News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for broadwayboy81

broadwayboy81 Profile Photo
Member Name: broadwayboy81
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Daphne Replaced?
 Nov 6 2006, 11:45:16 AM
i can only hope this is true. i'm sure alice could go right in... she's done it before. she could act AND sing the **** out of the role. hopefully she'll at least get to do it for part of this new run!
re: Who's the most Versatile person around?
 Aug 28 2006, 01:32:52 PM
A-L-I-C-E R-I-P-L-E-Y
re: Female broadway performers who belt and sing soprano?
 Aug 28 2006, 01:30:17 PM
A-L-I-C-E R-I-P-L-E-Y
re: Alice Ripley and Emily Skinner Concert
 Jun 2 2006, 02:22:07 PM
this is the news of the year for me. CAN'T WAIT!

ONE QUESTION:

why can i only get orchestra seats more than half way back. i've been trying since 12:00 yesterday and the closest tix i found were in row r. ?? are they waiting to release the first several rows? that's where i must sit for this! anyone?

re: Singers who can belt super HIGH!!!
 Mar 18 2006, 10:58:05 AM
I'm so surprised at how little Alice Ripley appears on this list. And I'm even more surprised that people would actually say she's not a high belter.... F's aren't high belt? She gets up there with the best of 'em. Not to mention the 8000 E's she had to belt in side show. Take another listen. This is one our greatest high belters.

-Broadwayboy... who was hoping she would have been cast as Evita in London and is now hoping she will do it on Broadway...

re: If Alice Ripley was to ever return to Broadway...
 Feb 24 2006, 05:48:01 PM
I'm glad to see this stirred up conversation as well. Alice posts have seemed to be lacking here and lately and I'm glad she still has her fans. Let's start our own Alice campaign! Someone should be writing a show for this talent!

BTW, I believe she has hit or is about to hit middle age, but she could easily play MUCH younger. She has the skin of someone in their late 20's. She's so versatile in her look, acting, and singing. I think she can do it all!

re: If Alice Ripley was to ever return to Broadway...
 Feb 24 2006, 04:07:27 PM
EVITA!!!!!

I love and miss Alice. I wish she would come back to New York. I'm all for her band, but Broadway needs her now and then.

Currently on Broadway she could be in:
Chicago: Roxie or Velma
Wicked: Elphaba (Not ideal, but I would love to hear her rock out in those songs)
Pajama Game: Babe

I'd also like to see her do:
Sunday in the Park with George: Dot
Anyone Can Whistle: Fay
Into the Woods: The witch or the baker's wife
Passion:

re: When Does Alice Ripley's Cd Come Out?
 Feb 19 2006, 11:56:01 AM
I've been waiting on this CD for a year. I hope by this spring we can all run out and get it. I also hope she comes back to New York to perform with her band and promote the CD. Wouldn't it be great if she played Fantine again in the six month return of Les Mis? Heck, I've still got my fingers crossed on Evita being mounted and her playing the role...

New York misses her!

re: Who'll play 'Pirate' Jenny now??
 Dec 14 2005, 05:29:45 PM
100% ALICE RIPLEY!

Get her back on Broadway! She'd be great in this!

re: Lets Put This Whole Dreamgirls Business To Rest
 Nov 16 2005, 12:14:08 PM
Wow! I really hope this is accurate. I am now much more eager to see this movie! Since her American Idol days I have been a fan and told everyone what a great Effie she would be. I'm sure under the hands of Mr. Condon she will not dissapoint. I have been hoping she would be cast all along. I had no idea she was even still in the running! Without a doubt, she is the best choice.

SCORE!

re: Photo Preview: Paper Mill's 'The Baker's Wife'
 Apr 16 2005, 04:39:30 PM
I agree with Marin! Eeek to Rebecca though... I have yet to hear her belt.
 Apr 16 2005, 04:31:28 PM
That's how I feel about Rachel as well. Definitely not enough power in her belt. No doubt she could do it, but so many others who could do it better!

1) Alice
2) Toni
3) Carolee

Apr 16 2005, 04:28:12 PM
Toni is an inspired choice... I say no to Ms. York though. So, if Alice is a no go, I wouldn't mind seeing Toni at all.
 Apr 16 2005, 04:12:18 PM
Well, here's hoping it's in the next few years. She certainly doesn't look 41.
 Apr 16 2005, 04:02:53 PM
I think Alice looks and sings the role better (well at least Meadowlark... which I've heard her sing... I'll be seeing the show in a few weeks).

If they are trying to make her look like Patti maybe it's to promote her for Evita... in the long-talked about revival!!! ANYONE??? hehe. I'm just kidding, but 100% hoping! Who is more right for that role?

Thanks for the Patti picture MEF.

Apr 16 2005, 03:39:52 PM
Alice looks rough???? WOW!! I think she looks great! Especially in the picture by herself. We can always count on her to be the true chameleon actress in musical theatre. She looks the way the character should look. I think it's perfect!

re: My (long) Dessa Rose review (1st preview)
 Feb 18 2005, 02:22:18 PM
LOL... it's an ahrens and flaherty opening and a spirtual! What do you expect... Of course there were tears!
My (long) Dessa Rose review (1st preview)
 Feb 18 2005, 01:54:38 PM
Ok… I know it was a preview, so take this review with a grain of salt. These are just my first instinctive opinions. I think this is a show that needs to be viewed more than once to be truly justified.

Here goes:

In true Ahrens and Flaherty fashion, the opening does not disappoint. Within the first 30 seconds, I had tears dripping down my face. The music, the lyrics, the voices, and the feeling of being one of the first people to see this show (albeit in it’s “preview” state)

re: What numbers from What Shows: Tony's 2005
 Feb 7 2005, 04:02:39 PM
Trust me WickedRocks, Piazza will get a nod long before Little Woman or Chitty.
re: What numbers from What Shows: Tony's 2005
 Feb 7 2005, 02:41:46 PM
1) The Light in the Piazza- Probably the opening number (I forget the name... but it involves everyone), Otherwise the title song or "Fable"
2) Spamalot-no clue
3)Dirty Rotton Scoundrels-Big Stuff or the title song
4) Little Women-Astonishing or the song they did on CBS a few days ago (when Laurie becomes their "brother")

These 4 are pretty much locks for nominations unless:
a) Spelling Bee transfers (bye bye little women)
b) Dessa Rose transfers (bye bye little wome

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You