News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for HVicQ

Member Name: HVicQ
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Just back from the first preview of PORGY AND BESS....
 Aug 20 2011, 11:33:44 AM
I saw the production the other night. Parts were very good, parts were very messy. On the whole though, I would say it was solid but underwhelming. Didn't really buy McDonald as Bess. I felt she was REALLY pushing to convince us that she could pull off this role. It just felt like she laid it on a little too thick. I thought Lewis faired much better. He was in magisterial voice and I found his performance to be quite moving. I agree with other posters that he needs to find the pathos more in the
Center Theater Group Goes Bold with BRING IT ON, AMERICAN IDIOT, Broadway-Bound FUNNY GIRL & More Set for 2011-2012 Season
 Mar 15 2011, 08:00:53 PM
Sounds like a pretty solid season to me! I guess this means that Funny Girl will have a late March/ early April Broadway opening right in time for Tony Season. Any word on Brice casting? Is it rumored that they'll go for an unknown?
re: 'You Gotta Get A Gimmick' -- Why is this song funny?
 Aug 19 2010, 12:07:26 AM
Well at least they didn't start a new thread... Because that would have just been horror of unspeakable HORROR!

You guys are pretty vicious on here... Almost like damned if you do, damned if you don't. So they resurrected an old thread. I think everyone will be ok!

Characters That Are Really Only In One Act
 Jul 26 2010, 12:46:57 AM
Charlie in Brigadoon. Has his two major songs in Act I and then besides being at attendance at his wedding, doesn't say a word for Act II. Jean (his bride) too for that matter.
Dear Catherine Zeta Jones
 Jun 20 2010, 11:36:45 PM
SERIOUSLY... THANK YOU! People need to shut the **** up about her winning already. I for one heard she was very good in the show, and was happy to see her take the award. They were all very good in that category. She has an Oscar and now a Tony... she's obviously doing good work.
re: New Sondheim interview (Follies film, new project, etc)
 Oct 23 2009, 04:47:13 PM
Sally: Goldie Hawn
Ben: Daniel Day Lewis
Buddy: Richard Gere
Phyllis: Michelle Pfiffer

DONE.

Out of Town Try- Outs: Lodging
 Aug 24 2009, 11:40:21 PM
This has been a question that I've always wondered and one which has never really been definitivley answered. Are actors given lodging while performing in an out of town try out for a Broadway- Bound production? Or is it the actor's job to find their own place to live?
re: Sarah in Ragtime
 Aug 3 2009, 07:07:30 PM
Is anyone else not really feelin' this revival? I mean... why do a revival when pretty much the whole original cast could still play their parts? With the exception of Lea Michele. I've heard positive things, but I mean it only closed on Broadway 8 9 years ago right? It just seems a little soon.
re: What Are the 10 Best Cast Recordings of 2000-2009?
 Jul 24 2009, 06:10:24 PM
1.) The Light in the Piazza
2.) Not POSITIVE if its 1999 or 2000 but Lippa's Wild Party. Its not really a great show, but the score is fantastic.
3.) Spamalot
4.) Sweeney Todd- John Doyle's
5.) Thoroughly Modern Millie
6.) Grey Gardens
7.) Urinetown (even if the sound quality is a little tinny)
8.) Hair Benefit Concert (not the current revival). Not sure if it counts, but that lineup of singers is a knockout. Jennifer Hudson's rendition of Easy to Be Hard is re

re: Creative Team for CLUELESS: The Musical
 Jul 24 2009, 06:03:37 PM
Just... why? It used to be interesting when movies became musicals. Now pretty much any movie ever made can become musicalized. I read Secondhand Lions is being adapted for the stage? Just...why? That movie wasn't even popular AS A MOVIE. Can't we get some original ideas and or musicals devoloped from say, a book?
1964 Tony awards
 Jul 18 2009, 04:58:24 PM
1964 seemed to be a year where there were two great musicals (Funny Girl/ Helloy Dolly) pitted against eachother (not to mention Channing and Streisand.) Do you all agree with Dolly having swept the TONYs and Funny Girl being shut out? What would you have voted for?

EDIT: not to mention that the glorious 110 in the shade AND she loves me were also in that year. 110 wasn't even best musical nominated.

re: 82nd Academy Awards To Feature 10 Best Picture Nominees, Ceremony Held
 Jun 24 2009, 03:12:10 PM
Pgenre, Babel WAS nominated for Best Picture unlike Dreamgirls which was snubbed. Did you mean that Babel was snubbed in that it deserved to win Best Picture?
re: The Last 5 Year Tonys!
 Jun 22 2009, 07:01:59 PM
BEST MUSICAL
Jersey Boys

BEST REVIVAL OF A MUSICAL
Hair

BEST DIRECTOR OF A MUSICAL
Bartlett Sher, South Pacific

BEST LEADING ACTOR IN A MUSICAL
John Lloyd Young, Jersey Boys

BEST LEADING ACTRESS IN A MUSICAL
Victoria Clark, The Light in the Piazza

BEST FEATURED ACTOR IN A MUSICAL
Christian Hoff, Jersey Boys

BEST FEATURED ACTRESS IN A MUSICAL
Sara Ramirez, Spamalot

BEST BOOK
re: What Do People think of a SHOW BOAT revival?
 Jun 1 2009, 12:51:21 AM
I do agree too that Brigadoon would be wonderful. Another beautiful score. Who would like to see cast Musikman? In Show Boat or Brigadoon?
re: 'Footloose' will not be a burst-out-into song movie musical...
 Jun 1 2009, 12:38:51 AM
Brody when you say Sarah Jessica Parker is not a dancer are you referring to her work in footloose? or in general? I'm pretty sure she was a serious dancer for some time...
re: What Do People think of a SHOW BOAT revival?
 May 31 2009, 11:05:28 PM
Well all of this is true. I think the major reason for there not having been a revival yet was because of the Hal Prince version. But I mean, we are seeing revivals of Guys and Dolls and Gypsy, which had runs on B-way not too long ago (especially Gypsy.) I think just to hear new talent sing that score would be thrilling. I think Kelli O'Hara or Sierra Boggess would be a wonderful Magnolia. Who as Ravenal? Brian D'Arcy James? Patrick Wilson?
What Do People think of a SHOW BOAT revival?
 May 31 2009, 10:00:58 PM
What do you think? It's been nearly 15 years since the Hal Prince revival bowed on Broadway. Do you think a revivial could work? Who would you want to see cast?
re: Should cast recordings be done live?
 May 30 2009, 11:23:05 PM
I think that's absoloutely on the money. Some shows are perfectly studio-suited, but a rock show (i.e. rock of ages, brooklyn, hair) might benefit from the audience.
re: Going Down Key?
 Feb 14 2009, 11:15:50 AM
Thank you both!
Going Down Key?
 Feb 13 2009, 04:09:38 PM
I have a question...

I am interested in doing Going Down from Hair for an audition. I'd like to sing it in the same key that Gavin Creel sings it in on the actor's benefit CD. However the key that I have it in is in C and that isn't the one he sings it in. Can anyone tell me the key he sings it in so I can attempt to transpose it? If anyone could help me out here I would be very appreciative.

Thanks!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You