News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for clomoe

Member Name: clomoe
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Big Broadway Hardback Books!
 Jan 25 2019, 01:27:19 AM

Emmaloucbway said: "I love these coffee table books as well. Strand Bookstore always seems to have a few in their oversized theatre/film section, so if you're ever in NYC I recommend looking there (I bought one on The Producers not too long ago).

I also loved the Playbill Yearbook series -- it was a fun, behind the sceneslook at all the shows running every season. I miss them!

I've said this before, but I really hope a coffee table book is released on th

Jan 25 2019, 01:23:53 AM

Kitsune said: "I used to have a coffee table book for Elton John and Tim Rice's Aida. Say what you want about its quality as a musical, but the design was gorgeous and the book had some amazing photos. (Unfortunately my copy got bad water damage - I've been meant to find another).

I also have an Avenue Q coffee table book, complete with orange fuzzy cover.
"

Ooh I remember hearing about the Aida one, I'll have to start having a look around

Jan 24 2019, 09:53:28 PM

Hi all!

This is the second time I've posted about this topic, the first time being a couple years ago!

I collect the large coffee-table books about the creative process and construction of Broadway musicals. They are absolutely stunning and often include original set and costume sketches, backstage photographs, annotated full librettos, secrets and stories from the cast and crew, and more! Over the years I have found more online than I ever expected to exist - w

What Cast recordings do you own on vinyl?
 Nov 29 2017, 10:59:43 PM

I have Jesus Christ Superstar from the 70s, West Side Story film soundtrack, and Footloose film soundtrack! :)

Broadway Coffee Table Books
 Nov 27 2017, 10:11:54 PM

Brave Sir Robin2 said: "clomoe said: ""Ah awesome! Do you know the full titles of the Mamma Mia and Hairspray books? I can't seem to find them online."

HAIRSPRAY: THE ROOTS and MAMMA MIA!HOW CAN I RESIST YOU?
"

Fabulous thank you!!

Nov 27 2017, 03:00:58 AM

"Brave Sir Robin2 said: 

It's more about the musical!

Ps:broadway_show_fanI might be interested in selling my Mary Poppins book. PM me!
"

Ah awesome! Do you know the full titles of the Mamma Mia and Hairspray books? I can't seem to find them online.

Nov 27 2017, 02:59:20 AM

TheQuibbler said: "There's a really beautiful book that I can't recall the name of that features black and white photography of various actors in costume, usually backstage. I believe Alan Cumming as the Emcee is featured on either the front or back cover. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?"

Bumping this thread cause I would love to know the name of this book if anyone has any idea! :)

Nov 14 2017, 03:29:59 PM

jkstheatrescene said: "I agree with the 2 Sondheim Volumes, as well as the Playbill Yearbooks and The Great Comet book.

Two of my other favorites are the one they put out for The Who's Tommy and Spring Awakening. Interesting reading and great photography. The Who's Tommy book is great to look back at the beginnings of people like Michael Cerveris, Alice Ripley, Sherie Renee Scott and Norm Lewis, among others.

Nov 14 2017, 03:25:08 PM

Brave Sir Robin2 said: "I also own Mamma Mia, the original The Color Purple, Avenue Q, and Hairspray :)"

Ah cool! I didn't know there was one about Mamma Mia - is it about the Broadway musical or the movie? Same with Hairspray? :) 

Nov 12 2017, 09:14:55 PM

I have recently fallen in love with the big hard-back books about Broadway shows! What are your favourites? What shows do you wish had a coffee table book?

I have: 
- The Wicked Grimmerie
- Les Mis Stage to Screen
- Hamilton: The Revolution
- Book of Mormon - Testament of a Broadway Musical
- DEH - Waving Through a Window (on pre-order)

I'm dying to get Spring Awakening - In The Flesh, however am having a lot of trouble finding it available for purchase online that ships to Australia - same for Mary Poppins - Anything Can Happen if You Let It.

Let me know if there's any I should know about -  I've found it quite hard to find information on these great books and no resources that list all the available books.

smiley

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You