since. 

I initially wanted to be an actor, but after a reckoning in college that I was good-but-not-great, I decided to tur

Dance Nation at Playwrights Horizons
 Apr 25 2018, 12:19:29 PM

I saw this last week and LOVED it. Funny, poignant, and incredibly theatrical. The dance sequences are extremely well-done too. HIGHLY recommended!

Snow Storm and Wed Theater
 Mar 21 2018, 12:27:43 PM

I was on hold with the Neil Simon box office for thirty minutes. Thankfully, since I bought my tickets at the box office, they were able to postdate mine. I gave them a few alternate dates, and they said they'll get back to me tomorrow with a new date.

Since I come in from New Jersey, I probably would've gotten into the city, but I wouldn't have been able to get out after Perestroika ended. Ah well.

Snow Storm and Wed Theater
 Mar 21 2018, 08:03:03 AM

I have tickets for Angels in America today as well. I called the box office yesterday (which directed me to the Nederlander org), and the woman I spoke with said they're planning to postdate today's performances, so whoever has tickets for today should be able to exchange into another set of performances.

R.I.P. Jan Maxwell
 Feb 11 2018, 07:51:34 PM

I was just telling a friend a few months ago how much I missed seeing her onstage. I literally gasped when I saw this headline.

I am incredibly thankful to have seen her in "Coram Boy," "Lend Me A Tenor," and "Follies".

Shows You Grew to Dislike After Being Involved With a Production of It?
 Jan 6 2018, 09:40:01 AM

I played Applegate in "Damn Yankees" my senior year of high school. Great role, terrible experience. To this day, if I hear the song "Heart", I go ballistic.

THE BAND'S VISIT Previews
 Oct 21 2017, 07:44:05 PM

James Rana is on tonight as well. I hope everything is OK with Tony Shalhoub. Really looking forward to the show!

DEH or CFA
 May 7 2017, 10:18:51 AM

Both shows have a lot to offer. Ben Platt's performance in "Dear Evan Hansen" is as incredible as everyone says it is, and I greatly admired the book and score. However, in spite of all the emotional turmoil in the story, I walked away strangely unmoved by it.

"Come From Away", however, restored my faith in humanity. The ensemble worked brilliantly together, the music is beautiful and evocative, and I wound up caring for all of the characters. To m

Tix4Students SHUT DOWN
 Mar 1 2017, 06:44:59 PM

Huh. I wonder what led to this decision. It's still a shame since I saw a lot of great theatre through them when I was in college.

Broadway Actors who went to your school.
 Feb 15 2017, 04:59:43 PM

I grew up in the same town as Brian Falduto (Billy in the School of Rock film). We did a few community shows together as children but went to different middle/high schools.

Rob McClure attended the same college I attended (Montclair State University), but left before my time. I don't think he graduated. Josh Dela Cruz (Aladdin understudy) was a senior when I was a freshman and was one of the nicest guys I met in my time there.

Death takes a holiday
 Jan 21 2017, 07:37:30 PM

I saw this off-Broadway. Some of the music is absolutely gorgeous ("More and More" and "I Thought That I Could Live" I feel are incredibly strong romantic songs), and the performances from the cast were fine overall.

For me, the biggest issue with the material was its inconsistent tone. The first act awkwardly alternated between pastiche musical comedy and dark meditation on life and death, which made the first act wildly uneven. The second act selected th

LES LIAISONS DANGEREUSES Previews
 Oct 9 2016, 11:34:52 AM

BroadwayLuv2: "Anyone try rush?  Any news on a policy or anything like it?"

I asked the box office last night if there was going to be a rush policy for the show, and they said they didn't know yet.

HEISENBERG Previews
 Oct 9 2016, 12:11:29 AM

I saw this tonight and thought it was very well-done. The script was beautifully written, with plenty of laugh-out-loud moments and poignant dialogue. Mary-Louise Parker and Denis Arndt were truly outstanding in this. Although the production is extremely bare-bones, their connection and chemistry onstage were more than compelling. I agree that with other actresses, Georgie might come across as merely eccentric. But with Mary-Louise Parker's portrayal, Georgie is charming, funny, desp

Can You See a Broadway Show Alone Under 18?
 Oct 2 2016, 09:20:18 PM

I first started seeing Broadway shows by myself when I was 13, and never had a problem. Enjoy!

THE CHERRY ORCHARD Previews
 Sep 14 2016, 11:28:41 PM

I'm going on the 25th! Looking forward to reading the first preview reports.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You